X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Disc Golf: Preliminary Week 7 Results

Damn what a sweet day of disc golf THAT was!
    We missed all of the rain and the weather wasn't too bad for February.

Trojan Park 2/8/09
    Rockwood Roughnecks 8.5 v Green Bowl Packers 4.5
    Dark Horse 4 v Westside Slingers 9
    Drunk & Disorderly 3 v Vapor Trail 6
    Big Winds 11 v Asshole Casserole 1
    Putt This! 5 v Good Bad & Sassy 5

EAST STANDINGS
    1. Rockwood Roughnecks Camo Mike Neimi 53.5
    2. Dark Horse Jeff Mittl 47
    3. Putt This! Jeff Hemmerling 41.5
    4. Drunk & Disorderly Celeste Scandiffio 38
    5. Vapor Trail George Adams 32.5

WEST STANDINGS
    1. Big Winds Victor Cervantes 46
    2. Westside Slingers Jason McGrew 43
    3. Green Bowl Packers Tom Rybloom 42
    4. Good Bad & Sassy Jordan Lewis 41.5
    5. Asshole Casserole Kyle Art 28

Championships - Sunday February 22nd: Riverbend @ Milo McIver State Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
    1. Rockwood Roughnecks Vs Big Winds
    2. Dark Horse Vs Westside Slingers
    3. Putt This! Vs Green Bowl Packers
    4. Drunk & Disorderly Vs Good Bad & Sassy
    5. Vapor Trail Vs Asshole Casserole

Thanks everybody for playing this year and I'll see you out at Milo for the Championships!
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Is it possible to just give Vapor trails the victory. That way they do not have to drive to Milo just to find out a bunch of a-holes did not sow up.

Comment

Big winds in the finals!!!!

Hey big winds helped end the three peat!!! Well it will be a good championship, last time we played it came down to the strokes. Plan on it being windy we will bring the wind to Milo. Told you not to count the winds out.

Comment

Good times yesterday! Way to go, Vapor Trails, for kicking ass in the afternoon!!

Hey - we get to play Good, Bad, and Sassy now!

Comment

Yay! Awesome! One team can't bother to show up in any numbers and Big Winds gets to go to the Championships! YAY!

I hope that next year, teams that have shown poor representation at this year's events - and I can only think of one team that consistently failed to represent - are turned away. Nothing personal... just sucks that the season was determined by one team's delinquence.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Is it possible to just give Vapor trails the victory. That way they do not have to drive to Milo just to find out a bunch of a-holes did not sow up.
            SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!
            At least come out and play...it is Milo after all.

Congrats to Big Winds!

----------------------------------------------------------------
            06-07 team golf champs
            07-08 team golf champs
            08-09 5th or 6th place

Comment

Exactly what we were thinking

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Yay! Awesome! One team can't bother to show up in any numbers and Big Winds gets to go to the Championships! YAY!

I hope that next year, teams that have shown poor representation at this year's events - and I can only think of one team that consistently failed to represent - are turned away. Nothing personal... just sucks that the season was determined by one team's delinquence.
              Thank you Sam. Those words sum up my team's thoughts on this matter perfectly. We did nearly everything we could to win the division--seemingly for nothing.

Ok, I'm done whining. I'm super proud of how my team swept the second round. You guys kick ass and deserve to be playing for 1st in the finals in my book. Well done. .

Thanks again to Jordan for putting on the best reason to play disc golf in the cold for another awesome season. We owe you big time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

This coming from the guy who couldn't bother to get out of bed and show up before noon.

Comment

Jevon
                  Your missing the point. He showed up!

THIS GBP feels the same as to what Sam stated. And probably everyone else on my team will agree with that as well. If you don't show up to play you don't deserve to play the following year.

How many times did AC have 7 players...6 players... ok how about 5 players? Then after morning round how many AC were there still to play 4...NO. How about 3..NO probably just 2 will stay
                  That is not TEAM GOLF.

Comment

I will agree with the statement that our team does not deserve a spot for next year, due to our attendance this season. I was more referring to his point of rolling out a red carpet for BW to roll into the finals. This is a SEASON, not a one day tourney...

The only weeks we did not represent well were Milo, Timber, and Trojan.

Comment

Yes, but how many matches did you not show up for in any numbers? You were all there against us and beat us. You had a poor showing versus at least two of the three teams that beat us - one at Milo where the excuses were plentiful and one yesterday where I have seen no excuses, just a vacuum where a team was supposed to have been.

So, yeah... your team's CONSISTENT lack of attendance hurt our team and other teams. Had it been a one day tourney, your team's poor attendance probably would not have affected us at all.

As for my attendance, our team got the seven member bonus point yesterday. Did you guys get the seven member bonus ever this season? Oh wait... you did against us, I believe. Just awesome.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

We lost to GBP by 8, and BW by 10. WSS won by 5. YOU guys BEAT us by 3, VT beat us by 3. Where are these big numbers you speak of? How many times did you get the 7th man point?

I didn't realize that you were the excuses police. We had people out of town in a National competition. They thought that was more important than disc golf. I hereby remove the Assholes from consideration for next years team selection.

Comment

kudos to you Jevon for showing up when you know your team has no shot, mostly because of lack of numbers. It happened on my team last year too.
                          This year I cared more about team attendance than the wins. Our whole team I think felt that way and we had a warm fuzzy team feeling all season.
                          It does suck that final standings came down to attendance, but that's part of the TEAM challenge. I think you're talking ish to the wrong guy though (the one who showed up).

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                            kudos to you Jevon for showing up when you know your team has no shot, mostly because of lack of numbers. It happened on my team last year too.
                            This year I cared more about team attendance than the wins. Our whole team I think felt that way and we had a warm fuzzy team feeling all season.
                            It does suck that final standings came down to attendance, but that's part of the TEAM challenge. I think you're talking ish to the wrong guy though (the one who showed up).
                            Yep, Yep, I was in the same boat as Celeste last year. Maybe more so! Anyway it was soooooooooooooo cool to be wiith D&D this year. We may not of won as many matches as we would have liked but I can guarandamnteeya we had one hell of a time losing.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                              We lost to GBP by 8, and BW by 10. WSS won by 5. YOU guys BEAT us by 3, VT beat us by 3. Where are these big numbers you speak of?
                              We beat you by 3 and you lost to GBP by 8. That is 11. We beat you by 3 and you lost to BW by 10. That is 13. Either of these numbers do for that big number I was speaking of. Had you guys shown up and actually played against either of those teams, we would be playing for the championship, I believe.

How many times did you get the 7th man point?
                              I think every time but the time we played you, actually. That means we had 6 for 1 event and 7 for 6 events. I believe that that is how it should be for ALL teams.

I didn't realize that you were the excuses police. We had people out of town in a National competition. They thought that was more important than disc golf.
                              Yeah... the only issue I have with that is that all of the teams knew the schedule beforehand and if it was clear you guys were going to have so many conflicts, you should not have taken a spot from a different team that might have actually showed up.

I hereby remove the Assholes from consideration for next years team selection.
                              Well... you don't have to be THAT way about it... but thank you. I, for one, appreciate you recognizing that your team did a poor job of showing up - regardless of the excuse.

Hopefully next years' finals will not be determined by a team not showing up so many times and the best team will win - not just the team that got the benefit of playing a team that didn't show up.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X