X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
    T minus 32 days until it begins. You roseburgers are going down!
    I OFFICIALLY VOLUNTEER MY SERVICES TO RUN THE EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont wanna step on any toes but i want this to happen

Comment

steel tipped boots

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
      I OFFICIALLY VOLUNTEER MY SERVICES TO RUN THE EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont wanna step on any toes but i want this to happen
      Run Scotty run!
      Jesse cox will help.
      FWIW, the weekend before Halloween looks the best.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        Run Scotty run!
        Jesse cox will help.
        FWIW, the weekend before Halloween looks the best.

Unfortunately i dont have the time to help this year. I might be able to play but i don't even know if i can do that. You can do it Scotty...keep the express alive!

Comment

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
          Unfortunately i dont have the time to help this year. I might be able to play but i don't even know if i can do that. You can do it Scotty...keep the express alive!
          Okay, so I will be posting an official schedule with rules and everything here in the next day or two. For now I need teams, this is where i need help. I dont have phone numbers for Boyd and the rest of the southern crew. If someone could please text or call me with those numbers and leave them on my voicemail if i dont answer that would help a ton. My number is 5414045141.

Thanks

Comment

I say no divisions or whacky scoring system. Just 5-6 man teams bring the best ya got and will making scoring substantially easier.

My 2cents.

PS scotty i believe we finish south this year for scheduling purposes.
            /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

Originally posted by JBizzle View Post
              I say no divisions or whacky scoring system. Just 5-6 man teams bring the best ya got and will making scoring substantially easier.

My 2cents.

PS scotty i believe we finish south this year for scheduling purposes.

JB you are correct that schedule wise we should stick to finishing in GP this year, however after talking to shane he brought up a good point, for those of us who have to travel, Roseburg is closer to those traveling from far away, if we had teams coming up from Norcal it would be different. So still unsure about schedule, it will be posted soon. Thanks for the imput, also team info will be posted at the same time, hopefully tomorrow

Comment

Okay good I found the Dates. Thanks Yose for posting the Future here. I am hoping to make 5 at least this year.

Comment

Daylight Savings.

""011-2012 Southern Oregon Winter Series Schedule

Sunday-11/6/11-Wolf Creek-Pro/Am""

FYI - "In the early morning hours of Sunday, Nov. 6, the clocks will be set back an hour, from 2 a.m. to 1 a.m."

Please don't confuse my Disc Golf passion with actual Disc Golf ability.

Comment

Question

Yoseman its going to be me and my friends first tourny at wolf creek we r going to play in am but we wanna make shure we get to be in the same group. is that a possiblilty or is it just fate and luck.

Comment

are all things possible?

Originally posted by basketslapper View Post
                      Yoseman its going to be me and my friends first tourny at wolf creek we r going to play in am but we wanna make shure we get to be in the same group. is that a possiblilty or is it just fate and luck.
                      It could be a mix of .... fate, luck or how much money ya got.
                      Which basketslapper are you?
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Basketslapper..

Welcome to the SOWS events and series, we have had a lot of great golfers come out of this series, with that said, we all played in a first tournament once and had a lot of stuff to pick up on with how tournament play is different from casual play or weekely's.

First make sure you ask plenty of questions while playing, if you have a rules question find a pro group and ask, do not be shy to come up to anyone before the tourney and bounce questions off of them, a lot of the time the only way to learn about the rules in this sport is to ask and pick up on them.

Secondly, the chances of you and your buddies playing in the same group will all be random. Every group is within your division but it is random, this helps prevent cheating and gets you involved with many good people within your division. You should find everyone in the SOWS to be extremely helpful and friendly.

Thanks and see you guys tomorrow

Scott Withers
                        Pdga 38464
                        2010-2011 SOWS Pro/Open Champion

Comment

really good time

thanks scott for all the advice. I went to wolf creek and had alot of fun. Everyone was very helpfull and i wasnt the only first timer. i came in thinking i was gonna get killed but i finished fourth. im gonna try and make all of themthis series and i appriciat it for taking the time to reply to my messege.

Comment

Are the points going to be posted here like last year?

Comment

Hypothetically speakin'............if an old man from the PDX area happened to be in the Grants Pass area the weekend of 1/7 and was able to get his tired OLD rear end out of the sack on a Saturday morning, would there be room in the AM division for him? Has there ever been a problem with the event filling?

Jusy speakin' hypothetically of course.

Bob

Comment

never full

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                                Hypothetically speakin'............if an old man from the PDX area happened to be in the Grants Pass area the weekend of 1/7 and was able to get his tired OLD rear end out of the sack on a Saturday morning, would there be room in the AM division for him? Has there ever been a problem with the event filling?

Jusy speakin' hypothetically of course.

Bob
                                If it gets full we pick the nicest golfers, so you are a shoe in bro!
                                Hippie-thetically speaking, we have NEVER turned away a golfer in 16 years!
                                This is true even with our field of 118 once. We have had 82, 93 and 93 so far this year and have been done before dark at each one.
                                I just did the math and this will be my 141st SOWS gig.
                                - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X