X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
    true. but I dont go to the driving range to practice my putting.
    a 350' shot is just as hard for me to do as much as anyone else. I just have to disc down. that right there makes things possibly harder for me. throwing long is no more an advantage as it is a disadvantage.

canyon in all longs is a great course. we dont goto milo and go to all shorts just because I'm playing and can make the disc go really far. there would be no logical reason to not play it in the longs.... and it aids in the scoring spread and adds fluctuation to the mass of scoring.

Gotta agree with this... Don't waste our time putting them in the short positions. All that does is create a duece or die situation...
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Gotta agree with this... Don't waste our time putting them in the short positions. All that does is create a duece or die situation...
      this handicapped system is no fun if everything is a easy birdie. you need some variance.
      every 890 player becomes a monster when against a 970 player for example. the strokes needed for victory become virtually impossible to gain. thus the deuce or die.

this is golf not roulette.

Comment

there would be no logical reason to not play it in the longs.... and it aids in the scoring spread and adds fluctuation to the mass of scoring.
        the same should be said with every course that we are playing this year. pier, dabney, and timber all fit in to this particular 'placement' of reason. (see what I did there?)

if every single one of these courses that we will play this year were championship grade courses (namely those stated above), then I would argue mixed lengths and positions would be feasible; being that they are not, why bother considering them and arguably sell your golfing experience short of what it could be?

short and technical... meh.

I'm simply here to play like I would on a traditional golf course. Its the intention and golfer's mindset that I am pursuing. I see no love or true golf in consecutive 200' gradient holes.
        Last edited by Stephen.Sines; October 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM. Reason: Pinkal's Mom or an empty bottle? eh...

Comment

Thats about all I have on that subject.

Comment

Thats about all I have on that subject.
            too bad all of your bluster amounts to a hill of beans...

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
            So where do we want the pins for team golf at Horning's.

Here is the current:

Hole 1 - Short
            Hole 5 - Short
            Hole 7 - Short
            Hole 11 - Short
            Hole 12 - Short
            Hole 15 - Short

Come up with what to play and we will get them there. Also got the coffee shop to be open both Sat and Sun.

Hippy007
            Hole 1 - Short
            Hole 5 - Long
            Hole 7 - Long
            Hole 11 - Short
            Hole 12 - Long
            Hole 15 - Short

Now I really don't want you to go out of your way to do extra work, but if you were in a mind to move some of those pins to a new position my first choice would be the ones above.

Thanks!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              too bad all of your bluster amounts to a hill of beans...

Hole 1 - Short
              Hole 5 - Long
              Hole 7 - Long
              Hole 11 - Short
              Hole 12 - Long
              Hole 15 - Short

Now I really don't want you to go out of your way to do extra work, but if you were in a mind to move some of those pins to a new position my first choice would be the ones above.

Thanks!

Will get them moved to that layout... I will try to do it this week

Hippy007

Comment

Hippy007
                I LIKE IT!!
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353
                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Week 2 files are on yahoo

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                  There seems to be a discrepancy between the Average ratings for Saturday teams Lund and I posted on the new website, and the Yahoo/Excel Match up sheets. If there is a difference, the ratings Jordan produced and put on the printed match sheets takes precedence over what Lund and I posted on the website. We will make sure the website gets closer with future updates. Again the website is simply a close average, not the definitive rating. For those Saturday teams who chose the website rating over the match sheet I have corrected the rating to reflect what was printed on the match sheet below.
                  There were a number of errors in the original week 1 score file. Those errors were fixed and it slightly changed the overall ratings. I then re-uploaded the changed files to the website prior to the weekend. Hopefully this week we will have no errors, but I am not holding my breath.

Please check your match and round scores for errors and let me know asap.

Comment

Hippy007
                    Thanks Andy!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDMZ View Post
                      Thanks Andy!
                      We love you hippyman

Comment

• Hey Jordan,
                        Can you explain how we should score the extra voluntary doubles match? Its been my understanding that this is an optional point and while it counts towards a teams total points it does not count towards the match win/loss.
                        Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanD View Post
                          Hey Jordan,
                          Can you explain how we should score the extra voluntary doubles match? Its been my understanding that this is an optional point and while it counts towards a teams total points it does not count towards the match win/loss.
                          Thank you!
                          First off, it is exactly like it was last year when it was only a singles match. This year it can be a singles match or a doubles match depending on how many players show up. The only optional part about this match point is if one team does not have the players to defend the point they do not forfeit the match point.

The first 4 singles matches (S1, S2, S3 & S4): if you cannot provide a player to play for each of those points you forfeit the point to your opponent that DOES have a player present to compete.

The first doubles match (D1): if you cannot provide at least one player to play for this point you forfeit the point to your opponent that DOES have two players present to compete.

The Bonus Match (D2 or S5): If both teams can provide at least 1 player they can, if the matching captain chooses, play for the bonus match point. If only one side can field players for this match, no point is forfeited.

This is done once in the morning rounds: the Visitor Team Captain marks down their players first and the Home Team is the matching captain.
                          Then it is done again in the afternoon rounds: the Home Team Captain marks down their players first and the Visitor Team is the matching captain.

And as always, since I started this format:
                          1. All match points are totaled and a Match Point for winning the most matches is awarded.

2. THEN a bonus point is awarded if 7 players played a singles match.

3. The total match points won by each team is compared to determine a Win-Loss-Tie outcome.

Each team keeps a running total of their match points as that is the first tie breaker to determine rank of teams with identical Win-Loss-Tie records.

So no, the extra single/doubles match is not a freebie to pad your season match point totals. It is available to play for, but it carries the risk of maybe causing you to lose the Match Point and possibly the Win.

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; October 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the edumacation, Jordan!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanD View Post
                              Thanks for the edumacation, Jordan!
                              Hopefully it clears up some of the questions. Thanks for asking the question Dan!

I am swamped at work, but I still hope to get out the revised rules soon.

Comment

• Horning's Canyon Course

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

Hole 1 - Short
                                Hole 5 - Long
                                Hole 7 - Long
                                Hole 11 - Short
                                Hole 12 - Long
                                Hole 15 - Short

Today me, Chris S and Mike G got this layout in the ground. It will be like this till after team golf then back to all short for a while.

Hippy007

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X