X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: The 2012-13 season of TDG

Only three months until the beginning of next season, can't wait! 8) 8) 8)

I keep hearing about significant changes in TDG next year.
    Team size, matches that count...
    Anyone that is the commissioner care to put a little truth into all the rumors?
    Mr. Lewis?
    It would help Captains make plans for the upcoming season.
    The Discrupters are ready to make another step toward the Championship this season.
    It's the middle of DG season Jordan, and 85 degrees... why aren't you thinking about our Winter yet?

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
      Only three months until the beginning of next season, can't wait! 8) 8) 8)
      3 months? Guess I better start my baggin' now!

Bob

Comment

What would it take for a C. Oregon team to partake? Any chance you guys would be willing to come over for 32 degrees and six inches of snow? Just a thought... Jealous of what you have over there

Comment

TENTATIVE 2012-13 SCHEDULE
          Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 6th/7th: TBD – 9a
          Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 20th/21st: TBD – 9a
          Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 3rd/4th: TBD – 8x
          Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 17th/18th: TBD – 8x
          Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 1st/2nd: TBD – 8a
          Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 8th/9th: TBD – 8a
          Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 29th/30th: TBD – 8x
          Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 12th/13th: TBD – 8x
          Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 26th/27th: TBD – 9a
          Playoffs - Saturday/Sunday February 9th/10th: TBD – 9a
          Championships - Sunday February 24th: McIver State Park – 9a

To alleviate the long weekend at Milo for the Championships I have decided to forgo the Prelims this year and split the playoff into two events. The first week of the playoffs will be like a normal week where the Saturday and Sunday teams battle it out division vs division each on their separate days before all meeting on the final Sunday for the deciding matches.
          This also provides the bonus of giving us 1 more early season match before we lose daylight savings.

Team roster size will be going up to 8 players to help make it possible for more teams to field players at each event. You still only need 7 players to get the bonus point and if all 8 show up then the bonus singles becomes a bonus doubles match playing for the same match point.

Cost. This year for the first time there will be a cost to play OR Team Disc Golf. We need to buy the paper and get new clipboards etc. But we should be able to get it all done for either 10 or 16 dollars per team. There will be a flyer to fill out as soon as I get off my butt and make it to sign up for a team. Captains from previous years get right of first refusal on returning for the new year.

As far as adding Central Oregon, we do need 10 courses to play this year and we start in early October. But what 18 hole course with cement tee pads do you propose to play? The Central Oregon team would have to commit to playing all the rest of the events and that could be some serious winter driving.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Will the seventh match point now always count? Or will teams still be able to shield themselves from losing the point by not playing the seventh point match? (i.e. one team still fields only 6 players against 8. Is the 7th point a forfeit for teams that don't field at least seven now that teams are even larger?)
            My independent poll shows players that show like the idea of every match counting.

Comment

Tentative dates are on the weekends I don't have parental duties this could finally be a year when I am available to play.

As for a Central Oregon course, what about Sisters?
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Cost. This year for the first time there will be a cost to play OR Team Disc Golf. We need to buy the paper and get new clipboards etc. But we should be able to get it all done for either 10 or 16 dollars per team.
                On behalf of team Discrupters, I am buying the paper. Let me know how much/where/when....................

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  I am buying the paper. Let me know how much/where/when....................
                  About 200 rolls should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    Will the seventh match point now always count? Or will teams still be able to shield themselves from losing the point by not playing the seventh point match? (i.e. one team still fields only 6 players against 8. Is the 7th point a forfeit for teams that don't field at least seven now that teams are even larger?)
                    My independent poll shows players that show like the idea of every match counting.
                    Mostly the rules will stay the same. The match points that you forfeit by not fielding players are the 4 singles and the 1 doubles match. I am hoping that with an 8 player roster that every team can field at least 5 players every week.
                    Then, if the teams both show up with 7 players, they can play each other for a bonus match point, but it will not be a forfeit if one side cannot field the 7th player. If both teams show up with 8 players the bonus singles match becomes a doubles match. If one team has 8 and the other team has 7 then the team with 8 can decide if they want to sit a player and play a bonus singles match or play dubs against the other team's cali player in a bonus dubs match.
                    Like last year, after all of the match points have been played for and a match winner has been decided, the 7 player bonus point is awarded to any team that played at least 7 players in a singles match.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      On behalf of team Discrupters, I am buying the paper. Let me know how much/where/when....................

Bob
                      Vapor Trails will get the clip boards ... Is it October yet????

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                        Vapor Trails will get the clip boards ... Is it October yet????
                        Smart move. Josh found new clipboards online for $1 each plus shipping. We need 40 for the new season.

But with Gorman no longer giving us the hook up on the paper, the best deal I could find was direct from the manufacturer at $30 for 200 sheets plus shipping. For some reason I couldn't find the deal to buy a full ream directly from the manufacturer. We need at least 500 sheets for the new season.

Comment

7 players is plenty! If teams cant show up, boot em! I want 7 possible points per round if there are going to be 8 players! No one should have to sit out ever! Dont gimme that crap about, you can still play. We shouldnt be punished further because of other tams attendance issues! My team shows up every time fully staffed and ready to play for points. If you need 8 people to field 5 or 4 or 6 maybe dont sign up your team at all!

Comment

yay tdg
                            Last edited by NWDiscer; August 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM. Reason: cause i can
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Any updates on the tentative schedule as far as the official start date? I'm trying to arrange my schedule around tdg, but don't want to double book any tdg weekends. Thanks

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X