X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
    only 1 pad on the Genius, some day we may get a 2nd pad there....
    At Hab Rec if I remember correctly one of the pools teed off from down below from a natural pad. I think this is what harrission means by missing it at Hab Rec.

Hey btw while I am here on this thread the Chick Flick will be at Milo on Sunday with our fundraiser lunch. $5 for a main dish, desert & soda plus entry into a drawing for a bunch of cool stuff Next Adventure is donating. You can also purchase extra tickets for the drawing for a $1. We will draw the winners at the final.

Cindy
    Last edited by LegoRules; January 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM.
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

Yum I do love the chick flick grub, last time the pulled pork was most excellent!

Looking forward to Milo's menu.

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      At Hab Rec if I remember correctly one of the pools teed off from down below from a natural pad. I think this is what harrission means by missing it at Hab Rec.

Hey btw while I am here on this thread the Chick Flick will be at Milo on Sunday with our fundraiser lunch. $5 for a main dish, desert & soda plus entry into a drawing for a bunch of cool stuff Next Adventure is donating. You can also purchase extra tickets for the drawing for a $1. We will draw the winners at the final.

Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
        Bring your gluten-eatin' azz to Milo, Georginia so I can kick it. Kick it real good. And JoJo's too!
        Wow... Joe isn't that what Coalman's mom said last night ... Mother like doughter

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          What were the BSF East round's average SSA from which you gleaned this data? When you subtract 5.05 from this average does it lower the SSA below 58?

Jordan, that SSA was 59 for the east side in the longs and Pro pads last year. This was also in decent weather the year before it was 59.27 with a little worse weather but all long baskets. This is also predicated by the fact that the PRO field an average had a player rating of 1000. As much as we want to believe that the rating system does not depend on the propagators, it does.

My best guess with these changes the course play would lower the SSA by 5 strokes but the points per stroke probably would not leave the 8-8.5 per stroke range. So if you want to make it tougher to win for better players leave it at 8 if you want to make it easier for the better players make it 9. Looks like last year TDG played it closer to 62.5 SSA with the weather and extra clothing I am sure. I bet 8 is still a pretty safe bet as long as you are not stalking the course with a bunch of 1000 rated players
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Jordan, that SSA was 59 for the east side in the longs and Pro pads last year. This was also in decent weather the year before it was 59.27 with a little worse weather but all long baskets. This is also predicated by the fact that the PRO field an average had a player rating of 1000. As much as we want to believe that the rating system does not depend on the propagators, it does.

My best guess with these changes the course play would lower the SSA by 5 strokes but the points per stroke probably would not leave the 8-8.5 per stroke range. So if you want to make it tougher to win for better players leave it at 8 if you want to make it easier for the better players make it 9. Looks like last year TDG played it closer to 62.5 SSA with the weather and extra clothing I am sure. I bet 8 is still a pretty safe bet as long as you are not stalking the course with a bunch of 1000 rated players
            Well I wouldn't call it a bunch and certainly NOT the average rating for the field...but we have some very good golfers in TDG. I've seen some pretty amazing scorecards turned in.

Yeah the weather will probably have a measurable effect and also lesson the hole by hole improvement you list above. We really won't know for sure until the rounds are played.

That also reminds me of a possible change to the way we handicap this league next year. What if each round's ssa isn't set before the match and we use whatever ssa is actually shot during the round? It may put some uncertainty in the match if you do not know exactly what you have to shoot to beat your opponent.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Don't forget about east 12 (winter 18) not being on the island.
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

That also reminds me of a possible change to the way we handicap this league next year. What if each round's ssa isn't set before the match and we use whatever ssa is actually shot during the round? It may put some uncertainty in the match if you do not know exactly what you have to shoot to beat your opponent.

Comment

If I had a vote I would vote against this change. I rather like knowing the score before and during my match as opposed to the next day when SSA is calculated. That is what competition is all about in my book.

And in my mere 1/2 season experience with ORTDG the handicaps are working out amazingly. Just last weekend all 3 of the matches I played in or watched (1 doubles, 2 singles) were decided on the last hole.

Comment

So are we set on playing some short pads? I would hope and like to play milo to the full effect, as would the rest of my team...i know debs not scared of the long pads.

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                      only 1 pad on the Genius, some day we may get a 2nd pad there....
                      the genius pad... and the savant pad.

Comment

Occupy the long pads!!!!!
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
                          If I had a vote I would vote against this change. I rather like knowing the score before and during my match as opposed to the next day when SSA is calculated. That is what competition is all about in my book.

And in my mere 1/2 season experience with ORTDG the handicaps are working out amazingly. Just last weekend all 3 of the matches I played in or watched (1 doubles, 2 singles) were decided on the last hole.
                          I second this.

If we don't have the SSA till the next day why worry about player ratings! Just heads up every match!!!!!!! and then we go random draw (team vs team) to see who plays who in singles and doubles.

Comment

Chain damage

LONG PADS!!! It Is Milo.Chain Damage!
                            CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

The past ssa's are known for all seasons of ORTDG since Jordan took over. It is easy for anyone to figure out the guesstimated handicaps. I doubt it would change more than one rps if anything at all. Only difference is having to wait to get the official outcome.

Comment

milo

i like the way it is .....and of course LONG TEES at Milo

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X