2011 TDG ratings Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I have posted some crappy things in my day, but that might be the worst

    Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    ... my comment was based on wes's attitude, not the strategy, which as you may remember, we came to an understanding about during the scrabble analogy... i guess by "some people" what i really meant was "wes hansen"...

    also, i am trying very hard to love how grumpy you are (because i do, i really do, jordan)... but dude, that dig about the championships? that hurts my feelings. that win is the coolest thing i have ever done, i have never worked so hard for anything in my life... i've never been so good at anything in my life... and i would appreciate people not making me feel bad about it.

    ... and, i'm sure already that i'm going to regret posting this... but, well... to quote the fridge magnet my hippie mama gave me, "speak your mind, even if your voice shakes"...
    I am very sorry for the uncalled-for grumpiness pointed in your direction. I got nothin but love for you Emma. Your accomplishments this year were amazing and you represent the ORDGC well as champion. You played fantastic and I am sorry to even try to put that in any kind of a bad light. It is incredible how your game has improved recently and to win the title on that killer course was a thing of beauty.

    I will strive to make it up to you in the future. I should have been able to make my point without that BS. You keep speaking your mind and calling me out when I screw up like this and maybe I will learn to STFU when I should.

    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      I am very sorry for the uncalled-for grumpiness pointed in your direction. I got nothin but love for you Emma. Your accomplishments this year were amazing and you represent the ORDGC well as champion. You played fantastic and I am sorry to even try to put that in any kind of a bad light. It is incredible how your game has improved recently and to win the title on that killer course was a thing of beauty.

      I will strive to make it up to you in the future. I should have been able to make my point without that BS. You keep speaking your mind and calling me out when I screw up like this and maybe I will learn to STFU when I should.

      Jordan you are a prince and a scholar, and you are one of the things I will miss the most about not playing team this year.
      Last edited by LegoRules; September 29th, 2011, 08:34 PM.
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

      Comment


      • #33
        Wow, and I was going to say that it did not seem to me like Jordan had slighted Emma, at least not intentionally, but he sure already said more than I ever could, and more eloquently, too. Good job.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

        Comment


        • #34
          God, I couldn't even bare to read all this nonsense. As my team captain, Wes, can I please ask, publicly, that we just go out there and have fun playing some disc golf, and play with some unity so we can have some shelter from the sh*t weather we'll all be enjoying?

          Comment


          • #35
            What we will be changing this year, as soon as I can get the formula right, is to limit the effect that playing below your rating has on your rating. Your rating will go down half as fast as it will go up.


            Watch as Team Skinny plays every stroke of every match to the best of our abilities all season long to win the championship!

            May the best golfers win
            Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by emmarose View Post

              like, everyone pushes the idea that it's all about having fun in crappy weather with awesome people.
              Um..... have you seen my teams line up?
              That's ALL we plan on doing (well that and kicking everyones asses)

              Team Golf is what you make it

              I don't expect to like everyone who participates.

              But it' seems like 99.7% of the people are pretty cool
              Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Denny View Post
                What we will be changing this year, as soon as I can get the formula right, is to limit the effect that playing below your rating has on your rating. Your rating will go down half as fast as it will go up.


                Watch as Team Skinny plays every stroke of every match to the best of our abilities all season long to win the championship!

                May the best golfers win
                Excellent attitude. I think our failure to address the issue of people intentionally tanking rounds to pad their handicap is a damned shame. Oh well, I guess.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                Comment


                • #38
                  TEAM ACE HOLES
                  PDGA # 31451
                  2 Mini Aces
                  74 Aces
                  PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                  DISC GOLF OR DIE
                  BOB CABAL
                  DISCVANGO
                  JEFF ELLIOT
                  G-MAN
                  JORDAN LEWIS
                  JEFF HAGERTY
                  JAMES GARCELON
                  SAM GIBSON

                  And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

                  George Carlin

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    "Artificially" Scott. I thought someone with your ego would at least take the time to spell correctly when trying to belittle someone.

                    Actually- NO Scott and Emma. I guess reading for comprehension isn't your strong suits. More than once I stated I play Pier poorly, NOT I PLAN to play Pier poorly. When I play Pier, such as in NAAC, my rating plummets. You could check my ratings at Pier this year if you continue to be confused. But if you make stuff up in your head it probably makes it easier to turn a legitimate question into an excuse to give snide responses. Way to chime in without any actual thought process first.

                    The suggestion of sandbagging in my case is pretty funny. My view is you have to be a good player in order to sandbag. Or perhaps I'm on a 12 year master plan culminating in going into TDG with a low rating! Got ya!

                    I'm sure there were other pearls of wisdom in the responses, but I have the folks I find annoying on "ignore."

                    THANK YOU Jordan for taking the time to answer my question.
                    Wes,

                    Thank you so much for pointing out my typo. Your attention to detail clearly proves that you are a much better person than I.

                    It appears that my question really got your panties in a bunch. I feel it was a pretty legitimate question that does not display a lack of reading comprehension.

                    Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    If I have to I can go to the preliminaries and embarrass myself with more poor rounds at Pier.... but I'd rather skip that debacle.
                    Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    So I get to go play Pier like shit again for the permanent record. Wonderful. Thanks.
                    Those two posts seem to indicate that you plan to shoot poorly at Pier. One can assume that you would do so to earn a lower rating.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      On a final note... I may not be a very good DGer, but out of the folks who wrote something snide here- I don't see one of you that I couldn't beat on the course 19 out of 20 times!
                      Even at Pier?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        i swear this is the last time...

                        ... (but it probably won't be ) that i post in the team golf thread...

                        i just want to be clear that i don't have a problem with team golf, okay, people? i'm not playing 'cause it's too much of a commitment and i'd like to spend the off season reconnecting with my family (never again will my niece, annabel, have to ask her mother, "mom, why don't you let auntie emma come and play with me anymore?" is your heart breaking right now? 'cause mine sure is)... i did have a ton of fun last year and i think it's a very cool thing full of very cool people who are totally awesome and i like to be around just about all of you... i don't hate team golf! i promise!

                        ... anyway, many moons ago there was some posts that made it seem as though there was a large percentage of folk that were sandbagging... i since have come to the understanding that this is not the case, but at the time was a little bit shocked and disillusioned...

                        also, i'm a little sensitive when it sounds like people would rather not be golfing and some of the posts sounded like that... and i just feel like, well, why bother then? just don't golf if you don't even like it...

                        so, i hope we're cool, people and i'll do my best to stop posting in the team golf thread when i'm feeling cranky... it just is so dang tempting, tho... so hard to resist drama...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Scott-

                          I was hoping no one would toss any more lines into the thread to see if I'd bite.

                          (Nice dig on my spelling dig. I really didn't put that much effort into how I was gonna zing you back and that was as good as I could do spur of the moment. You deserve better!)

                          Hopefully we can both see the humor in your trolling a thread you have nothing to do with to see if you can get my goat. (I remember a day when that was a suspend-able offense young man!)

                          Over and over you keep missing that I play Pier poorly NOT by choice, but because I'm not very good. Again, I encourage you to visit PDGA.com and look at my rated rounds (#19428). Either I really, truly, literally can't play Pier worth a darn, or, and I think this is what you must believe, that I have deliberately played Pier horribly for six PDGA rounds in order to enter TDG with a lower rating. Which seems, and I believe would be, friggin nuts!

                          And to respond to your other point.... In your case I think I could beat you even at Pier. (<I'm going to try to use that smilie as my "all in fun smack talk" notation). I'd worry more about playing you at Orchard. As the universe expands, do you think the holes there might grow?

                          So- are we good for now Scott or is there any more to hash over on what I had hoped would be a 2 post thread? I've been asked by HH to knock it off and I really want to, but I'll need you stop fishing, as I find your bait delicious. Me and Emma made up and I got the riff-raff on ignore, so the ball is totally in your court.

                          Let's go find something to argue with Sam about. On second thought....

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Scott-

                            I was hoping no one would toss any more lines into the thread to see if I'd bite.

                            (Nice dig on my spelling dig. I really didn't put that much effort into how I was gonna zing you back and that was as good as I could do spur of the moment. You deserve better!)

                            Hopefully we can both see the humor in your trolling a thread you have nothing to do with to see if you can get my goat. (I remember a day when that was a suspend-able offense young man!)

                            Over and over you keep missing that I play Pier poorly NOT by choice, but because I'm not very good. Again, I encourage you to visit PDGA.com and look at my rated rounds (#19428). Either I really, truly, literally can't play Pier worth a darn, or, and I think this is what you must believe, that I have deliberately played Pier horribly for six PDGA rounds in order to enter TDG with a lower rating. Which seems, and I believe would be, friggin nuts!

                            And to respond to your other point.... In your case I think I could beat you even at Pier. (<I'm going to try to use that smilie as my "all in fun smack talk" notation). I'd worry more about playing you at Orchard. As the universe expands, do you think the holes there might grow?

                            So- are we good for now Scott or is there any more to hash over on what I had hoped would be a 2 post thread? I've been asked by HH to knock it off and I really want to, but I'll need you stop fishing, as I find your bait delicious. Me and Emma made up and I got the riff-raff on ignore, so the ball is totally in your court.

                            Let's go find something to argue with Sam about. On second thought....
                            Take a look at your comments that I quoted above. They are not prefaced with "..if you go look at all my PDGA rated rounds at Pier...". There was nothing to idicate that your poor rounds would be anything but intentional. I guess I see your point, but I don't really realate to it. I mean, why would you go into a round assuming you're going to do poorly? That is such a defeatist attitude. Hell - everytime I play Milo I go into it with the attitude that I will finally break through and shoot under par. It hasn't happened yet, but I know that if I go into it with your atitude it never will.

                            Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Hopefully we can both see the humor in your trolling a thread you have nothing to do with to see if you can get my goat.
                            I was wondering when someone would throw that lame-ass argument out there. Just because I don't play TDG I'm not allowed in this thread? I'm not allowed an opinion? Believe it or not, I wasn't trolling. I was honestly curious about whether or not someone would purposely play crappy to bring down their rating - a concept that is pretty foreign to me. Sure - I probably wouldn't have said anything had the comment been made by someone else, so I guess I was trolling, a little.

                            Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            And to respond to your other point.... In your case I think I could beat you even at Pier. (<I'm going to try to use that smilie as my "all in fun smack talk" notation). I'd worry more about playing you at Orchard. As the universe expands, do you think the holes there might grow?
                            I'm not really sure what orifice you're pulling this out of. Is it because I run a weekly at Orchard I don't play anywhere else? Did you even know that other than TT, I only play there about three times a year? I'd be willing to bet that you could beat me at Pier, but 19 out of 20 times as you claimed? I'd be willing to bet no. But we'll never be able to settle that bet because that would mean you'd have to golf with me as much as 19 times. The one time we did golf together you couldn't even make it through the whole round.

                            Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Hopefully we can both see the humor in your trolling a thread you have nothing to do with to see if you can get my goat. (I remember a day when that was a suspend-able offense young man!)
                            Seriously? I don't think I've come anywhere near your level of stalker.

                            Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Let's go find something to argue with Sam about.
                            Now THAT is a suspend-able offense.



                            OK, we're good. Or as good as we're gonna get. Mostly because I have better things to do this afternoon.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              I think our failure to address the issue of people intentionally tanking rounds to pad their handicap is a damned shame. Oh well, I guess.
                              Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              What we will be changing this year, as soon as I can get the formula right, is to limit the effect that playing below your rating has on your rating. Your rating will go down half as fast as it will go up.
                              Looks to me like we ARE "addressing the issue of people intentionally tanking rounds to pad their handicap"!!! Now if they tank, they will only get half the benefit!
                              Last edited by TreeLove; September 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I say screw it no way to go but up ...meaning that if you have a bad round or two oh well ...try harder next time your rating not going down ...

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X