Week 8 Trojan Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We going with 8,9,10 rating points per stroke?

    Bob

    Comment


    • played two rounds at trojan today.
      course is wet but fine... tho I do hope we play jordans layout anyways.
      water level is high but does not make anything unplayable.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
        played two rounds at trojan today.
        course is wet but fine... tho I do hope we play jordans layout anyways.
        water level is high but does not make anything unplayable.
        Thanks for the update. I also want to play Jordan's layout. Excepting the loss of hole 8, I like our temp layout better than the regular course.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
          Awesome! I was hoping for your temp hole #17 That peninsula was made for a basket.
          yeah except the peninsula will have a tee on it, not a basket
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            yeah except the peninsula will have a tee on it, not a basket
            Thanks for noting that difference G-man! And actually the tee pad will be the from path where it lines up and points directly back towards the entrance road giving us the longest 'tee pad' we can get from the path.

            Since this is a fairly long hole over water if you take the straight route, I would like to use a drop zone on this hole. The only OB on this hole will be water and the paved entrance road (so if you throw over the road pavement you are still IB but need to throw back without going into the water...) and if you go there off the tee you proceed to the drop zone. We will use the path where it is pointing straight at the basket (after the curve around the water).

            If do not have the arm to make it across the water you may throw around the water or you may say you want to take the drop zone instead. You will be throwing your 3rd shot from the drop zone but at least you didn't lose your disc in the water!

            I will work up a hole by hole OB list tonight and make that available for the weekend.

            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              Thanks for noting that difference G-man! And actually the tee pad will be the from path where it lines up and points directly back towards the entrance road giving us the longest 'tee pad' we can get from the path.

              Since this is a fairly long hole over water if you take the straight route, I would like to use a drop zone on this hole. The only OB on this hole will be water and the paved entrance road (so if you throw over the road pavement you are still IB but need to throw back without going into the water...) and if you go there off the tee you proceed to the drop zone. We will use the path where it is pointing straight at the basket (after the curve around the water).

              If do not have the arm to make it across the water you may throw around the water or you may say you want to take the drop zone instead. You will be throwing your 3rd shot from the drop zone but at least you didn't lose your disc in the water!

              I will work up a hole by hole OB list tonight and make that available for the weekend.

              Jordan,

              There is a concrete "teepad" (actually, I think its a slab for a picnic table, but whateva) at the tree-line, halfway between Basket #16 and Tee #17 if you wanted to use it for a drop-zone. I had considered using it for ORDGC, but decided I'd rather make em throw it again
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

              Comment


              • So will it be IB or OB if you land on grass between the path and the water? (IT was OB during ORDGC.)
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                  So will it be IB or OB if you land on grass between the path and the water? (IT was OB during ORDGC.)
                  On this hole you can land ON the path itself and be IB. The only OB is in the water and the paved road. Don't go long.
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                  Comment


                  • Sat. Teams The Commish has spoken who has baskets we need 4 of them.
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                    :cheers:

                    :cool:sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Trojan TDG Layout OB rules:
                      1 OB in water, parking lot, road and anything off normal fairway that isn't inside the fenced area. Any OB shot sends you to drop zone next to course sign.
                      2 OB on road and in water. No mando. Please be courteous to players on tee 3.
                      3 OB on path or in water.
                      4 OB in or beyond water.
                      5 OB on road, path or in water.
                      6 OB in water.
                      7 OB on path or in water.
                      8 OB in water. Drop Zone is cement pad closest to bridge. Optional Drop off tee to save plastic.
                      9 no OB.
                      10 OB in parking lot and water.
                      11 OB in water.
                      12 OB in water. Mando left of last tree.
                      13 OB in water or parking lot.
                      14 OB on road or in water.
                      15 OB on road.
                      16 OB on road.
                      17 OB on road and in water. Drop Zone is cement pad between pins 16-17. Optional Drop off tee to save plastic.
                      18 OB on road or in water.

                      Questions?

                      Last edited by Sausage Fingers; January 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM. Reason: i 4 o
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                      Comment


                      • Thank you Kel and Jordan for maps and OB list on scorecards.
                        All this is confusing for someone who plays there once a year and never starts on hole 1.
                        Without the map to guide me and sentences telling me where OB is, I'd be lost.
                        Thanks.

                        The Discrupters are looking forward to continuing their winning streak and taking down Team Skinny.

                        Comment


                        • 4 OB on or beyond water.( Under water would be in????????)
                          12 OB in water. Mando left of last tree. (Is this tree obvious as the last?)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            4 OB on or beyond water.( Under water would be in????????)
                            12 OB in water. Mando left of last tree. (Is this tree obvious as the last?)
                            it is possible to be on the far side of the ditch and not in the water or on the road. But to get to your disc you have to walk out of the park at the entrance road and all the way up the hwy to where your disc is. way too slow play.

                            from the tee there are bushes and trees along your right. you have to go around all of them on the left before heading to the basket. it can be hard to tell if a disc makes or misses if it is close. you should send a player to stand down there to spot. it can save time if shots go over the berm and out of sight.

                            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                            Comment


                            • Oh, OK.
                              I'm confident it will all make sense when I'm standing on the tee and check the OB list.
                              Thanks for doing all the extra work this week. Kel's map rocks.
                              And thanks to whoever is supplying alternate baskets Sunday!

                              Comment


                              • dont worry wes.... I'm really excited too!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X