Week 7 Milo BSF East Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
    so are we supposed to use BSF's TC as the TC for TDG?

    Jordan which hole numbering system will you be using on the cards?
    What Keith does is up to Keith, but I plan on using BSF TC for the Sunday crew. Where else would be better? It may be the first time that Saturday gets better weather than Sunday. But as always, poor weather means faster rounds for us since there will be less casual players on the course. Do you think that having everybody park in the A lot will deter more casual golfers from playing?

    Does the hole numbering REALLY matter? It is my understanding that there are only 18 baskets out there in the ground, so we will play those baskets. I will try to get that course map graphic printed on the back of the scorecards this week to help with the hole numbering confusion.

    Let's get ready for another great weekend of Team Disc Golf!

    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

    Comment


    • #62
      Aye Aye

      Much FUN
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

      :cheers:

      :cool:sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        Do you think that having everybody park in the A lot will deter more casual golfers from playing?
        I do after watching other weeks at other places. If you drive in and see a full lot you might think twice about playing but if it looks empty and some people are around then you think you can play.

        Hippy007

        Comment


        • #64
          A vote for short tees... this time

          Hey... throwing in my experienced TD 2 cents. I think we should play the short tees for a couple reasons.

          #1 (and the biggest factor) - time. We still have short days right now, and playing the short tees will significantly increase our chances of finishing before dark. If I recall, we have to be out of the park by sun down. While some of us can make it through the course in a reasonably quick time, a good many of us cannot. We need to make decisions gated, I believe, on our slower player's speed of play... not our fast players.

          #2 - We will be at this course again for the finals (when the days will be happily longer), and we should save the mac-daddy hard lay-out for that judgement day!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
            I do after watching other weeks at other places. If you drive in and see a full lot you might think twice about playing but if it looks empty and some people are around then you think you can play.

            Hippy007
            I have a couple thoughts about this.

            #1 If I drove all the way out to Milo to play dg, unless they closed the entire course for cross country or civil war playacting I am playing that course regardless of the congestion. But I am unsure how the casual player will see it. Maybe if they know about Timber then they will head to the course that is less busy.

            #2 It will probably be inclement weather by the time I show up on Sunday, so unless I have another option for dry cover for a makeshift TC I will drive my car over to the BSF TC and use that shelter unless it is in use. But as I see us as not only the majority of the park users that day, we will also probably be at the gate waiting for the thing to open...

            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

            Comment


            • #66
              OLE Saturday at Dabney... warm-up for Sunday team golf!

              Oh man... I haven't played, except a round in Copenhagen, since last team golf!! I don't know about you, but I'll be warming my game back up at OLE this Saturday at Dabney, mwahahahaha

              Get ready for some old, evil & sassy domination on Sunday!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
                Hey... throwing in my experienced TD 2 cents. I think we should play the short tees for a couple reasons.

                #1 (and the biggest factor) - time. We still have short days right now, and playing the short tees will significantly increase our chances of finishing before dark. If I recall, we have to be out of the park by sun down. While some of us can make it through the course in a reasonably quick time, a good many of us cannot. We need to make decisions gated, I believe, on our slower player's speed of play... not our fast players.

                #2 - We will be at this course again for the finals (when the days will be happily longer), and we should save the mac-daddy hard lay-out for that judgement day!
                This is probably the best case put forward so far for the short tees. But even if we play all 8 short tee pads, I still think that the SSA will turn out to be above 58, keeping the 8RPs/Stroke. I just think we will be much closer to the 58 SSA than the 62 SSA for 7RPs/Stroke.

                I am waffling harder here than with the uncertain weather at North Bonne...

                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                Comment


                • #68
                  BSF TC shelter... we will be needing it!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
                    Hey... throwing in my experienced TD 2 cents. I think we should play the short tees for a couple reasons.

                    #1 (and the biggest factor) - time. We still have short days right now, and playing the short tees will significantly increase our chances of finishing before dark. If I recall, we have to be out of the park by sun down. While some of us can make it through the course in a reasonably quick time, a good many of us cannot. We need to make decisions gated, I believe, on our slower player's speed of play... not our fast players.

                    #2 - We will be at this course again for the finals (when the days will be happily longer), and we should save the mac-daddy hard lay-out for that judgement day!
                    Yeah... what she said!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                      #1 If I drove all the way out to Milo to play dg, unless they closed the entire course for cross country or civil war playacting I am playing that course regardless of the congestion. But I am unsure how the casual player will see it. Maybe if they know about Timber then they will head to the course that is less busy.
                      True. but most of the big big groups of noobs are all locals.

                      I could care less just pointing a point

                      Hippy007

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Which tees?

                        I agree with sassalicious:
                        1. Short tees this weekend (addressing daylight and course crowding concerns);
                        2. Longs tees for championship weekend.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                          I agree with sassalicious:
                          1. Short tees this weekend (addressing daylight and course crowding concerns);
                          2. Longs tees for championship weekend.
                          Don't cha just hate it when someone throws logic into the mix. I guess if I have to reign in my big arm for a day, I can. Look out for the finals though, it's being brought!

                          Starting the stop watch, and timing how long it takes for Haggy to pipe in with why we should use the long pads.

                          Bob

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Short/short
                            or
                            long/short

                            Either helps, and helps.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I say we form a committee... maybe a couple of working groups... and really discuss the hell out of this topic. We can have every voice represented and reach some sort of working consensus even though we will probably all end up hating each other.

                              Oh wait. This isn't Occupy Portland. Never mind.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                I say we form a committee... maybe a couple of working groups... and really discuss the hell out of this topic. We can have every voice represented and reach some sort of working consensus even though we will probably all end up hating each other.

                                Oh wait. This isn't Occupy Portland. Never mind.
                                Beautiful...

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X