X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Winds / Big Wins

Let's not drag our victory through the mud TOO much, please. Thanks.

So, we took a lot of points from AC, but remember: there were 6 points that AC could have taken from us had they won the match-ups. They didn't. They took 1 point. We got the other 5. Oh yeah, plus our "free" points. But hey, who's counting? ... Didn't we win some other rounds too? That's right. To GBP I believe (8/3) as well as to a couple others during the season. Oh yeah, and we'll bring it for the last-dance at Milo.

It's been fun everyone. Looking forward to many more years worth of Team Disc! Thanks for everything everyone, especially Jordan.

Ciao for now,
    Karlito

Comment

Hi everyone:

I wish that this hadn't ended this way. I enjoyed Team Golf and liked very much the rounds I played with some of you. My sincere apologies to everyone who feels as though our team ruined their chance to play in the finals (however attenuated that chance may have been).

See you at Milo,

Erik
      Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

It's always about YOU, isn't it Sam? Maybe if YOU would have played better YOU could use that argument. As it stands, if we could have won 4 more points from BW it would be WSS in the finals, not YOU. If YOU would have done better all season long, YOU wouldn't have to rely on other teams to get YOU in the finals...

Comment

Jevon, your teams' lack of attendance wasn't the whole shebang, no... but are you seriously sitting here and trying to say that your teams' attendance DIDN'T affect the outcome or negatively impact our team and others?

And... about me? Pretty cheap, Jevon. I think I have made it pretty clear that this is about you guys and not about me. Yes, it might have been WSS or it might have been GBP or it might have still been Big Winds... but the truth of the matter is that we will never know for sure, now, will we?

Honestly, had it been me and my team that did this, I would be abashed and apologetic and not try to make more excuses or deflect from the issue being discussed.

I don't mean to be a dick about this Jevon, and I apologize if I am coming across as one. It should be clear that while I am - per usual - the most vocal about this subject, I am clearly not alone in stating that this bothered me as members from each of the teams affected by this have stated their angst, as well.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Team AC pretty much ruined my life.

See you all at the championships!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
              Team AC pretty much ruined my life.

See you all at the championships!!
              Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Jevon, your teams' lack of attendance wasn't the whole shebang, no... but are you seriously sitting here and trying to say that your teams' attendance DIDN'T affect the outcome or negatively impact our team and others?
                I don't believe it was the attendance as much as the lack of winning points. We didn't win the points we could have won. True we didn't give ourselves good odds but still....

And... about me? Pretty cheap, Jevon. I think I have made it pretty clear that this is about you guys and not about me.
                Umm yeah, except for when you were using us and you and how our points affected you throughout the season as an argument. And how we kept you out of the finals by our play. "You were all there against us and beat us. You had a poor showing versus at least two of the three teams that beat us"

Honestly, had it been me and my team that did this, I would be abashed and apologetic and not try to make more excuses or deflect from the issue being discussed.
                Sure you would Sam... What excuses did I make today? Ummm, none. How did I deflect when I said my team would not be back next year?

I don't mean to be a dick about this Jevon, and I apologize if I am coming across as one. It should be clear that while I am - per usual - the most vocal about this subject, I am clearly not alone in stating that this bothered me as members from each of the teams affected by this have stated their angst, as well.
                I'm sure many people were pissed, as I'm sure I would have been too if I was in a different position. Just remember, if you would have gotten just one more point each week, yesterdays match wouldn't have affected you now would it.

To the entire field of Team Disc Golf,

I apologize for the attendance record of Asshole Casserole for this past season. I am sorry if you feel it impacted your team in any way.

Is that better Sam? Frankly I don't give a damn either way. I was there every week except for one afternoon match at Milo. I had a great time this season. I will see everyone in two weeks and I will still enjoy playing and I will have a smile on my face, regardless if I win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                  It's always about YOU, isn't it Sam? Maybe if YOU would have played better YOU could use that argument. As it stands, if we could have won 4 more points from BW it would be WSS in the finals, not YOU. If YOU would have done better all season long, YOU wouldn't have to rely on other teams to get YOU in the finals...
                  ZING!
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Yay! Awesome! One team can't bother to show up in any numbers and Big Winds gets to go to the Championships! YAY!

I hope that next year, teams that have shown poor representation at this year's events - and I can only think of one team that consistently failed to represent - are turned away. Nothing personal... just sucks that the season was determined by one team's delinquence.
                    for all of you people whining about asshoe cassarole not showing up to play big winds, remember you had the chance to play them to. It was just our turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                      I don't believe it was the attendance as much as the lack of winning points. We didn't win the points we could have won. True we didn't give ourselves good odds but still....
                      Uh... the lack of attendance was gifting points to the other team. You didn't do that to our team is all I am saying. You gifted 2, sometimes 3 points per ROUND to our competitors.

Umm yeah, except for when you were using us and you and how our points affected you throughout the season as an argument.
                      OK... let's say it is about me, then, Jevon. Yes... your affected me when you gave 2 or 3 free points to our competition. But, while about me, it is also about you.

And how we kept you out of the finals by our play.
                      It wasn't your play. The handicapping system worked such that when you guys played, you did well. It was when you didn't play that affected a lot of the final standings. This should be fairly apparent.

Sure you would Sam... What excuses did I make today? Ummm, none.
                      Something about a national competition or something. Understandable, but still an excuse.

How did I deflect when I said my team would not be back next year?
                      You didn't with that. You did deflect from the issue of your teams' attendance by making an issue of my mentioning this obvious fact.

I'm sure many people were pissed, as I'm sure I would have been too if I was in a different position. Just remember, if you would have gotten just one more point each week, yesterdays match wouldn't have affected you now would it.
                      I do know this. Hell, I personally blame myself for a lot of the reason why our team is not in the finals. I don't think I won more than one singles' match all year.

But... thank you for recognizing why people would be pissed.

Is that better Sam? Frankly I don't give a damn either way.
                      Actually, yes. It was better. If you would have left it at that and allowed me my belly-aching (I need to belly-ache about something...), we wouldn't have exchanged so many posts.

I was there every week except for one afternoon match at Milo. I had a great time this season.
                      Me too. I played HORRIBLY this season and had a great time playing golf. Some for the throws but mostly for the very laid back but very competitive nature as well as the amazing comraderie.

I will see everyone in two weeks and I will still enjoy playing and I will have a smile on my face, regardless if I win or lose.
                      I will be scowling and jumping up and down on a table.

I had a great time at Team Disc Golf this year and do not feel like anyone ruined anything. I merely pointed out a disappointment from this year that I hope can be avoided in years to come. That is all.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Fry View Post
                        for all of you people whining about asshoe cassarole not showing up to play big winds, remember you had the chance to play them to. It was just our turn.
                        Actually not ALL teams got to play Asshole Casserole this season.

Regardless of the attendance issue I can think of 3 ways that we could have won yesterday.

1. Our opponents only had 4 players present. If we had fielded 6 players in the morning, we'd have scored the easy Dubs point like BW did.

2. If we would've been on-the-ball we could have put up Cris & Teresa as our Dubs match up in the afternoon. They'd have had no opponents, only had to play one hole and then could have left after that.

3. Then the split of the singles matches would never have gone to the strokes tiebreaker. We would've won the match point 6 to 4.

There is 3 easy points even WITH our poor play. We'd at least have been able to play for 3rd place...

I may have to step down as team captain (as this is clearly a failure of the captain to run the team properly) next year. I just can't give the time needed to the matchups when I have to get everything ready for the league.
                        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Negative. None of the rest of those thought of this so you cannot blame yourself too harshly. I did think about the Bellingers putting up a doubles match and leaving - but not until after the fact.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh Sam. Will you be my valentine?

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              Actually not ALL teams got to play Asshole Casserole this season.

Regardless of the attendance issue I can think of 3 ways that we could have won yesterday.

1. Our opponents only had 4 players present. If we had fielded 6 players in the morning, we'd have scored the easy Dubs point like BW did.

2. If we would've been on-the-ball we could have put up Cris & Teresa as our Dubs match up in the afternoon. They'd have had no opponents, only had to play one hole and then could have left after that.

3. Then the split of the singles matches would never have gone to the strokes tiebreaker. We would've won the match point 6 to 4.

There is 3 easy points even WITH our poor play. We'd at least have been able to play for 3rd place...

I may have to step down as team captain (as this is clearly a failure of the captain to run the team properly) next year. I just can't give the time needed to the matchups when I have to get everything ready for the league.
                              You know, listening to all this, mainly from GB&S, I've been reading between the lines and figured out the REAL problem here. THEY are just scared to death to have to play Drunk and Disorderly in the finals. I don't blame them! They will be forced into having fun, drinking beer, and ___ , and, oh yeah, did I mention the fun part? It doesn't matter who's playing for the title of Champion , the match up to watch is between The Good, Bad, and Sassy and Drunk and Disorderly.

jevon Oh Sam. Will you be my valentine?
                              Jevon, you two timing BASTARD!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                                It doesn't matter who's playing for the title of Champion , the match up to watch is between The Good, Bad, and Sassy and Drunk and Disorderly.
                                Not so fast Bob. The match to watch will be for 5/6th place, Putt This! vs. Green Bowl Packers. We didn't get to play them during the regular season and T-Ry and myself schemed for a chance at each other during the playoffs. Honestly we were hoping it would be for the championship but that didn't work out did it

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X