Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played Saturday last year.... does that count?

Comment

I can bring my Mach II basket if you still need one more Jordan. Let me know.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      I have a couple of ideas for a new layout that avoids the waterlogged holes.

One layout needs 2 baskets and the other needs 4 baskets. I cannot be there on Saturday, so you will have to pull it together yourselves or play the wet holes.

For Sunday, we may play the 4 extra basket layout as I have secured 3 of the 4 baskets needed already, and no, Mr Poke-The-Bear, we will not be using your bastardized basket.

I would like to hear from the Saturday crews as to your ability to bring and set up extra baskets so I can have a map on the back of each scorecard again this week.

I am making the Sunday map now.

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
        I can bring my Mach II basket if you still need one more Jordan. Let me know.
        Sunday is good for baskets. I suck at graphics but I threw this together for a map.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Team Golf Peeps,

I endured the long trek to trojan today. It looks like holes 8 and 10 are pretty much unplayable. I'm looks the rest of the course is "ok". It was dark when I got there so I wasn't able to get a full report.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            Sunday is good for baskets. I suck at graphics but I threw this together for a map.

I like!

Comment

the last time i played trojan, was over 2 1/2 years ago. i lost my favorite putter that day, the first putter i had ever bought aswell as the first dye job i ever did. I did not have my name or number on that disc. i was deeply saddened.
              but! this weekend, after my horrid first round at the slosh, i found it waiting for me at tourney central! it just so happened to find its way back to me the weekend before i am being forced to (yes forced) play that treacherous course again.
              I believe it is an omen of my coming victory over the old bad and saggy.
              did i mention that Sam Gibson was the one who found it and turned it into tourney central? What cruel irony that the same putter he found and returned is going to eviscerate his team. hand the executioner his sword, bend over, and ask for forgiveness.

Comment

Hope you put your name and number on it. You know... according to the RULES.

We should start a poll as to which hole Xander will lose this putter on...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Hope you put your name and number on it. You know... according to the RULES.

We should start a poll as to which hole Xander will lose this putter on...
                  put me down for losing it UP sam's a-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                    the first putter i had ever bought aswell as the first dye job i ever did. I did not have my name or number on that disc.
                    "802.01
                    F. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked in ink or pigment-based marking which has no detectable thickness."

being a 'dyed disc' it does follow the rules. nowhere does it say "must have your name and number on it..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                      Awesome! I was hoping for your temp hole #17 That peninsula was made for a basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                        put me down for losing it UP sam's a-hole.
                        Touche!

Comment

• Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                          "802.01
                          F. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked in ink or pigment-based marking which has no detectable thickness."

being a 'dyed disc' it does follow the rules. nowhere does it say "must have your name and number on it..."
                          So true. I've had to straighten a few players out on this rule. Any unique marking is sufficient.

Comment

• Trojan On?

So I think I'm correct in noting we will play Trojan with some altered holes to work around the flooded/under water holes? Just want to know for sure where DGOD versus DGOD will go down. Did Saturday get 4 baskets yet or not?
                            Sometimes you just gotta say 'Huck It'!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                              So true. I've had to straighten a few players out on this rule. Any unique marking is sufficient.
                              So, the question remains then... do all of a player's "unique markings" need to be the same on all of his discs?

If what you stated was true then any dyed disc is effectively unique, but that does exactly nothing to confirm who the disc actually belong to... which I believe is the entire point of the rule to begin with.
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                                So, the question remains then... do all of a player's "unique markings" need to be the same on all of his discs?

If what you stated was true then any dyed disc is effectively unique, but that does exactly nothing to confirm who the disc actually belong to... which I believe is the entire point of the rule to begin with.
                                I throw a few discs that have Hemmerling's name on the back. They are uniquely marked, not with MY name per se, but you cannot deny that they are uniquely marked.

I think that until the rule states WHAT unique mark needs to be on the disc we have to go with the broadest interpretation of the rule.

Besides, there are enough tough rules in disc golf. Do we really need to sweat the small stuff.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X