Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown Slosh #3

Hello Everyone,

It's just about time to register for the third Slosh event! Registration will open on 1/6/14 at 6pm. You will be able to register here: http://www.4discgolf.com/SLOSH3

Registration will be closed on 2/13/14 and we will not be registering anyone the day of the event.

The Details:
    • The tournament is a one day PDGA sanctioned C- tier event on Sunday, Feb 16, 2014
    • Entry fee is $35 with $5 from every entry going directly to the 2014 PDGA Pro Worlds Volunteer Fund
    • Both Milo West and East will be used

Some other notes:

The layout being used will NOT be the BSF layout. We will be using a number of the shorter tee pads as well as a few natural tee pads to shorten up some of the holes. The reason for this is the fact that the sun sets at 5:39 on February 16th and we will need to be finished and out of the park around that time.

Lunch will not be provided and there is a good chance, that for some groups, it will be a very fast turn around between rounds. We will try to allow as much time as possible, but due to limited daylight, it could be a short lunch. Please plan accordingly.

We would like to thank Jeff Hagerty and Jeff Mittl for their help in securing Milo and making it possible for us to use all 36 holes. By doing so it will allow us to run one of the biggest Slosh's to date and raise a good amount of money for all of the volunteers for Worlds this year.

Thank you.

Jason Pinkal and Dan Carpenter

Don't forget, registration for Slosh #3 opens in 6 hours!

Comment

Looks like MPO is already sold out! Make sure to sign up for the wait list http://www.4discgolf.com/waitlist/?model=SLOSH3

Comment

Not even 24 hours since registration has opened up and there are already 112 people signed up! On top of that weíve had an additional $120 donated to the Volunteer Fund! Itís great to see the generosity of so many disc golfers!!! Letís keep it up so we can make sure that the Volunteers are taken care of!

MPO, MA1, and MGM are sold out. Calling on all MPM players out there on the fence. Starting Saturday we will be giving those spots to people on the wait list for MPO and MA1, so get signed up!

Comment

I'm In!

Comment

Any chance we can get a brief description of what East holes we will be playing? I believe that the baskets for this course are in the ground at present and it would be good to know what to expect.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Slosh #3 has filled and waitlists are up and running for both pools (lists copied below). Fill out our Waitlist Request Form over at 4DiscGolf (http://www.4discgolf.com/waitlist/?model=SLOSH3) if you would like on one of our lists.

A Pool (MPO, MPM and MA1):
              Aaron Wyland - MA1
              Tony Skriv - MPO
              Brandon Hanswell - MPO
              Jeremy Voelker - MPO
              Eric Henson - MA1
              Rob Wise - MPO
              Kenny Hall - MA1 or MPO
              Nate Sexton - MPO
              Chris Lippert - MA1

B Pool (FPO, MPG, FA1, MA2, FA2 and MM1):
              Dave Clement - MM1
              Steve Tufty - MPG
              Barry Bolliger - MM1
              Chris Lippert - MA2
              Sheeba Loeber - FA2
              DC Dan - MM1

Comment

Here are the tentative layouts for the Slosh. The changes we are making to the course were all made with speed of play in mind. There is always the possibility that there could be some changes for unforeseen circumstances. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to the event.

Comment

Never mind, for some reason it won't post my pictures.

Comment

PM sent.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hi Everyone,

It's just over a week before Slosh #3 at Milo and we just wanted to pass along some information regarding the event.

Schedule

7am – Gates open
                        7:15am – Check in opens
                        8:10am – Check in closes, anyone that hasn’t checked in by then will lose their spot
                        9:00am – Start of Rd1
                        Lunch TBD
                        Round 2 TBD

We will do our best to have everything set up so people can check in fast and be on their way to warming up. If you haven’t checked in by 8:10am you will be dropped from the tournament.

Speed of Play

We need to be out of the park by 5:30 so please be mindful of speed of play. If rounds exceed 3 hours, we will not be able to guarantee at least an hour for lunch and time to redeem scrip at the end of the event. Please plan ahead and bring your lunch because there may not be time to leave between rounds.

Next Adventure CTP Contest – B Flight ONLY

Next Adventure has graciously donated 18 CTPs that will be given out to the B Flight only. Each card will be competing for a CTP so you’ll have a 1 in 4 shot at winning. More details on this prior to the event.

Bathrooms

The park has informed us that only the bathrooms near tournament central and near the east parking lot will be open during the event.
                        Course Maps

If you haven’t already seen the course maps showing the layouts that we will be using, they are linked below.. Please take a few minutes to review the maps before the event and don’t hesitate to follow-up with any questions.

http://tiny.cc/djfuax - Northwest Disc Golf News
                        http://tiny.cc/sxfuax - Facebook Event Page
                        Last edited by dc1; February 7th, 2014, 03:01 AM.

Comment

New maps:

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Which divisions are 'A' flight & which are 'B' flight? (or is it some other criterion?)

Comment

A Flight is MPO, MPM, and MA1
                              B Flight is all other divisions

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X