X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
    Change the rules just so The Discrupters don't win?!
    It only affected one of 10 matches. I think you got it right!
    I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the RRs found out they had lost!

I have to agree with this comment!

Bob

Comment

I agree the AM pads helped.
      Happy belated Birthday to Zach, who turned 22 Sunday.
      I liked playing with the tired, drunkish Zach.
      He was definitely entertaining.
      DrunkISH?! Dude was slammered... Great entertainment, between all the whining, at least

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        Actually, I was very cognizant of this fact. And the SSAs that we actually shot on Sunday would have put us in the 9 Ratings Points/Stroke range. (Saturday's SSAs were in the 8 Ratings Points/Stroke range BTW) So after I entered each match I switched the RP/S around to see if it made a difference. The only match that had any significant change was the Rockwood-Discrupters match. With 8 RP/S the underdog wins, but with 9 RP/S the Roughnecks would win the match.

This is why I've been thinking about changing the rule for next year...

what rule?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Actually, I was very cognizant of this fact. And the SSAs that we actually shot on Sunday would have put us in the 9 Ratings Points/Stroke range. (Saturday's SSAs were in the 8 Ratings Points/Stroke range BTW) So after I entered each match I switched the RP/S around to see if it made a difference. The only match that had any significant change was the Rockwood-Discrupters match. With 8 RP/S the underdog wins, but with 9 RP/S the Roughnecks would win the match.

So would you leave the SSA undetermined until later to help the underdog or to help the favored team? I like the idea of having all the cards on the table to determine the winner before you leave. The only grey area now lands with ties and counting total strokes for the victor. I can deal with that since it is so rare: Like twice in one season for us so far
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353
          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Week 7 Results

Winners in bold

Saturday 1/14/12
            Chain Damage 8.5 at Ace Holes 3.5
            DGOD - Ace or Die 5 at Dancing Cows 6
            Chain Smokers 8
            at ABDG Misfits 3
            Oregon Disc & Wildlife 10 at GFY 1
            Disc Golf or Die 9.5 at Eastside Crushers 2.5

Sunday 1/15/12
            Team Skinny 10.5 at GripLok 4.5
            Darkhorse 4.5 at Big Winds 7.5
            Putt This! 8.5 at Vapor Trails 6.5
            Green Bowl Packers 4.5 at Old, Evil & Sassy 7.5
            Rockwood Roughnecks 6.5 at Discrupters 7.5

Comment

• GBP was so concerned about one card in the afternoon that they forgot about winning the other two cards. Great day and good win for OE&S.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• big winds vs dark horse thought it finished 5.5 to 6.5. we lost 2 in morning and 1 lost and 1 tie in afternoon

Comment

I guess you'll be moving to Guam after we kick your ass next!
                  Any more smack talk from you and I'll let the Giant Slayer give you a little whats what.

Hahahaha I would love to put Hagerty in his place...hehehehe. Bring it!!

That and a few snowballs at Jordan during our walk tomorrow!!

As I see it a win is a win and we did it! Go Discrupters!!

Comment

So does that mean Saturday would have a different RP/S than Sundays teams???

Comment

• Couple of mistakes

Originally posted by rob smith View Post
                      big winds vs dark horse thought it finished 5.5 to 6.5. we lost 2 in morning and 1 lost and 1 tie in afternoon
                      I double checked this match and the only error was a mistype by yours truly on the Big Winds afternoon dubs back nine. They shot a 30 and I had entered a 20 with my damn sausage fingers. Your match was 63-66 and your ratings were exactly 24 points apart for the 3 stroke handicap. But this resulted in a tie in match strokes. Darkhorse won the total strokes tiebreaker 617-621, while Big Winds played all 7 players for the overall tie for the match.

There was a double screw up on the Ace or Die Vs Dancing Cows match sheet. First, my crack team of stat demons swapped the two team's scores for just the afternoon dubs. And then because that wasn't enough of a screw up, I read the score from the S9 singles match and gave the AoD dubs team a 63 for the round. But after the DC were given the 57 they really shot and the AoD team the 59 they shot the match results didn't change. This match was also tied on match points and the Cows won the total strokes tiebreaker 621-626 for the 6-5 victory.

The third match that was tied on match points was Rockwood Vs Discrupters. The Rupters won the total strokes tiebreaker 798-812 and both teams got the 7 player point for a 7.5-6.5 victory.

Updated standings

EAST DIVISION
                      Team W L T MPs

1st RR 5 2 0 61.5
                      2nd BW 4 2 1 43.0
                      3rd GL 4 3 0 55.0
                      4th GBP 4 3 0 41.5
                      5th DH 3 2 2 49.5

WEST DIVISION
                      Team W L T MPs

1st PT! 3 3 1 42.5
                      2nd TS 3 4 0 49.0
                      3rd OE&S 2 4 1 43.0
                      4th DR 2 4 1 40.5
                      5th VT 2 5 0 38.5

NORTH DIVISION
                      Team W L T MPs

1st DGoD 6 1 0 60.0
                      2nd AoD 4 2 1 54.0
                      3rd DC 3 3 1 40.0
                      4th OD&W 2 4 1 41.0
                      5th AH 2 4 1 34.0

SOUTH DIVISION
                      Team W L T MPs

1st CD 6 1 0 52.0
                      2nd EC 5 2 0 47.5
                      3rd CS 2 5 0 30.0
                      4th GFY 2 5 0 28.0
                      5th ABDG 1 6 0 32.5

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
                        So does that mean Saturday would have a different RP/S than Sundays teams???
                        Potentially, it means that each of the 4 rounds could have different RP/S depending on the final SSA of each round played. Say, if the morning or afternoon had significantly better or worse weather, it could make the SSA go into a different RP/S range than in previous rounds shot at that course.

Personally, picking the SSA for the rounds we are going to play tends to be one of the more stressful parts of running OTDG. One of the reasons I'd like to implement this change next year is to relieve me of this burden for each event. Then it could blow like crazy at a particular event and I'd know that the handicap we were playing would reflect the difficulty of the course and conditions.

In this last week's event only the Sunday RP/S would have gone up to 9 while the Saturday RP/S would stay at 8. And of the 5 Sunday matches only the one would actually swap the winners.

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; January 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM. Reason: to

Comment

• And then depression set in...

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          I double checked this match and the only error was a mistype by yours truly on the Big Winds afternoon dubs back nine.
                          This is not entirely the case. This is gonna get confusing so I'll do my best to explain what really happened and how I screwed DH out of their victory this week.

You might remember that we played at Timber the last event. And there were some slight scoring irregularities...
                          Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          Due to another mistype even though I used the awesome new 10-key provided to me, I somehow still made a stupid keying error in Jevon's match.
                          Well giving Jevon a score that was 10 strokes better than he really shot also had an effect on the SSA for the Sunday PM round. But after fixing the scores in the spreadsheet, I neglected to re-upload the corrected files.

Let me restate that for effect: I neglected to re-upload the corrected files.

Now you may ask yourself, what could that possibly matter to anybody? When Captain extraordinaire Kel Carver went to get his team ratings for Week 7, the Master Ratings file showed Rob Smith with a rating of 946.371229. Well, after the Sunday PM round ratings changed with Jevon's real score, it changed Rob's rating that round from 959 to 961. That changed his week 7 rating to 946.571229 and with the rounding moved his rating that crucial 1 point upwards. So when Kel matched Rob (947) up against John (923) he thought that Rob only needed to give John 2 strokes in that match. But that extra .2 in the rounded rating was all that was needed to force the win into a tie.

And not only did it put the singles match into a tie, it ultimately resulted in the entire match being a tie. Shattering the hopes and dreams of a Darkhorse repeat.

I am rapidly approaching my self imposed internet ban so I will leave you with this post to rant and rave about and I'll be back sometime on Thursday to read your opinions.

Comment

• Yeah I got a rant for you Jordan. Your doing a great job, no one is perfect. Humans made the spread sheet then plugged the numbers into it. There is bound to be errors, I just wish they'd work in our favor for Pete sakes! Better get a dialing wand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtbPOXFk00
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Had I been there it wouldn't not be an issue. Thanks Jordan for your hard work.
                              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

• You can't take the heat for this one Hiatt.

Based on the information provided in advance of the match we WON! There's no doubt that Big Winds felt we came back and beat them during the second round on Sunday. So in my book we can still add one to the win column.

This experience coincidentally mirrors what a post-round strokes/rating scenario (as previously suggested for next season) would look like. From my experience, the idea of not knowing the actual gap until after the match . . . sucks ass.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X