Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good catch!

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
    Jevon's question here is referring to my second round on Sunday. I took my beating, playing Cali for the first time ever, and didn't even whine about it. Still had a good time playing in the rain. This morning, though, I noticed I had a rating for that round. It was significantly higher than my morning singles round. Now I'm gonna whine a bit. I thought doubles rounds didn't count toward our ratings? I'm pretty easygoing and I didn't mind too much when a doubles team got put up against me, but if they don't have ratings for that round, I probably shouldn't either....
    Thanks for the heads up, it seems I forgot to put the word Cali in the box below your name. That is the trick that makes your rating NOT get pulled into the ratings file for that week.

Unfortunately, it may have a significant effect on the ratings for that round. I'll have to double check when I get home and create all of the docs for the next event. I will re-post any files that are changed.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Thanks, Jordan! See ya Sunday!

Comment

Confused...

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Question. If a team is playing with 7 and puts their 7th player in the 5th singles match, how is the other team able to put up a doubles team against said player? Whatever happened to the rule that you can defend dubs with Cali but you can't put a Cali player in if you are filling out the matchups first?

3.2.3 is the closest rule but doesn't completely address it.
        So this morning as we were heading out for the morning round I was confused as to why Putt This had to play two doubles matches when our set doubles match (Pink and Hagerty) played against Crist ( who played Cali). But this is where it got weird...Griplock played a doubles team against our fifth singles match and Tubbs was forced to play Cali against a doubles match (against two players).

In summary, Griplock had enough players to field our morning Doubles match, but only played one of their players. Then, they took this person A and paired them up for a second doubles round with partner B..so, partner B couldn't play a second doubles match as Cali, rather, player B would have matched up with our fifth singles match...

What's up? Did I miss a change of rules this year?

What happened? I thought I was tripping this morning...

Comment

I will examine your match sheet at the scoring meeting tonight, figure out what happened, and with Jordan's oversight, determine its legality, or lack thereof.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            I will examine your match sheet at the scoring meeting tonight, figure out what happened, and with Jordan's oversight, determine its legality, or lack thereof.
            Thanks, Gawain! Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              WHAT......Jevon asked the same question 8 post ago... me and Shawn were the only ones that didn't ignor him ....

Is there some kinda of conspiracy going on here against Vapor Trails
              Last edited by George A.; December 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                Question. If a team is playing with 7 and puts their 7th player in the 5th singles match, how is the other team able to put up a doubles team against said player? Whatever happened to the rule that you can defend dubs with Cali but you can't put a Cali player in if you are filling out the matchups first?

3.2.3 is the closest rule but doesn't completely address it.
                Damn good question. I hope you eventually get an answer.

Comment

The quotes below are quotes taken from Jordan's initial posts regarding this seasons change in format. It seems to me that they explicitly indicate when a second doubles match is allowed:
                  1. If both teams field 8 players
                  2. If one team fields 8 and one fields 7. Even then, it is up to the team that fields 8 if they want to play in a second doubles match.
                  Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  Team roster size will be going up to 8 players to help make it possible for more teams to field players at each event. You still only need 7 players to get the bonus point and if all 8 show up then the bonus singles becomes a bonus doubles match playing for the same match point.
                  Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  Then, if the teams both show up with 7 players, they can play each other for a bonus match point, but it will not be a forfeit if one side cannot field the 7th player. If both teams show up with 8 players the bonus singles match becomes a doubles match. If one team has 8 and the other team has 7 then the team with 8 can decide if they want to sit a player and play a bonus singles match or play dubs against the other team's cali player in a bonus dubs match.

Comment

So, sit a person out if you have 8, or give the other team an advantage.

What logic dictates a cali plzyer gets 4 throws a hole against dubs, while the other team gets 6 throws
                    per hole, regardless of rating?
                    If cali rated abouve real dubs, sure, but otherwise it is a sham.

Not an issue with our team this week, but thats onerule that has no logic behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                      The quotes below are quotes taken from Jordan's initial posts regarding this seasons change in format. It seems to me that they explicitly indicate when a second doubles match is allowed:
                      1. If both teams field 8 players
                      2. If one team fields 8 and one fields 7. Even then, it is up to the team that fields 8 if they want to play in a second doubles match.
                      Maybe I am getting soft in my dotage. The intent of the new roster size was to increase the number of players who can compete in every match. This has resulted in match up combinations that I did not anticipate with the rules this year. I have allowed more this year than ever before, but I was trying to increase the tdg goodness for everybody.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Would it be correct hen then, the team with 8 could decice Not to play against a cali 7th man player, then they win the match by Not agreei ng to a dubs match against a cali player?

Two 1000 rated plYers play against a 900 rated cali...
                        They get 6 throws per hole, 900 gets 4. No way that makes any sense.

Comment

Cali is definitely a disadvantage, but I play my best rounds when I play Cali, and I have to play smarter than two others. Isn't that the point? Don't we want to encourage dubs vs dubs instead of Cali vs Dubs.
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Would it be correct hen then, the team with 8 could decice Not to play against a cali 7th man player, then they win the match by Not agreei ng to a dubs match against a cali player?
                            The way I understand this scenario is that no one wins or loses that match, regardless of which side chose not to play it first. It is an optional, "bonus" match.

Two 1000 rated plYers play against a 900 rated cali...
                            They get 6 throws per hole, 900 gets 4. No way that makes any sense.
                            Well the 900 player is also getting spotted 10 shots. And are you suggesting
                            an alternative where the cali player gets 2 throws from every lie? Then that player would have a huge advantage. I do not believe that playing cali should be a reward, at least in the team disc setting where all of the rules are set up to try and encourage/reward teams to field more players not less.

Comment

Why eould a 900 level with 6 throws have an advajtage over 2 1000 rated plzyers over 2 1000 rzted players with the same amo7nt of throws, even wkth the handi ap.... which is Supp8sed to equal things out?

I cant follow the logic.

Sorry... still on tiny tablet.

Comment

Oh,
                                So if I refused to play twp players against the higher rated cali then there is no point at stake?
                                It would be great if the results of playing by the rules were clear.
                                Or teams didnt feel the need to win by not displaying sportsmanship....
                                LiKE when you know the other team is mak7ng and error, point it out rather than tak7ng a queztionable win rather thanbeing goodsports. ( sorry sat team that got screwed.)
                                Last edited by Wes Hansen; December 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X