X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 S.O.W.S Express Oct. 20, 21

The Express will be held on Saturday the 20 and Sunday 21. Saturday we will start at Riverfront and then head out to Whistler's Bend to finish. Sunday we will start at Tom Peirce and then headed to Lake Selmac to finish.

8 golfers per team 4 Open, 2 Adv, and 2 Ams.

Entry is $80 per Team, players meeting at 8:30. Second round meeting will be determined by first round finish. If you have any questions you can call Spencer Gausnell at 541-679-5314.

expresso golf

Are we going back to teams from a specific town/city? I hope, I hope, I hope!
    It's almost SOWS time!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

You all can have your team from local area's only, we wont be in this year for this event. Someone else can try to get the salad bowl from Shane, we never even got it.

Comment

Does this count...

Since it looks like this Express Tourney was add last minute will it count for those wanting to attend ALL of the SOWS tourneys? Meaning if we miss it will we not get a special t-shirt/hat/whatever at the end of SOWS2012?

This is coming from someone that has to request time off from work for every tournement.

Thanks,
        Glenn
        Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
        Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
        --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

SOWS "warm up"

Originally posted by JPSnuffy View Post
          Since it looks like this Express Tourney was add last minute will it count for those wanting to attend ALL of the SOWS tourneys? Meaning if we miss it will we not get a special t-shirt/hat/whatever at the end of SOWS2012?

This is coming from someone that has to request time off from work for every tournement.

Thanks,
          Glenn
          Glenn,
          The express was started in the beginning as a preview to all the courses we would play during the series. It is entirely optional and does not have any bearing on the series or I-man status. Unless, you are a Rebel!
          Yose
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            Glenn,
            The express was started in the beginning as a preview to all the courses we would play during the series. It is entirely optional and does not have any bearing on the series or I-man status. Unless, you are a Rebel!
            Yose
            Well, I guess I will have to bow out of that weekend. Have too many people on my shift already on vacation so I cannot get the time off. Have fun with your 'preview' of SOWS.

Oh, and Yose I will never stop being a Rebel! Aarrrrr.
            Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
            Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
            --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

Express history

I believe it was 1996 when big Jeff Moyer (SOWS founder) called me up and challenged us Umpqua and Medford dger's to the "Express".
              5 person teams from Roseburg, Grants Pass and Medford played a 146 holes!
              Holmes > 3 rounds of 9
              Tom Pearce > 1 round of 18
              Riverside > 2 rounds of 9
              Indian Mary > 2 rounds of 9
              Crow Road > 1 round of 18
              Wolf Creek > 2 rounds of 9
              Riverfront > 1 round of 18
              Whistlers > 1 round of 18
              - Anonymous

Comment

team Welcome To The Thunderdome!!!

Open golfers= Spencer, Josh, Devon, Brant on Saturday and Moe on Sunday.

Adv golfers= Kris Brannon and Ryan Devine

Ams= Dixon Cox and Paul Bryson

Any other teams?

Comment

Round 1
                  Open 1
                  Open 2
                  Open 3 and Adv 1
                  Open 4 and Am 1
                  Am 2 and Adv 2
                  Round 2
                  Open 3
                  Open 4
                  Open 1 and Adv 2
                  Open 2 and Am 2
                  Am 4 and Adv 1
                  Round 3
                  Open 3
                  Open 4
                  Open 1 and Am 2
                  Open 2 and Adv 1
                  Am 1 and Adv 2
                  Round 4
                  Open 1
                  Open 2Y
                  Open 3 and Am 1
                  Open 4 and Adv 2
                  Am 2 and Adv 1
                  This is the format for the express. You have to turn in your roster for both days on Sat the 20th for both days.

Comment

So who took it home and how many teams were there??

Since it sounds like 8 man teams were a little too much for most areas, heres something i was thinking about for the future. It feels to me like the spirit of the express has been lost these last few years.

-5 man teams. No divisions or other crap just rally the best ya got and head out
                    -Still stick to the ABCDE format for players playing each course
                    -Teams MUST be from the same area. Bragging rights go to the winner with a NEW trophy next year (since team northern horders didnt want to bring it back last year)
                    -Loser buys the keg for Finals.

Just my 2 cents. Thoughts?
                    /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

tough questione eh?

Originally posted by JBizzle View Post
                      So who took it home and how many teams were there??
                      Curious DGer's want to know.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

never mind

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                        Curious DGer's want to know.
                        > Grants Pass
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X