X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah... I won't be able to make it on January 1st. Perhaps we want to not put a TDG event on the biggest hangover day of the year?
    Nice try but definitely not fair to the Saturday teams that had to play last year on New Years Day. That was part of the discussion at the time: if Saturday teams had to last year then the Sunday teams would have to this year.

Comment

That's ridiculous. It was a horrible idea for last year and it is a horrible-r idea for this year. There is likely to not even be the same folks playing on Saturday so who is it not fair to again? People from the past?
      “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
      ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

There is likely to not even be the same folks playing on Saturday so who is it not fair to again? People from the past?

so what your saying here Sam is that if 1 or 2 of the teams from Sat. dont come back......that its unfair for you to have to play NYD this year.....

maybe curtail your drinking for 1 day this coming year, then no problems the next day.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Pffft... I was hoping to do something cool this year for New Year's... and was hoping to not have to stay in town to do it.

But it is super swell to meet you, Mr. Pot.
          “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
          ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

But it is super swell to meet you, Mr. Pot.

umm are you referring to me that i get so drunk that i cant make it out to play disc?? or is this some other reference?

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
              umm are you referring to me that i get so drunk that i cant make it out to play disc?? or is this some other reference?
              Has this ever happened to me? Nope. So... not sure what you were implying in the first place. I was referencing the "curtail your drinking for one day" comment, anyway.
              ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Has this ever happened to me? Nope. So... not sure what you were implying in the first place. I was referencing the "curtail your drinking for one day" comment, anyway.
                oh trust and believe Sam i do go more than 1 day with out a drink quite often thanks for playing though.

as for what i was referring to it was this

Originally posted by Sam
                Yeah... I won't be able to make it on January 1st. Perhaps we want to not put a TDG event on the biggest hangover day of the year?

that sure seems like a comment from some1 that is gonna have a couple to many and be hungover...all i was saying is that maybe this year you should not be hungover??? it is only 1 day out of the next 6 years of TDG.

Comment

So in that playoff scenario not everyone would play a final championship game? Lame! If teams don't want to show up to playoff for 14 th n 15 th place maybe don't sign up a team at all.

Comment

Well, that's an opinion. One I thought I shared in, in fact. But last year's attendance for the finals proved otherwise. I am leaning toward that proposed NCAA format. Everyone will be tempted by the fact that anyone can still win, and once you're out, you can still come out and caddy, play casual, volunteer, or just stay home. As far as the schedule, I would say please add a prelim (or week 1!) weekend at Milo. No way I could wait all season to play there, with the (unlikely) possibility of being knocked out after one day of play.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Well, that's an opinion. One I thought I shared in, in fact. But last year's attendance for the finals proved otherwise. I am leaning toward that proposed NCAA format. Everyone will be tempted by the fact that anyone can still win, and once you're out, you can still come out and caddy, play casual, volunteer, or just stay home. As far as the schedule, I would say please add a prelim (or week 1!) weekend at Milo. No way I could wait all season to play there, with the (unlikely) possibility of being knocked out after one day of play.
                      I agree with all of this.
                      ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        I am loathe to add any more weeks than we already have to the schedule, but we could eliminate the duplications in the schedule, and maybe even the Prelims if enough TDG players have actual ratings (either current PDGA members or played PDGA events this year or played last year). I would love to add Stubb to the mix but it is still a pretty rough course and would take a while to get around the course twice so we would need to use that course early or late.

Here's another whack at it:

Week 1 – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: Sorosis Park– 9a
                        Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Trojan Park - 9a
                        Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: N Bonneville – 8x
                        Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: Horning’s Canyon Course – 8x
                        Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Pier Park – 8a
                        Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 10th/11th: Dabney State Park – 8a
                        Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Timber Park – 8x
                        Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: Adair County Park– 8x
                        Playoffs R1 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: McIver State Park – 9a
                        Playoffs R2 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: McIver State Park – 9a
                        Championships - Saturday/Sunday February 25th/26th: McIver State Park – 9a

Sure wish we could include Stubb Stewart, what an amazing and difficult course. Great course layout and flow too.
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353
                        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                          Sure wish we could include Stubb Stewart, what an amazing and difficult course. Great course layout and flow too.
                          It is purely a time based decision. It is too hard to get everybody through that course twice in limited daylight. Add in the fact that it could be snowed in very easily and it makes for a bad combo.

I like the mix of courses that we have now.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

It is purely a time based decision. It is too hard to get everybody through that course twice in limited daylight. Add in the fact that it could be snowed in very easily and it makes for a bad combo.

that drive on that section of hwys 26 and 47 can be very very sketchy in the wintertime and they don't always plow that park road up to the hilltop day use area... besides it just being a trek to get threw the course...
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

How many players should a team have ideally? Is there room for new teams?
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Makes sense, I cannot disagree with your logic. I'm just a big fan of Stubb.
                                PDGA# 49616
                                Stumptown# 353
                                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X