Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: 2011 TDG ratings

Dear Mr. Commissioner Sir,
    Will TDG ratings be using the current PDGA ratings for the season- or will the Oct 25 PDGA update be factored in after the first event?
    I had hoped the NAAC would show up in our rating before TDG started... as the only positive thing to come out my crappy play at the NAAC would be a healthy 10+ point drop in my rating- to start out with that extra stroke in TDG!
    If I have to I can go to the preliminaries and embarrass myself with more poor rounds at Pier.... but I'd rather skip that debacle.

Must be a question I should know the answer to.
    I'll just make one up.

Comment

You could probably find the answer to your question in the Team Disc Golf rules (always a good thing to read, especially if you're a captain and all). They're in the files section at www.teamdiscgolf.com (Since there's no sub-section for this season yet, check the rules under 2010-2011).

Comment

vapor trails taking you to school you should just stay home and call it a season...

Comment

Or you could find that exact information in the thread where I posted it at least twice that I can remember...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Thanks for the input Susie. It was just the helpful answer I was looking for.
            Well, not so much an answer. More snotty and useless.
            As a Captain I've read the damn rules. The answer to my question isn't in them! But, again, thanks for the invaluable response.

Sometimes the threads are lots to wade through and I didn't believe my question related to the TIMING of PDGA Ratings updates as per their yearly application to initial TDG ratings was covered in the rules or in any thread I've read.
            I'll start looking in the different TDG threads. Beginning with this year's posts and working backwards. I really thought I was up to date with this year's threads, but perhaps I missed it. Then I'll work backwards thru the years.

I can see how that would be easier than one knowledgeable person using a lot less words than all the other responses to just answer my question.

Oh, and shut up George, The Discrupters are gonna kick Vapor Tails asses. You'll be lucky to get a point out of the day! Better bring seven players...

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              No worries. Here's how we set ratings for TDG:
              1. Current PDGA members use their current rating at the start of TDG Oct 8/9
              I missed retaining the information in those six highlighted (note: I highlighted them for this post) characters. Out of the thousands of characters in the eleven, often tedious, pages of posts in the "Northwest Disc Golf News Forums > Disc Golf Events > Weekly/Monthly Series > Team Disc Golf > Team Disc Golf: Tdg 2011-12" thread, that level of one-time reading comprehension is astounding! I must be a friggin genius to have only missed that sliver of info. Glad to have found it buried there upon a second reading of 7 of those pages, as it isn't in the rules.

No NAAC in TDG ratings... I think. Because another post seems to indicate ALL PDGA events played in a year WILL be factored into TDG. So, I'm still a little uncertain I have an answer. However, at this point I'm good with just assuming an answer and letting someone correct me later if the subject ever comes up again. I'm easy.

So I get to go play Pier like shit again for the permanent record. Wonderful. Thanks.

(Hell, maybe VT will get lucky and play us there. Maybe they can get 2 points that day.)

Comment

Wow. You seemed bothered that no one had answered you; I offered an answer - the best one that I could come up with. Not to be "snotty and useless", but sincerely to be helpful. Lesson learned on my part.

See ya out on the course.

Comment

Probably another useless answer to your question, but a quick search of this forum with the keywords "ratings update", yielded the following information: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ratings+update

Comment

Actually, that seems helpful. But is it outdated?
                    To keep with my grumpy tone- that 2008 thread seemed refer to 2008 related rules in section 2.1.3, wherein "November" PDGA updates are referenced. Does this then somehow follow that ALL PDGA updates thru the year will be used? Thereby requiring TDG ratings be "reset" each time the PDGA releases new ratings at any point in the TDG season? Or only PDGA updates in November?

I'm just trying to understand the TDG ratings math, nothing more. If there's a good source I'd be gosh darn tickled if someone would point me at it.

Or at least correct my math in this here example.

Player a has a current PDGA rating of say- 920. They throw one round at the Pier prelims. It's a 880. I think they then go into the first TDG event with (I'm lost at this first step) a 900 TDG rating. {I realize it could be the x#PDGArounds+1TDG prelim Round for an entirely different answer. But if 900 is correct, player A then plays 2 singles matches at TDG#1 with 950 and 950 rounds, giving them a 925 for TDG#2. But the next day PDGA releases Player A's new rating of 895, giving them an newly adjusted TDG#2 rating of 910?

Or is it something entirely different?

While the math probably seems crystal clear once you have the formula down, it still must be a trough-load of work to stay on top of the ratings.

Thanks Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                      Wow. You seemed bothered that no one had answered you; I offered an answer - the best one that I could come up with. Not to be "snotty and useless", but sincerely to be helpful. Lesson learned on my part.

See ya out on the course.
                      Oh, and I semi-apologize Susie. It was the if-you're-a-Captain-you-should-know-the answer part that made me snap back. The information was not useless as I erroneously said. It just led me to having more questions. No disrespect intended on my part.

(As a smart-ass I will also point out that if I follow the rules as outlined in your referenced 2008 version, I'd be showing up for TDG at some odd times and places. Not to mention those Saturday teams left with nothing to do.
                      I know, I know... but I'm using irony for humorous affect.)

Comment

Realy Wes ...shut up ... realy ...wow.. I suggest you stay home when your team plays VAPOR TRAILS!!!! We don't play around ... and if I was you I would stay clear of me... just saying

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                          Realy Wes ...shut up ... realy ...wow.. I suggest you stay home when your team plays VAPOR TRAILS!!!! We don't play around ... and if I was you I would stay clear of me... just saying
                          Stay home? You mean like he did last year when we beat them 5-1 in the finals?

Comment

Love how much drama comes from a free league... and of course it all starts with the only team in the history of TDG to have a winless season. perhaps there is a better way to spend said time?

Comment

Dan you know it's "what ever" with me ...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X