X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
    This is just a veiled attempt to get their opponents (Putt This) drunk so they (Vapor Trails) will have an advantage.
    We won't fail for it!!!!
    Haha!! Nah, just trying to share some tasty treats, and since it's Milo, and that apple pie is gluten free, this weekend seemed perfect for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
      Huh......It appears that I was in the right ballpark regarding SSA to rating points per stroke. If my assertion on SSA was correct then my recommendation on ranting points per stroke would be correct (SSA 56 = RPPS 9). So, your argument regarding the weight of my argument just seems dismissive.

FYI: I still stick behind my SSA = 56, though this weekend's weather report is giving me pause. The course is significantly shorter and a few ares of prominent OB have been taken out of play.......though Shawn's Hot Apple Pie could bring those OB lines back into play!
      Yeah, I think in good weather it's probably 9rpps but with all the rain forecast it'll be back into the 8rpps range.
      Don't worry, we'll dominate anyway...

Comment

Huh......It appears that I was in the right ballpark regarding SSA to rating points per stroke. If my assertion on SSA was correct then my recommendation on ranting points per stroke would be correct (SSA 56 = RPPS 9). So, your argument regarding the weight of my argument just seems dismissive.

FYI: I still stick behind my SSA = 56, though this weekend's weather report is giving me pause. The course is significantly shorter and a few ares of prominent OB have been taken out of play.......though Shawn's Hot Apple Pie could bring those OB lines back into play!
        Don't think I didn't see you trying to slip in the 10 RP/S into your first missive...you not so slick!

Maybe there needs to be an SSA side bet or something...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Ill not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          Maybe there needs to be an SSA side bet or something...
          Would like to see how this one turns out.

And Hell Yes! to the apple pie. Damn fine way to make a rainy day that much better.

"Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

This is the forecast for the National Weather Service based on the location of Milo-

Sunday Rain. High near 51. South wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
              Sunday Rain. High near 51. South wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
              Translation: WINDY POURING RAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                Translation: WINDY POURING RAIN!
                SOUNDS LIKE TEAM DISC GOLF WEATHER TO ME!!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Ill not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  SOUNDS LIKE TEAM DISC GOLF WEATHER TO ME!!!!

It's about time

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                    Snap, Brother Pinkal. Snap.
                    Wait he is your brother? I knew it...she is both of your's mom!

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
                      Wait he is your brother? I knew it...she is both of your's mom!
                      Lund for the WIN!
                      Hot apple pie for the WIN!
                      Heavy wind and rain for the WIN!
                      I love team disc golf!

Comment

Lost blue esp nuke on 17 east bsf layout in bushes on left just short of basket
                        PDGA # 31451
                        2 Mini Aces
                        75 Aces
                        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                        DISC GOLF OR DIE
                        BOB CABAL
                        DISCVANGO
                        JEFF ELLIOT
                        G-MAN
                        JORDAN LEWIS
                        JEFF HAGERTY
                        JAMES GARCELON
                        SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

...The course is significantly shorter and a few ares of prominent OB have been taken out of play...
                          Please elaborate. I don't have the luxury of previewing the course. Would you please confirm these pin settings are correct?

First of all, this will be using the hole numbering from last year's BSF. (I heard a rumor that they are going to renumber the East side, so that the starting hole for the East is more gallery-friendly. Meaning last year's East 18 becomes next year's East 1.) But for now, I am using the "old" numbering (where East 1 tees off from behind the bathroom):

# -- length -- relative position

BSF1E: short = left (straighter, shorter shot)
                          BSF2E: short = left (at the top of the slope, shorter shot, not up on the plateau)
                          BSF3E: short = left (straight, behind the huge tree, no sharp turn to the right)
                          BSF4E: short = short (same shot, just one less big tree to get past)
                          BSF5E: short = right (straighter shot, no dog leg left at the end)
                          BSF6E: short = right (out in the field, not tucked left in big trees, about the same length?)
                          BSF7E: short = left (is that crazy pin no longer used, tucked left short?)
                          BSF8E: ony one pin I know of
                          BSF9E: is there a pin off to the right of the lone tree? is it shorter? (Genius)
                          BSF10E: short = left (not on bark nugget island in the parking lot)
                          BSF11E: ony one pin I know of
                          BSF12E: short? = left? I hear there is a new pin short of the island in the parking lot?
                          BSF13E: short = left
                          BSF14E: short = right pin (triple trunk), the only short pad in TDG, "1/4 mile"
                          BSF15E: short = left, short of the "nipple"?
                          BSF16E: short = left (the combined hole)
                          BSF17E: only one pin that I know of
                          BSF18E: only one pin that I know of

Is that about right? Does the BSF use all long pins? I would say not: when Val eagled the quarter-miler, the pin was in the triple-trunk (short). I do wonder what the difference in SSA will be. I suppose if the SSA is lower such that the RPS is off, that will benefit the lower-rated players and teams, since they will get more "help" than the course demands? So I looked up the team rating difference for Pizzel's match:

Putt This!: 7637
                          Vapor Trails: 7146
                          difference: 491

for comparison, I did my own match:
                          The Good, The Bad, & The Sassy: 7278
                          Green Bowl Packers: 7256
                          difference: 22

So I guess it boils down to: "will the current course play more than 1.32 shots easier than the BSF course?" Lower-rated teams are hoping so!

PS: I am in the camp of the RPS being set before the match. As fair as dynamic RPS might be (using the SSA that was shot that day to determine the RPS and therefore the handicaps AFTER the fact), I don't like that you can not strategize nearly as effectively, since you don't really know what anyone's handicap is going to be. While I live for the flight of the disc like any of us, I truly enjoy the strategy element of Team Disc Golf as well. In addition, knowing where you are in your match, and knowing how hard you must press, adds a thrill to each round for me.
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            Please elaborate. I don't have the luxury of previewing the course. Would you please confirm these pin settings are correct?

BSF1E: short = left (straighter, shorter shot). Correct
                            BSF2E: short = left (at the top of the slope, shorter shot, not up on the plateau). Correct
                            BSF3E: short = left (straight, behind the huge tree, no sharp turn to the right). Correct
                            BSF4E: short = short (same shot, just one less big tree to get past). Correct
                            BSF5E: short = right (straighter shot, no dog leg left at the end). Correct? Is in the more common placement used in tournys on slope next to big tree.
                            BSF6E: short = right (out in the field, not tucked left in big trees, about the same length?). No this one is in the little grove (left).
                            BSF7E: short = left (is that crazy pin no longer used, tucked left short?). No it is in the typical long placement.
                            BSF8E: ony one pin I know of. Correct.
                            BSF9E: is there a pin off to the right of the lone tree? is it shorter? (Genius). It is in the normal placement left of tree, not the mythical future longer placement.
                            BSF10E: short = left (not on bark nugget island in the parking lot). Correct (in the shortest of all 3 placements) Not BSF bark nugget island not the slighly raised green
                            BSF11E: ony one pin I know of. Correct
                            BSF12E: short? = left? I hear there is a new pin short of the island in the parking lot? correct and = the placement used last year during TDG
                            BSF13E: short = left. This one is behind big the fir tree with branches and needles all the way to the ground that is between basket and next tee.
                            BSF14E: short = right pin (triple trunk), the only short pad in TDG, "1/4 mile". Correct
                            BSF15E: short = left, short of the "nipple"? Correct
                            BSF16E: short = left (the combined hole) Correct the basket is out in the open
                            BSF17E: only one pin that I know of. Correct
                            BSF18E: only one pin that I know of. Correct
                            The above is as of yesterday.

Comment

Thanks, Lundy, I did not know anyone would even have the patience to READ my post, let alone RESPOND. Thanks again!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Repond

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X