Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 8. 3 in the AM. 4 in the PM. And Match Point.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Divisional Races

WEST
      The top 3 teams in the West finished with 4-4-1 records that went down to the Total Match Point tie-breaker. Team Skinny wins with 65, Old Evil & Sassy is second with 60 and Putt This! is third with 57.5.

Previously winless Discrupters finished the season with 3 wins and 2 ties to take fourth over Vapor Trails at 2-7-0.

EAST
      First place was a head-to-head matchup and went into the afternoon matches tied at 3-3 where Rockwood Roughnecks edged Big Winds 3-2 for the victory 6-3 to 5-3-1.

The Green Bowl Packers rallied for the big win to take third place with a 5-4 record. Dark Horse lost a close match to finish in fourth at 4-3-2 ahead of Griplok who went 1-4 down the stretch and finished 4-5.

SOUTH
      Both teams vying for the division crown managed to win their final matches going 7-2, Chain Damage edges out the Eastside Crushers on Match Points 70.5 to 62.5.

Go F*ck Yourself got the win to take third with a 4-5 record ahead of the Chain Smokers at 2-7 and ABDG Misfits at 1-8.

NORTH
      Division Champion Disc Golf or Die suffered an uncharacteristic loss to finish the season 7-2 with the title already rapped up. But that loss catapulted the Dancing Cows into a second place finish at 5-3-1 just ahead of previous second place team Ace or Die at 4-4-1. It might have cost them another place because Oregon Disc & Wildlife's win tied them, but the 63-55.5 Match Point difference saved them.

Ace Holes finished the year 2-6-1.

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; February 13th, 2012, 10:26 PM. Reason: D
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

As the new greenskeeper at Adair I was disappointed to see more trash/cans/bottles than I ever have at Adair following the team golf weekend. I had just gone through the woods hole on a cleanup effort the previous week so the amount of litter was really pretty amazing for one weekend. Our club has already received a complaint from the park rangers and we will be working to clean up the mess ASAP. I know not everyone involved in team golf is treating our course so poorly but It was also very obvious the problem is more than a few people based on the sheer number of bottles and cans.
        I know everybody knows better but I would encourage you guys to think about bringing some trash bags along so that you don't leave our parks looking much worse than you found them. Collectively you have made our sport look bad in the eyes of the Benton County parks department and you have disappointed and angered some in the Willamette Disc Golf Club.
        Nate
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
          As the new greenskeeper at Adair I was disappointed to see more trash/cans/bottles than I ever have at Adair following the team golf weekend. I had just gone through the woods hole on a cleanup effort the previous week so the amount of litter was really pretty amazing for one weekend. Our club has already received a complaint from the park rangers and we will be working to clean up the mess ASAP. I know not everyone involved in team golf is treating our course so poorly but It was also very obvious the problem is more than a few people based on the sheer number of bottles and cans.
          I know everybody knows better but I would encourage you guys to think about bringing some trash bags along so that you don't leave our parks looking much worse than you found them. Collectively you have made our sport look bad in the eyes of the Benton County parks department and you have disappointed and angered some in the Willamette Disc Golf Club.
          Nate
          Nate,

That is a sad note! I know that when our team shows up to a park we respect it like it's our home. What you bring in is what you bring out! I cannot speak for every team, but from what I always see... same respect.

Sorry from the GBP's!

Kevin

Comment

That just really sucks, your old enough to play. But not old enough to pick up after yourself. I am really sorry that people don't get a clue. If your going to take trash out on the course, TAKE IT BACK TO YOUR RIG AFTER. SIMPLE AS THAT!

Comment

I don't know about Saturday ... But Sunday we weren't the only park goers ... I know that all of the team golfer's I have played with pick up trash not leave it ... sorry for hassle we appreciate all you do

Comment

we also had groups of college age kids using their empty six pack cartons to carry their discs on sat. and i thought the place looked pretty good...thru both rounds.There was no obvious trash problem that i saw and if you have had complaints before i doubt it was the Portland area team golf that was responsible.That being said i too apologize if the mess was team golfers.I know our team cleaned up our lunchmess and none of us would leave anything on the course.In fact you will usually see one of us picking up trash on any course we play.

Comment

Nate I appreciate your concern. I highly doubt that it was team disc golfers. I have never seen any of us litter (on Sundays at least), not even a cigarette butt. Overall a conscientious, responsible group of golfers.

Comment

I would expect most if not all of the team golfers to be packing out what they bring in. All I know is I cleaned up the woods holes last week and then there were lots of bottles and cans in there when I got out on Monday, enough that the rangers made a comment about it. I am not saying it was all due to team golf and I am sure many people cleaned up trash that they saw.
                    Bottom line is just if you pack it in, pack it out. Bring a bag with you and clean the course as you play. No hard feelings towards team golf from me just voicing the concerns of the rangers and some of the WDGC. Thanks!
                    Nate
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Sorry to hear about the trash, Nate. I don't really recall seeing any, even on round 2 on Sunday, which makes me wonder if some casuals trashed it after we left. I never saw anyone litter while I was there, and if I did, I would have said or done something, and made sure it was picked up. In fact, I had my dog with me, and therefore a supply of poo bags, and I picked up a bagful of various dogs' poo from our gathering area near the parking lot before my dog even did her business. In general, team golfers tend to be good stewards of the courses they enjoy playing, but we will remind everyone at the Finals all-team players meeting (2/25) to always pack it out!
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I think the criticism is valid. I did notice a lot of old hand warmers and stuff around hole 1 and I did see the message on the board. I did pick up the stuff and threw it away. Yes, some of us\you need to be more attentive about packing it out. Cheers

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X