I don't post on here very often at all. My Name is Ryan Gwillim, and I'm a huge stats geek when it comes to golf. After discussing the upcoming SLSH at Blue Lake with a bunch of golfers I was taken aback by how much variance there is in everyone's guesstimations of scores. For instance, this past weekend I was talking with two of the people that have the best chance of winning the event. Their guesstimations of the winning score were WAY off from mine. And I have spoken to a lot of other people as well who were all over the board.
I've heard anywhere from -18 to -5 for the possible winning score for MPO. After muddling around I've decided that I'd like to hear more guesses on a few things. So here are a few questions that I'd like to see ppl on here answer. Whoever has the most points right gets a free McCormick fundraiser Aviar and a free koozie. Second place get's a koozie.
Please put your answers in the following format so that I can search and tally easily:
It'd also be cool if you elaborate, but please don't elaborate NEXT to the answer, please keep it to a following paragraph or whatever.
Here are the questions (keep in mind that par is 69, so -9 would be shooting a 60):
1) Who will win MPO(worth 3pts)
2) What will the MPO winning score be for the weekend (over/under par, i.e. "-9") (3pts)
3) What will be the average score for all divisions on hole 17 (both rounds)(round to nearest whole number) (1pt)
4) What will the hot MPO round be on Saturday (1pt)
5) What will the hot MPO round be on Sunday (1pt)
6) What will the average first round score be for MA2 (round to nearest whole number)(1pt)
7) What will be the average score on hole 7 (all divisions, all rounds) (round to the nearest whole number)(1pt)
8) How many OB strokes will be counted for the lead card in the second round (1pt)
9) What will be the SSA for round 1 (SSA is a 1000 rated round, for instance, Pier usually has an SSA of about 49) (4pts)
10) How many OB strokes will I (Ryan Gwillim) have for the whole tournament.* (1pt)
Some of these are dependent upon Hagerty letting me see the scores, etc. Hopefully that won't be problem. If not, we'll score just the ones I can answer from the results.
*had to throw a vanity ? in there.
I'll update this as more people make their picks.