X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on! PM sent.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      That's a tricky one. It gets me too. It didn't change from last year, either, nor did the 7-man point (just now you can do it without all your players, since teams expanded from 7 to 8 players), as Jordan explained to me last night.

The simplest way I have heard it phrased is:

"You can't hide a player in doubles."

with the follow-up of:

"A player MUST play at least ONE singles round, or NONE of their rounds count."

Wes, sounds like that that would supersede what you quoted above, and it would mean that none of the rounds of the player that played only doubles would count.

Jordan, please correct me if I am wrong, this is not an official post, but I think I am pretty freshly informed on this.
      This is dead on. Any doubles matches that include a player who fails to play a singles round in the event is forfeited. This is a handicapped league, and if you do not play a rated singles match your handicap cannot change and you do not help to set the handicaps for all.

And as Wes has astutely pointed out, I have yet to update the rules for this year to incorporate the changes I have made. I shall endeavor to accomplish a rules revision prior to the start of the 2nd event.

There are few things in life I love more than quoting rules by number, so I gotta give Wes props for that. But I am going to rule against him on this due to the fact that this topic came up in this thread and was answered with the simple rule of: You can't hide a player in dubs.

I will make sure to re-write this section of the rules to be more clear on this point going forward.

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      PS: Of course, it also means that the rounds of any PARTNERS of a player who played only doubles would not count either.
      This confuses me. The dubs match is forfeited.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

You are all so silly.

Comment

PS: Of course, it also means that the rounds of any PARTNERS of a player who played only doubles would not count either.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          This confuses me. The dubs match is forfeited.

I should have said: The DOUBLES rounds of any PARTNERS of a player who played only doubles would not count either. And that is still wrong. It is a goofy way of saying: "If one partner's round is thrown out, so is the other's. That is because they are one and the same round." The more I type it, the more confusing it sounds. I was trying to type out something that should be implied.

Basically, I can't find an easy way to type out what should be obvious, so please disregard. Sorry about any confusion I may have created.

Jordan, thanks for confirming these two rules are true:

"You can't hide a player in doubles."

with the follow-up of:

"A player MUST play at least ONE singles round, or NONE of their rounds count."

As you can see this is a very costly mistake to make!
          Last edited by TreeLove; October 11th, 2012, 06:08 AM.

Comment

It won't happen again.

Comment

Sines needs to be drug screened. Must be PHDs ! 945 rating..right . Next time

Comment

Asking for a friend, what is the deal with the replacement player rule this year?
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                  Asking for a friend, what is the deal with the replacement player rule this year?
                  every team can make 1 per season just like last year.

Comment

Jordan,

On the schedule there are start times of 9am, 8:30am, and 8am.
                    Is that the tee time or set line-ups time? I don't want to get there too early. (ha!)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                      Jordan,

On the schedule there are start times of 9am, 8:30am, and 8am.
                      Is that the tee time or set line-ups time? I don't want to get there too early. (ha!)

Thanks.
                      Yeah... it looks like I screwed it up again. When only 1 time is on the schedule it will always be the tee off time. And I forgot that I was going to go with only 2 different start times this year...

So after a little editing of the first post, per Treelove, it should all become clear.

Comment

Reminder to players:

CSL (Captain Set Lineup) is 30 minutes prior to tee time. This means both captains must have the match sheets filled out and turned in to the TD by that time. Assuming captains need all their players present to fill out their match sheets, this means ALL players need to be there BEFORE the CSL time. This means MORE than 30 minutes prior to tee time. Help your TD help you to finish in daylight (and to have a decent lunch break): show up more than 30 minutes prior to tee time.

Comment

Say you play two doubles matches in the morning, I.e. one (bonus) doubles match. Would that mean all four doubles players need to play singles in the afternoon or the bonus point would not count? Also, do the bonus matches count toward the match point or just the season total?
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                            Say you play two doubles matches in the morning, I.e. one (bonus) doubles match. Would that mean all four doubles players need to play singles in the afternoon or the bonus point would not count? Also, do the bonus matches count toward the match point or just the season total?

if a player plays doubles in the morning they have to play singles in the afternoon
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Ahhhhh!!!! Look at the weather. We must be heading to Bonneville (this message brought to you by the makers of gore-tex.)

Comment

Cold and WET!

Welcome to WINTER golf. I just checked weather underground and we're looking at high temp. approx. 41 degrees and 80% chance of rain. Possiblity of SNOW sunday night. Here we go!!!!
                                Originally posted by hydro5330 View Post
                                Ahhhhh!!!! Look at the weather. We must be heading to Bonneville (this message brought to you by the makers of gore-tex.)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X