X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Results for Week 8 Updated on Website.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      Saturday Results for Week 8 Updated on Website.
      Sunday should be good to go too.

Comment

Saturday Results, Ratings, and Standings, for Week 9 Updated on Website. Wk 10 match up forecast completed (Home and Visitor may deviate from website)
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353

Comment

Hey Lund, et al,
          THANKS for the great TDG site.
          It was wonderful to have that resource this year.
          Looked good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
            Hey Lund, et al,
            THANKS for the great TDG site.
            It was wonderful to have that resource this year.
            Looked good too.
            Couldn't agree more! With this information so accessible for everyone, it actually even helped as far as my team members being more informed as to what's going on and how other teams' players are shooting, etc.. Thanks for a great season.

Comment

Requesting roster change and ratings update

I'm formally requesting a ratings and roster update for week #9 @ milo as griplock has replaced a player.

I'm fairly sure that Darin Mccoy was not present to shoot a 944 rated round.

Could we get this updated bfeore the weekend?

thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                I'm formally requesting a ratings and roster update for week #9 @ milo as griplock has replaced a player.

I'm fairly sure that Darin Mccoy was not present to shoot a 944 rated round.

Could we get this updated bfeore the weekend?

thanks for your time.
                If you look on the yahoo group page you will see that due to injury Darin was replaced by Ryan Flattery who came in with a PDGA rating of 929, and after shooting his 944 round at Milo is rated 936.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDMZ View Post
                  If you look on the yahoo group page you will see that due to injury Darin was replaced by Ryan Flattery who came in with a PDGA rating of 929, and after shooting his 944 round at Milo is rated 936.
                  Confirmed!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Some questions:

*) It is too late to make any player replacements, correct?

*) Were those reportedly inaccurate season point totals double checked and updated?
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Some questions:

*) Were those reportedly inaccurate season point totals double checked and updated?
                      Saturdays Average points are based on Excel spreadsheet directly copied over. I stopped using the actual averaging function on the google docs spreadsheet to avoid slight inaccuracy due to rounding differences. Additionally on the adjusted round ratings for each AM/PM event are posted and not the actual rating B4 adjustment. To be certain of your rating check Yahoo Ratings and Roster #1. I think Lund did the same thing for Sundays.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353

Comment

To answer my own question #1:

*) Any replacement players brought in this "week" cannot play next "week," correct (since they could not possibly accrue the needed 4 OTDG rated rounds required to compete in the finals)?

To answer my own question #2, misunderstood:

I spoke with Jordan, he confirmed he found the problem, he will post the updated season point totals shortly.

Sorry for the thread poaching, I realize this has nothing to do with Lundy's awesome site, carry on.

Comment

Now I am confused.

So I will just answer Gawain's questions.
                          The rules about replacing players came from last year when we only had 7 players on each team. We also only had 1 weekend of finals where we played the semi-finals on Saturday and the finals on Sunday. This year that has been split into the last two weekends of the season. So the old rule really doesn't work very well for us this season on two counts.

The rule in question is 1.1.1.1. Each team can replace one player with a replacement player one time during the season but they must have at least 4 rated OTDG rounds to compete in the finals.

I have a couple of problems with this rule:
                          1) If your team wants to play 8 players both rounds every week you would have to bring your replacement player in no later than Week 7. This is where the symmetry of the 4 singles and 2 dubs works against us. To do this and not forfeit any dubs matches you need all of your dubs players in the morning to play singles in the afternoon. That keeps one player from accruing the necessary 4 singles rounds before the finals unless they play 1 round of singles each week from week 7, 8, 9 & Semis.

(My original intent with this rule was to keep unrated players (ringers) from playing in just the finals. So I thought that 4 rounds in the last two weeks would be enough to establish a decent rating to make the competition fair for everybody. But with our new format you are forced to sit someone else on your team to get your new player 4 rated rounds in the last two weeks.)

2) I also did not address the scenario where the replacement player is a current PDGA member with a rating. Like most things in OTDG we give breaks to those who are current PDGA members with ratings.

So to address these two issues I made a change to the rules as follows:
                          1.1.1.1. Each team can replace one player with a replacement player one time during the season.
                          1.1.1.2. If they have no rating then they compete their first week with a rating of 1000 and thereafter their rating is the average of their OTDG rated rounds. They must also have at least 4 rated OTDG rounds to compete in the finals.
                          1.1.1.3. If they are a current PDGA member with a rating then they come into the league with that rating and thereafter their rating is the average of their OTDG rated rounds and their PDGA rating. They must also have at least 2 rated OTDG rounds to compete in the finals.

I have double checked the season point totals and there was a discrepancy with the Week 8 scores. (I fixed them for week 8, but didn't realize that I had to fix week 8 again in the Week 9 tab.) I have since fixed the file and reposted it to the Yahoo group. The only errors were with the Sunday teams.

Comment

Understood, thanks!

Comment

when you say "finals" are you only refering to the actual last weekend of play or all of postseason?

I believe it would be balanced to state two rated regualr season matches before play in the postseason is allowed by a replacement player.

whatchu say boss?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                                when you say "finals" are you only refering to the actual last weekend of play or all of postseason?

I believe it would be balanced to state two rated regualr season matches before play in the postseason is allowed by a replacement player.

whatchu say boss?
                                Nope. Finals are only the last week, Semis are the week before. Finals = Finals week only.

That gives replacement players an extra event to get the needed rated rounds without causing hardship for the rest of the team (i.e. forcing team members to sit rounds to get the replacement player 2 singles rounds in one event).

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X