Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    Oh Sam. Will you be my valentine?
    You betcha! Don't tell Jamie. Where are you taking me?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Not so fast Bob. The match to watch will be for 5/6th place, Putt This! vs. Green Bowl Packers. We didn't get to play them during the regular season and T-Ry and myself schemed for a chance at each other during the playoffs. Honestly we were hoping it would be for the championship but that didn't work out did it
      Great Hemmerling way to give up the BIG SECRET that the GBP threw the last two matches between the BW and RR so we can play for 5th and 6th . Now your going down ...this was only going to be a fun round on Feb 22nd...NOW THIS IS WAR DR.!

The 5th and 6th place up for grabs! THE MATCH TO WATCH

Dr. Hemmerling have we ever played against each other? May have to talk with my captain on this .

Last edited by Kevin Madrid; February 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        You betcha! Don't tell Jamie. Where are you taking me?
        7-11. You can pick out any flavor Slurpee you want.

Comment

I think after the first week, when it became apparent what a time commitment Team Golf was going to be, our team realized attendance was going to be an issue. (I played team golf several years ago, and I was always done by 1 or 2 at the latest--I guess I didn't realize how much longer it would take with the newer format.)

I'm definitely sorry if our lack of attendance had any impact on the final standings. I know I had fun at every Team Golf day I managed to attend. (Except maybe that downpour at Dabney. That really sucked.)

I'm sure Jevon will have no problem finding a new team to play with next year, that is able to attend more consistently.

Cheers to all, especially Jordan, for helping make this a fun pastime.

Kyle - aka, Asshole Casserole Captain.

p.s. - Can't we all just agree that Jevon sucks and leave it at that?

p.p.s. - Here's a thought, Sam. How about, just once, you exercise your right to NOT belly-ache about issues in the past that can't be changed? I think that would be a truly refreshing change.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            p.p.s. - Here's a thought, Sam. How about, just once, you exercise your right to NOT belly-ache about issues in the past that can't be changed? I think that would be a truly refreshing change.
            Originally posted by Sam
            I merely pointed out a disappointment from this year that I hope can be avoided in years to come. That is all
            ESL much? Reading comprehension problem? Perhaps you meant this for someone else? I see my belly-aching being about something that CAN change, Kyle.

Let me see if I can be more clear:

Hopefully, a change will result from my (and others') "belly-aching" and teams like yours who cannot follow through on their commitment to the league will not be allowed to join.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              ESL much? Reading comprehension problem? Perhaps you meant this for someone else? I see my belly-aching being about something that CAN change, Kyle.
              C'mon Sam. You're a smart guy. You know he meant "can't be changed for this year". Quit being difficult.

Comment

I am not being difficult. I am stating that my belly-aching has a purpose. I didn't say anything about changing anything this year. One must be obtuse to think that I was belly-aching about something that cannot be changed unless one takes the words "years to come" somehow to mean this year.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Track-meet style scoring would have solved/prevented all of these issues with A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                    Track-meet style scoring would have solved/prevented all of these issues with A.C.
                    I would love to see TDG go to this style of scoring next year.

Comment

I like this idea, too.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                        Yeah, but I can't run fast! Heck, I can't even run! Back to being water boy bench warmer. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                          I would love to see TDG go to this style of scoring next year.
                          As soon as someone tells me how the 'track style' scoring works in a head-to-head matchup, we'll have something to talk about. And it better have a way to handicap for the full range of disc golf skills because I have no interest in running an event for only the top tier of disc golfers. How can a team with a total rating of 5,555 (793 ave) compete against a team with a total rating of 6,600 (943 ave)? This is the kind of range that we had in TDG this year.

THAT said, I am, and always will, be open to new ideas. So show me how this system works and we can change it for next year.

I did think that the handicaps worked better this year than last year. Anybody have some ideas about that?
                          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

wa wa wa

Yea to bad that asshole casserole did it to every team they played except for one. So in my book then everyone had the same chance that we did we just took the time to take advantage of the situation. But it will be a good day of golf at milo and may the best team win!

Comment

Originally posted by hansell69 View Post
                              Yea to bad that asshole casserole did it to every team they played except for one. So in my book then everyone had the same chance that we did we just took the time to take advantage of the situation. But it will be a good day of golf at milo and may the best team win!
                              Jesus Christ. It sounds like we never showed up at all.

We had four players there this last week at Trojan. There were two weeks where we got the 7 point bonus. So, no, Asshole Casserole did not do "it to every team they played except for one."
                              Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                                As soon as someone tells me how the 'track style' scoring works in a head-to-head matchup, we'll have something to talk about. And it better have a way to handicap for the full range of disc golf skills because I have no interest in running an event for only the top tier of disc golfers. How can a team with a total rating of 5,555 (793 ave) compete against a team with a total rating of 6,600 (943 ave)? This is the kind of range that we had in TDG this year.

THAT said, I am, and always will, be open to new ideas. So show me how this system works and we can change it for next year.

I did think that the handicaps worked better this year than last year. Anybody have some ideas about that?
                                I will happy to share my scheme. It may have to wait until the next TDG match as I behind on homework. I will say that handicapping will not be affected, but the head to head aspect of TDG should go as it is the root of the attendance issue......I think....but there may be away to keep an aspect of this.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X