X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011/12 Slosh Series

I know the Stumptown team is busy but wanted to start a thread to get people thinking about these events.

I have been thinking about it since last year. I want to have one of these events at Bonneville. I was told if I got all the tee pads in place that this would happen. The tee pads are in and it would be awesome to have the first PDGA sanctioned event be a Stumptown Slosh series. I even volunteer to TD the event. I am certified and would gladly do whatever it takes to make this happen.

Comment

N. Bonneville would be perfect for one of the Sloshes!

The weather could be treacherous and that's what the Slosh Series is all about.

The tee pads are some of the best that I've played on, and the small tweeks to the course have made it more difficult.

I'd like pier to host one as well!

Comment

Wasn't able to play last year...but I would love to throw at Dabney!!

Comment

Hornings
          Bonneville
          Stubb Stewart
          Lake View Golf Course

Comment

Slosh

Hornings
            Bonneville
            Stubb Stewart
            Lake View Golf Course
            CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

I don't feel that Stub Stewart will be ready for a 60-72 person field with 2 rounds in one day. The course is still too rough to allow speedy play. We will see what we can accomplish this fall and winter but if it starts snowing up there early this season it probably wont be safe to play until March or April next year.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

What about Champoeg or Ewing Young in Newberg...I know that's a bit out of Portland, but I have yet to play any tourneys at either one.

Comment

Originally posted by GrummyBear View Post
                  I'd like pier to host one as well!
                  But with the proper paperwork and all... right Humplick?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

... i would argue that it might be best to avoid as much treacherousness as possible for the sloshes... bonneville maybe as the first slosh if we're going to have one out there? just my thought... last year's slosh at timber was dicey driving, so i understand it cannot be avoided, but i would like to play all of these events (and not wreck my car on black ice in the process)...

... yeah, yeah... and if i didn't live in a little shack out in the mountainous boondocks, treacherous driving conditions wouldn't be such an issue for me...

... good points about stub, mike... i can't wait til the course is neat and tidy enough for a tournament but at this point it's still just too rough around the edges...
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Hey since we are doing absolutely NOTHING to help these events happen why stop at Stubb Stewart..."we" should have Slosh events at a brand new course on the top of Mt Tabor...and I've always wanted a course in Forrest Park so "let's" do that one too and while "we're" at it, why not a quick one at Whistler's Bend too it's just a short drive out of town...

[/sarcasm]

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        Hey since we are doing absolutely NOTHING to help these events happen why stop at Stubb Stewart..."we" should have Slosh events at a brand new course on the top of Mt Tabor...and I've always wanted a course in Forrest Park so "let's" do that one too and while "we're" at it, why not a quick one at Whistler's Bend too it's just a short drive out of town...

[/sarcasm]

grump-o-potamous (finger pointing and name calling... straight up personal attack... flag this post!!!).

i love you, jordan & i love a good grump-o-potamous.
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          grump-o-potamous (finger pointing and name calling... straight up personal attack... flag this post!!!).

i love you, jordan & i love a good grump-o-potamous.
                          Few things are as good as a grumpy morning rant after a long holiday weekend as you're back to work and faced with the mountain of work to scale again this week...

But on a more positive note, the Slosh series is when Stumptown gets new TDs some experience running smaller events so they can see what it takes put these together. So if you are quick to post about how you'd like to see an event here or there, you should be checking yourself and instead posting "I'd like to run a Slosh series event at EVENT VENUE!"

Yes that's right columbia gorge discgolf, GrummyBear, chainsmasher and AChivers...I'm talking about YOU! And don't get me started about Wog...a special circle of hell awaits you sirrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                            Few things are as good as a grumpy morning rant after a long holiday weekend as you're back to work and faced with the mountain of work to scale again this week...

But on a more positive note, the Slosh series is when Stumptown gets new TDs some experience running smaller events so they can see what it takes put these together. So if you are quick to post about how you'd like to see an event here or there, you should be checking yourself and instead posting "I'd like to run a Slosh series event at EVENT VENUE!"

Yes that's right columbia gorge discgolf, GrummyBear, chainsmasher and AChivers...I'm talking about YOU! And don't get me started about Wog...a special circle of hell awaits you sirrah!

Agreed, but to be fair one of them did post that they were willing to TD.

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                            I have been thinking about it since last year. I want to have one of these events at Bonneville. I was told if I got all the tee pads in place that this would happen. The tee pads are in and it would be awesome to have the first PDGA sanctioned event be a Stumptown Slosh series. I even volunteer to TD the event. I am certified and would gladly do whatever it takes to make this happen.
                            Way to step up!!

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                              Agreed, but to be fair one of them did post that they were willing to TD.

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                              Way to step up!!

Cindy
                              Yep! And it sounds like a good time will be had at N Bonne this year, but this thread soon devolved into an "I wanna play a tourney here and here and here" whine, so I was forced to call them out. Besides, it fits with my grump-o-potamous mood if I gloss over that part...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X