Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
    Wise Elders:
    some spectacular prize that was worth cheating to get?

do not slam on the "coffee table"........
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

There was/is bagging every match every week in some form or another. Almost all of it is subtle and very minor, but it does occur. If you do not see it, go back and look at the ratings of the team that won it all for the duration of the season. I am 100% behind a "no bagging" rule. If Gawain can work some high powered exel magic, and the captains can agree then you would see a lot fewer individual matches won by a single stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
        If Gawain can work some high powered exel magic, and the captains can agree then you would see a lot fewer individual matches won by a single stroke.
        That is an interesting observation. I thought that the number of matches coming down to a single stroke was an indication that the handicapping system was working a lot better than previous years...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I know some folks and teams on Saturday who admittedly bagged strokes. Its not cool and hopefully you do figure out a way to stop it from happening. It is hard to believe people want to win a free league so bad they will cheat to do it. It must be a killer coffee table.

Comment

I bagged. we all know this.
            I dont want to bag and would like to play according to rating the entire coming season. If I get beat one on one, honestly I could care less.
            This is simply off-season practice for mass amounts of fun.
            I second the idea of ratings being weighted towards going up than to be balanced. weight distributed 90% up/10% down.

Comment

Interesting that the strategy of bagging is now being called "cheating". Please show me where in the rules it says that you HAVE to make your putts. Please also show me where it is not a good idea to win by a stroke or two more than the handicap difference.

You may not like this part of the game... but in a handicapped league, this is not cheating... it is strategy.

Just sayin'...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                but in a handicapped league, this is not cheating... it is strategy.
                Wow, wisdom from Sammy! Nicely done sir!

Comment

two points to the witty albino
                  way to go partner. see you this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    That is an interesting observation. I thought that the number of matches coming down to a single stroke was an indication that the handicapping system was working a lot better than previous years...

Apparently DMZzzzzzzzz is still bitter about making it to the "big show" only to come up horribly short when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by kel View Post
                      Apparently DMZzzzzzzzz is still bitter about making it to the "big show" only to come up horribly short when it counted.
                      Well, they breezed through the minor league play like a hot knife through butter, but were somehow surprised by the level of play when they moved up to the big boys in the finals...

Comment

Originally posted by kel View Post
                        Kel hit the nail on the head! Choke artists!!
                        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Interesting that the strategy of bagging is now being called "cheating". Please show me where in the rules it says that you HAVE to make your putts. Please also show me where it is not a good idea to win by a stroke or two more than the handicap difference.

You may not like this part of the game... but in a handicapped league, this is not cheating... it is strategy.

Just sayin'...
                          Yeah I'm just saying too... It's cheating if you really want a handicapped league to work the way it is intended to. Or else you would not be having a problem figuring out how to stop it.

Comment

Look at that black man! What a honkey!

Dude... it's not cheating. Learn the game or learn to STFU. Seriously. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. And yes... I run a handicapped league, as well. And no... I wouldn't dream of trying to stop people from employing strategy.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Look at that black man! What a honkey!

Dude... it's not cheating. Learn the game or learn to STFU. Seriously. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. And yes... I run a handicapped league, as well. And no... I wouldn't dream of trying to stop people from employing strategy.
                              Mr. Tact strikes again.

Comment

Nope I feel it is cheating and for you to encourage it at your league is a shame. But thanks for th STFU that was classy sir.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X