Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
    I do.
    I do not.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      I do not.

For what its worth... I played a round from the short pads and a round from the long pads the other day. The scoring differential between the two rounds was 4 strokes. I felt like I scored well and played at pretty much the same level for each of the two rounds.

Jeff
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        For what its worth... I played a round from the short pads and a round from the long pads the other day. The scoring differential between the two rounds was 4 strokes. I felt like I scored well and played at pretty much the same level for each of the two rounds.

Jeff
        I'd love to see those cards to check where the extra strokes were made up. Was it due to better tee shots on the holes with only 1 tee pad or did you make up 4 strokes on the 8 holes with AM pads...

Comment

I don't think playing from the am pads that are available would lower the SSA... that being said, I think Pinkal's suggestion of the am pads wasn't meant for that purpose; it was to help speed of play? I could be totally wrong; just the way I read it. And my wimpy little arm will play from any pad you tell me to, though I must say I prefer the am pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            I'd love to see those cards to check where the extra strokes were made up. Was it due to better tee shots on the holes with only 1 tee pad or did you make up 4 strokes on the 8 holes with AM pads...

I know I picked up 2 strokes on the Monster and 1 on the combined hole. The other stroke I'm not sure of, but I do know that I played the spiral exactly the same both rounds.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
              I don't think playing from the am pads that are available would lower the SSA... that being said, I think Pinkal's suggestion of the am pads wasn't meant for that purpose; it was to help speed of play? I could be totally wrong; just the way I read it. And my wimpy little arm will play from any pad you tell me to, though I must say I prefer the am pads.
              Shawn, that was exactly the issue I was attempting to address by suggesting AM pads. I think round times could be a huge issue at Milo considering there are only 18 holes in the ground and we don't have the course reserved. Playing from the AM pads should reduce our round times by at least 20 mins.

I don't think SSA necessarily correlates with round time. Especially, when looking at events that have participates spanning a huge ratings range(like TDG).

Comment

Jordan I have no horse in this race but from my experience with this course here is my estimates. The East Side tournament layout playing hole 1 from bathrooms near BSF tournament central. Also all baskets are in the short so some holes will be easier for some levels of play already.

Hole 1. Easier from the am pad by .5 stroke in the short.
                Hole 2. Same.
                Hole 3. Same
                Hole 4. Easier by .5( that short basket is a joke with the mack truck lane created by the tree removal helpers)
                Hole 5. Same.
                Hole 6. Easier by .15, catering to the arms that can get outside on the drive
                hole 7. Easier by 1 stroke. No threat off the tee
                Hole 8. Same.
                Hole 9. Same.
                hole 10. Easier by .3, tight tunnel but no trees blocking the basket
                Hole 11. Same.
                Hole 12. Easier by .5, short basket with no OB risk
                hole 13. Easier by .5
                Hole 14. Easier by 1, could be more but safe to say for most players
                Hole 15. Easier by .35, reachable by most with driver or mid range
                Hole 16. Easier by .25, shortens the hole after the drive.
                Hole 17. Same.
                Hole 18. Same.

My estimate is easier by 5.05.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                  Eating all the gluten I can get my hands on so I can kick some Pinkal/Coalman A$$
                  Bring your gluten-eatin' azz to Milo, Georginia so I can kick it. Kick it real good. And JoJo's too!

Comment

All I hear is 8 RP/S.
                    And I like what it does to The Discrupters chances!
                    955 and under play AM pads, 956+ play pro. (kiddin'- team ratings based joke).

Bad news is The Discrupters fell back under the 6000 team rating mark.
                    Good news is 8RP/S and the RR's high ratings and things are looking up.
                    If VT can beat them....

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Jordan I have no horse in this race but from my experience with this course here is my estimates. The East Side tournament layout playing hole 1 from bathrooms near BSF tournament central. Also all baskets are in the short so some holes will be easier for some levels of play already.

Hole 1. Easier from the am pad by .5 stroke in the short.
                      Hole 2. Same.
                      Hole 3. Same
                      Hole 4. Easier by .5( that short basket is a joke with the mack truck lane created by the tree removal helpers)
                      Hole 5. Same.
                      Hole 6. Easier by .15, catering to the arms that can get outside on the drive
                      hole 7. Easier by 1 stroke. No threat off the tee
                      Hole 8. Same.
                      Hole 9. Same.
                      hole 10. Easier by .3, tight tunnel but no trees blocking the basket
                      Hole 11. Same.
                      Hole 12. Easier by .5, short basket with no OB risk
                      hole 13. Easier by .5
                      Hole 14. Easier by 1, could be more but safe to say for most players
                      Hole 15. Easier by .35, reachable by most with driver or mid range
                      Hole 16. Easier by .25, shortens the hole after the drive.
                      Hole 17. Same.
                      Hole 18. Same.

My estimate is easier by 5.05.
                      What were the BSF East round's average SSA from which you gleaned this data? When you subtract 5.05 from this average does it lower the SSA below 58?

Comment

And i am ready to show those roughnecks how we do it. I am ready to rough you up!

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                        All I hear is 8 RP/S.
                        And I like what it does to The Discrupters chances!
                        955 and under play AM pads, 956+ play pro. (kiddin'- team ratings based joke).

Bad news is The Discrupters fell back under the 6000 team rating mark.
                        Good news is 8RP/S and the RR's high ratings and things are looking up.
                        If VT can beat them....

Comment

yeah im with harrison, the original "how bout not" guy. i just dont like change in general

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
                            And i am ready to show those roughnecks how we do it. I am ready to rough you up!
                            would you please do that...

Comment

At the very least just don't mess with the genius hole. Missed it at Hab/Rec for playing Int, and still haven't had a shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                                At the very least just don't mess with the genius hole. Missed it at Hab/Rec for playing Int, and still haven't had a shot at it.
                                only 1 pad on the Genius, some day we may get a 2nd pad there....
                                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X