The 2012-13 season of TDG Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    TENTATIVE 2012-13 SCHEDULE
    Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 6th/7th: TBD – 9a
    Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 20th/21st: TBD – 9a
    Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 3rd/4th: TBD – 8x
    Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 17th/18th: TBD – 8x
    Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 1st/2nd: TBD – 8a
    Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 8th/9th: TBD – 8a
    Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 29th/30th: TBD – 8x
    Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 12th/13th: TBD – 8x
    Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday January 26th/27th: TBD – 9a
    Playoffs - Saturday/Sunday February 9th/10th: TBD – 9a
    Championships - Sunday February 24th: McIver State Park – 9a

    To alleviate the long weekend at Milo for the Championships I have decided to forgo the Prelims this year and split the playoff into two events. The first week of the playoffs will be like a normal week where the Saturday and Sunday teams battle it out division vs division each on their separate days before all meeting on the final Sunday for the deciding matches.
    This also provides the bonus of giving us 1 more early season match before we lose daylight savings.

    Team roster size will be going up to 8 players to help make it possible for more teams to field players at each event. You still only need 7 players to get the bonus point and if all 8 show up then the bonus singles becomes a bonus doubles match playing for the same match point.

    Cost. This year for the first time there will be a cost to play OR Team Disc Golf. We need to buy the paper and get new clipboards etc. But we should be able to get it all done for either 10 or 16 dollars per team. There will be a flyer to fill out as soon as I get off my butt and make it to sign up for a team. Captains from previous years get right of first refusal on returning for the new year.

    As far as adding Central Oregon, we do need 10 courses to play this year and we start in early October. But what 18 hole course with cement tee pads do you propose to play? The Central Oregon team would have to commit to playing all the rest of the events and that could be some serious winter driving.

    post #5...
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

    :cheers:

    :cool:sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
      post #5...
      Thank you Scott. I weep for our future...

      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
        7 players is plenty!
        Thanks for voting, but this is not an election. Jordan has spoken. The rule change has already been made. The time to debate it has past. Now you need to find your 8th player!

        PS: The rule changes for this year will actually result in LESS people having to sit out rounds, not MORE.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Perfect timing to state that I am available to play this year and would love to find a team.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            PS: The rule changes for this year will actually result in LESS people having to sit out rounds, not MORE.
            Care to elaborate on your logic here Gawain? Just curious...

            Comment


            • #21
              I saw that post already, but Sausage fingers post says Tentative schedule. All I was asking is if October 6th/7th is the definitive start weekend for team golf. There has not been an update to the schedule posted since the tentative schedule was posted, and I have to make arrangements for some of the team golf weekends.

              Comment


              • #22
                The Discrupters are auditioning potential players for our 8th man spot.
                Interested players should PM me. We have received several applications and interested parties only have until 1:47pm September 10th to apply. The 8th man will be chosen and notified September 11.
                Qualifications for The Discrupters are fairly stringent.
                You must be able to show up and have your own discs.
                Applying is free, being a Discrupter, priceless.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by discgolfAK View Post
                  I saw that post already, but Sausage fingers post says Tentative schedule. All I was asking is if October 6th/7th is the definitive start weekend for team golf. There has not been an update to the schedule posted since the tentative schedule was posted, and I have to make arrangements for some of the team golf weekends.
                  Sorry it has been so long to get the clearance needed (or not in this case) to try and start the OTDG season on Sunday October 7th at Milo McIver State Park. But after going through the official channels and being denied the use of the two BSF layouts without paying money to reserve all of the shelter areas I have had to make a change to the schedule.

                  ****OFFICIAL NOTICE****
                  WEEK ONE
                  Saturday Team Disc Golf will start on Sunday October 7th at North Bonneville - 8x CSL 9a tee.
                  Sunday Team Disc Golf will start on Sunday October 7th at Sorosis - 8x CSL 9a tee.

                  WEEK TWO
                  Saturday Team Disc Golf will start on Saturday October 20th at Sorosis - 8x CSL 9a tee.
                  Sunday Team Disc Golf will start on Sunday October 21st at North Bonneville - 8x CSL 9a tee.
                  ****OFFICIAL NOTICE****

                  As soon as I get some time and can pick myself up out of my depression I will be posting the main real thread with what courses we will be playing this year.

                  Last edited by Sausage Fingers; September 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM. Reason: Things Change
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Jordan,
                    This was the un-un-official TDG thread. I just used it so as not to interrupt the un or semi-official threads. I believe more people were tuning in to your posts in the other threads.
                    Or, you have now made this the new temporary-official thread by posting official information here.
                    I hope you cleared this thread change with Gawain!
                    Perhaps this site could give you your own locked thread here- for official OTDG Commissioner type postings- without the annoyance of outside chatter (such as this).
                    I'm looking forward to the match threads. I feel The Discrupters have a very good chance of leading the way in smack talking posts.

                    Breathe deep Mr. Jordan. Your efforts as our leader are appreciated.
                    Whenever and wherever you decide we will play, we will play- happily.
                    Thanks for all the work you do- even before we play a match!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      Jordan,
                      This was the un-un-official TDG thread. I just used it so as not to interrupt the un or semi-official threads. I believe more people were tuning in to your posts in the other threads.
                      Or, you have now made this the new temporary-official thread by posting official information here.
                      I hope you cleared this thread change with Gawain!
                      Perhaps this site could give you your own locked thread here- for official OTDG Commissioner type postings- without the annoyance of outside chatter (such as this).
                      I'm looking forward to the match threads. I feel The Discrupters have a very good chance of leading the way in smack talking posts.

                      Breathe deep Mr. Jordan. Your efforts as our leader are appreciated.
                      Whenever and wherever you decide we will play, we will play- happily.
                      Thanks for all the work you do- even before we play a match!
                      It is only because this thread IS the un-official thread that I felt free to express my disappointment regarding how rocky the start of TDG is going this year. I think that this Official vs Un-Official debate will go by the wayside as soon I can get off my butt and produce an Official post for this year.

                      While we are on the un-official thread if anybody has any ideas about courses they'd like to see us play this year, this would be a good place to post them. So far I am thinking about using Sorosis, North Bonne, Dabney, Pier, Hornings, Trojan, Timber and Milo. Since that is only eight courses, we will probably be playing one of these courses twice.

                      (You will notice that I removed Adair from our schedule due to the whiny little bitches down there and the shitstorm they brewed up when we came down there. I hear real good things about the changes being made at that course and it is sad to not go there when they are finally pouring cement pads but it just isn't worth the headache. Hopefully the WLBs will be happy, but I am sure that they will find something else to complain about since that is their nature.)

                      I will try to get out of my funk enough to get this thing going as soon as I can.

                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        While we are on the un-official thread if anybody has any ideas about courses they'd like to see us play this year, this would be a good place to post them. So far I am thinking about using Sorosis, North Bonne, Dabney, Pier, Hornings, Trojan, Timber and Milo. Since that is only eight courses, we will probably be playing one of these courses twice.

                        (You will notice that I removed Adair from our schedule due to the whiny little bitches down there and the shitstorm they brewed up when we came down there. I hear real good things about the changes being made at that course and it is sad to not go there when they are finally pouring cement pads but it just isn't worth the headache. Hopefully the WLBs will be happy, but I am sure that they will find something else to complain about since that is their nature.
                        Your course list looks good. I vote to play Timber or Milo twice.

                        Too bad about Adair. I'm finally warming up to that course. What were their complaints? Littering? Something else?
                        (No need to answer that actually. If it's not worth it, it's not worth it.)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                          Your course list looks good. I vote to play Timber or Milo twice.
                          I am leaning toward playing Pier twice if we can get to play the two different layouts...

                          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The only caution about Pier is PP&R is sensitive to the enviromental impact disc golf has on the park during the winter months. It might be good to only hit that course once during the season. They've spoken before about closing it down entirely during winter months - I'd hate to be one of the reasons they use to do this.

                            Jordan- as far as I can tell, not that I pay much attention, but OTDG seems to be going as smooth as ever this year. Great job!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              I am leaning toward playing Pier twice if we can get to play the two different layouts...

                              I can't believe I"M saying this but..........I really wouldn't mind seeing Blue Lake thrown into the mix. When I played it last weekend the flow was really good and I think we played it in less than 3 hours. If we get an early start and EVERYBODY gets their $hite together I think we can git-er-dun. I'd REALLY like to see what happens in Doubles out there. Just a thought!

                              Beyond the above statement............Jordan...........dammit we all appreciate what you do/have done for OTDG. Never be shy and not ask for assistance if you want/need it. Quaffer on me!

                              Bob

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                                I can't believe I"M saying this but..........I really wouldn't mind seeing Blue Lake thrown into the mix. When I played it last weekend the flow was really good and I think we played it in less than 3 hours. If we get an early start and EVERYBODY gets their $hite together I think we can git-er-dun. I'd REALLY like to see what happens in Doubles out there. Just a thought!

                                Beyond the above statement............Jordan...........dammit we all appreciate what you do/have done for OTDG. Never be shy and not ask for assistance if you want/need it. Quaffer on me!

                                Bob
                                I agree! If it is an early date, we could pull it off!
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X