X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan,
    After this week's math is done, any chance of an updated/corrected set of Rules?
    From your PM from today and several weeks ago, it appears the current rules are out of date.
    I'm very excited to have a full team now, but the rules appear to have changed where that is less important than last year.
    A clear 9 to 5 victory appears to have become a 6-6 tie.
    Well, at least we are off our losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
      Jordan,
      After this week's math is done, any chance of an updated/corrected set of Rules?
      From your PM from today and several weeks ago, it appears the current rules are out of date.
      I'm very excited to have a full team now, but the rules appear to have changed where that is less important than last year.
      A clear 9 to 5 victory appears to have become a 6-6 tie.
      Well, at least we are off our losing streak.
      Well any rules prior to the 2010-11 season would have some serious rules changes as the 5th Singles Match isn't even IN those rules; but I do like how you skew prior rules to include the 5th Singles Match to your benefit and come up with a bogus 9-5 victory (which would be an impossible score under those rules...). Well played sir!

The 6-6 tie isn't a certainty yet until we can double check the scores and see how the total strokes tie breaker comes out. Only if we win that tie breaker does our match come out a 6-6 tie. If you win the tie breaker then you would win the match outright 7-5.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I was looking at the rules in the 2010/2011 folder. Latest set of rules I could find.
        It didn't indicate the 5th singles was not included.
        I'm just trying to know the rules... and win a match.

(I think 8-5 would have been the result, not 9-5- my bad.)

I thought the point was to benefit from having every team member present.
        Now the secret is out... only bring 5 against the Discrupters and have a better chance of not losing.

(Insert appropriate smilie to indicate good-natured $h!t giving, but with an equal measure of respect!)
        Last edited by Wes Hansen; November 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

BTW- Even tying your team amounts to a victory for The Discrupters.

And my apologies to The Dalles and NB folks. Those are very nice courses!
          LOVE the new NB layout... that's a great looking hole down by the river.
          Chains worked great... whenever I actually hit them.

I think crappy weather and lack of sleep/illness are my excuses for last year's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            Well any rules prior to the 2010-11 season would have some serious rules changes as the 5th Singles Match isn't even IN those rules; but I do like how you skew prior rules to include the 5th Singles Match to your benefit and come up with a bogus 9-5 victory (which would be an impossible score under those rules...). Well played sir!

The 6-6 tie isn't a certainty yet until we can double check the scores and see how the total strokes tie breaker comes out. Only if we win that tie breaker does our match come out a 6-6 tie. If you win the tie breaker then you would win the match outright 7-5.

Out of the rounds actually played, we were 3 points to 2 points in the morning, and 2 points to 3 points in the afternoon, correct? Then we had a man sitting out each round, which would gain a point inherently for Discruptors each round, no? Making it 4 to 2 in the morning, and 3 to 3 in the evening, for a 7 to 5 point split in favor of our team?

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
              Out of the rounds actually played, we were 3 points to 2 points in the morning, and 2 points to 3 points in the afternoon, correct? Then we had a man sitting out each round, which would gain a point inherently for Discruptors each round, no? Making it 4 to 2 in the morning, and 3 to 3 in the evening, for a 7 to 5 point split in favor of our team?
              that makes sense to me...

Comment

a match consists of 4 single and a doubles match played in morn then again in afternoon. playing the 5th single each time is voluntary if i remember right.

Comment

most teams do because sitting out sucks.

Comment

HH and ALL,
                    No. The 4 singles and doubles are mandatory. The 5th singles is a possible bonus.
                    I didn't understand the current rules... mostly because I hadn't been in that position before and the last published rules do not reflect the latest changes.
                    (I have volunteered to retype them.)
                    I do think the rule should be that the 5th singles is also worth a point, but that is not the way the rules are currently applied.
                    It does seem to favor having one team member not show up in the AM, or have to leave early, if you don't think your 7th player will match up well. Then, I think, you can still get the 7 man point and not risk losing 2 points.....
                    ????
                    (The powers that be are hard at work on the weekend scores, so I think/hope The Commish will wait until tomorrow before clarifying any confusion.)

Comment

Week 2 Results

Saturday

N Bonne 11/5/2011
                      Disc Golf or Die 9.5
                      Oregon Disc & Wildlife 4.5

Dancing Cows 5
                      Chain Damage 7

Ace Holes 6.5
                      ABDG Misfits 4.5

Go F*ck Yourself 5.5
                      Eastside Crushers 6.5

DGOD - Ace or Die 10
                      Chain Smokers 2

Sunday

N Bonne 11/6/2011
                      Rockwood Roughnecks 10.5
                      Green Bowl Packers 4.5

Big Winds 3.5
                      Team Skinny 8.5

GripLok 11
                      Vapor Trails 3

Old, Evil & Sassy 6
                      Discrupters 6

Darkhorse 6
                      Putt This! 6

EAST DIVISION
                      Team Captain W L T MPs
                      1st Rockwood Roughnecks Mike Niemi 2 0 0 21.5
                      2nd GripLok David Zimmerman 2 0 0 19.0
                      3rd Darkhorse Kel Carver 1 0 1 17.0
                      4th Green Bowl Packers Tom Rybloom 1 1 0 10.5
                      5th Big Winds Victor Cervantes 0 2 0 8.5

WEST DIVISION
                      Team Captain W L T MPs
                      1st Old, Evil & Sassy Jordan Lewis 1 0 1 16.5
                      2nd Team Skinny Denny Axmacher 1 1 0 12.5
                      3rd Discrupters Wes Hansen 0 1 1 10.0
                      4th Putt This! Jeff Hemmerling 0 1 1 10.0
                      5th Vapor Trails George Adams 0 2 0 7.5

NORTH DIVISION
                      Team Captain W L T MPs
                      1st DGOD - Ace or Die Josh Dearing 2 0 0 21.0
                      2nd Ace Holes Will Odom 2 0 0 16.5
                      3rd Disc Golf or Die Dan Brown Sr 1 1 0 14.5
                      4th Dancing Cows Scott Searles 0 1 1 11.0
                      5th Oregon Disc & Wildlife Dan Denny 0 1 1 10.5

SOUTH DIVISION
                      Team Captain W L T MPs
                      1st Chain Damage Anthony Chivers 2 0 0 16.0
                      2nd Go F*ck Yourself Karl Denfeld 1 1 0 12.0
                      3rd Eastside Crushers Keith Shupp 1 1 0 10.5
                      4th ABDG Misfits Andrew Frantz 0 2 0 9.0
                      5th Chain Smokers Scott Wood 0 2 0 7.0

Comment

TIES

Ties are popping up all over the place. Not just in individual matches but in whole matches. 11 individual matches this week ended in a tie. While 6 of the 20 teams have a match that ended in a tie.

This week Chain Damage won the match point over Dancing Cows by the total score tie breaker 569-576. Chain Damage had the only 7 player point for the 7-5 victory. Old Evil & Sassy won the tie breaker over Discrupters 641-647 but didn't have the 7 player point so the match ended in a draw 6-6. Defending Champion Darkhorse had the closest victory 550-552 over Putt This! and also didn't have the 7 player point and another match ended in a draw 6-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          Ties are popping up all over the place. Not just in individual matches but in whole matches. 11 individual matches this week ended in a tie. While 6 of the 20 teams have a match that ended in a tie.

This week Chain Damage won the match point over Dancing Cows by the total score tie breaker 569-576. Chain Damage had the only 7 player point for the 7-5 victory. Old Evil & Sassy won the tie breaker over Discrupters 641-647 but didn't have the 7 player point so the match ended in a draw 6-6. Defending Champion Darkhorse had the closest victory 550-552 over Putt This! and also didn't have the 7 player point and another match ended in a draw 6-6.

The trend I'm seeing is that as close as these matches are, won or lost by only a stroke or two indicates that the rating system is working. Everybody has a chance on any given day to win or lose. Yay Team Disc Golf!

Bob

Comment

I dont know how RR and GBP ended up with half points. There wasnt any matches that tied that I was aware of

Comment

I see what happened now. Camos second round has brodys rating entered in for it, not giving the proper handicap.

Comment

You're right. It's in cell D21 of "Week 2 Scores.xls" at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...%20Bonneville/ . Says 1025, should say 985. Updating it gives Camo the win in round 2 and changes your match result to 11-4.

1) I will let Sausage Fingers know, and he will get it updated. Maybe if he had something more slender to type with...

2) We are working on automating the completion of that rating field, such that it will basically fill itself out. Not only will this further reduce workload, but it will also eliminate that particular source of possible human error.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X