X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SOWS

Since i'm a newbeeeee can someone tell me what the points mean at the end of the season? If I'm in 10th place and behind by 10 points do i have to win the finals by ten strokes?
    Karma is only a bitch if you are.

point system

Originally posted by jjweather View Post
    Since i'm a newbeeeee can someone tell me what the points mean at the end of the season? If I'm in 10th place and behind by 10 points do i have to win the finals by ten strokes?
    jjweather,
    There are a total of 11 events for the series and it takes 5 to qualify.
    So, you end up keeping your best 5 of all the events you play which means you get to 'throw away' any over 5.
    Winning the finals by 10 strokes will only get you 100 points.
    All who qualify will receive awards/payouts.
    I hope this helps.
    Yose
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by jjweather View Post
      The number of strokes in a game do not equal the number of points. Points are tallied by placement.

EG.
      1st place = 100 points
      2nd = 99
      3rd = 98
      4th = 97

If there is a tie for a placement everyone who ties gets the same number of points. And the next placement starts where the placement count would have been if there was no tie.

EG.
      1st = 100
      2nd= 99
      2nd= 99
      2nd= 99
      5th= 96
      6th= 95
      6th= 95
      8th= 93

So, as you can see the number of strokes only comes into play for placement in the tournament and the placement determines the points.

I hope that helps.
      Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
      Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
      --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X