Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Chain Damage will have seven players and will be at all matches. Any schedule. Team Chain Damage.
    CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
      Team MaCo? (We'd take you)
      ... tempting, morgan, sooooo tempting. you know how i love all you mason county boys! if my shack ever falls down and i have to move in with auntie mo and uncle tom (or chris and melody, troy and shannon... just live in uncle tom's cabin down at the river...) i would so be in...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Team disc golf rules!

My Team is in for next season, and since we dominated the Saturday league we earned the right to play on Sunday. We like the longer schedule and I agree with Hemmerling in that I like playing all the different courses in the area. I also think a few tweaks to the playoffs/finals is a good idea. Is it October yet?

Comment

I had a blast last year, I'm totally in for October. The Longer the season the better. Milo 2-day finals was grueling, and the no shows really frustrating. But I agree with Emma, I was there to play DG and would have played with any count of people there. That weekend would have been nice to stretch to 2-separate weekends though. Based on the count of people missing I think the vote was with their feet.
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353
          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I would like a 2 weekend finals.
            could be more fun that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
              I would like a 2 weekend finals.
              could be more fun that way.
              I am leaning towards a method of having the finals more spread out.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              I値l not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                I am leaning towards a method of having the finals more spread out.

I agree with this idea. I would also like to see more interconference play like two years ago. This whole myth of Sunday teams being better then Saturday teams needs to be put down like the sick beat down horse it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                  I agree with this idea. I would also like to see more interconference play like two years ago. This whole myth of Sunday teams being better then Saturday teams needs to be put down like the sick beat down horse it is.
                  I doubt that it is a myth, as we will see this season now that you are playing in the National League...you know, that league who's champion whooped up on the American League's champs...

The biggest problem with interconference play is the Saturday teams want to play on Saturdays and the Sunday teams want to play on Sundays. The year that we had fewer Saturday teams, I heard no end of complaint from the Sunday teams who had to play on Saturdays.

And while I would love to see some kind of interconference play in TDG, I have yet to see a good plan to put this into effect...

I am open to any and all suggestions so if you can think of a way to get it done I will listen to it and see if it will fly with the other captains.

The best thing to come out of last year was the improvement in the player ratings. At least we won't have to screw around with that part of TDG next year.

Comment

If you make championships two weekend the teams who aren't going to show up won't show up for two weekends. I'm not a fan of wild cards. Play well in reg season and you will be rewarded with a shot at the title. By the end of the season last year I was ready to be done. A one weekend final is best. Griplok

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                      If you make championships two weekend the teams who aren't going to show up won't show up for two weekends. I'm not a fan of wild cards. Play well in reg season and you will be rewarded with a shot at the title. By the end of the season last year I was ready to be done. A one weekend final is best. Griplok
                      The idea was put forth last year about playing to seed the top 8 from each day into a NCAA-type bracket finals. It would look something like this:

Round 1 - First week of playoffs
                      SAT
                      Match 1: ST8 v ST1
                      Match 2: ST7 v ST2
                      Match 3: ST6 v ST3
                      Match 4: ST5 v ST4

SUN
                      Match 1: SU8 v SU1
                      Match 2: SU7 v SU2
                      Match 3: SU6 v SU3
                      Match 4: SU5 v SU4

Round 2 - Second week of playoffs
                      SAT
                      Match 1: M3 Winner v M1 Winner
                      Match 2: M4 Winner v M2 Winner

SUN

Championship Weekend
                      SAT
                      Match 1: SUN M2 Winner v SAT M1 Winner
                      Match 2: SAT M2 Winner v SUN M1 Winner

SUN
                      M1 Winner v M2 Winner

Now while this format still has a final weekend that takes both days, only the 2 teams playing for the championship would be required to play both days and I don't see either of those teams lacking motivation to come out and play for the trophy.

In this format the schedule would look like this:

Preliminaries – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: Pier Park – 9a
                      Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Sorosis Park– 9a
                      Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: Horning’s Canyon Course – 8x
                      Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: N Bonneville – 8x
                      Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Pier Park – 8a
                      Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 10th/11th: Dabney State Park – 8a
                      Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Timber Park – 8x
                      Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: McIver State Park– 8x
                      Playoffs R1 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: Trojan Park – 9a
                      Playoffs R2 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: Adair County Park – 9a
                      Championships - Saturday/Sunday February 25th/26th: McIver State Park – 9a

The first 7 weeks would only be used to seed the teams into the tourney giving even the 8th best team from each day a chance to win it all. It also cuts down on the number of peeps that would be forced to come out and play at the end of the season...

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; July 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM. Reason: switched up SAT matchups on Championship SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        The idea was put forth last year about playing to seed the top 8 from each day into a NCAA-type bracket finals. It would look something like this:

Round 1 - First week of playoffs
                        SAT
                        Match 1: ST8 v ST1
                        Match 2: ST7 v ST2
                        Match 3: ST6 v ST3
                        Match 4: ST5 v ST4

SUN
                        Match 1: SU8 v SU1
                        Match 2: SU7 v SU2
                        Match 3: SU6 v SU3
                        Match 4: SU5 v SU4

Round 2 - Second week of playoffs
                        SAT

SUN

Championship Weekend
                        SAT
                        Match 1: SUN M2 Winner v SAT M1 Winner
                        Match 2: SAT M2 Winner v SUN M1 Winner

SUN
                        M1 Winner v M2 Winner

Now while this format still has a final weekend that takes both days, only the 2 teams playing for the championship would be required to play both days and I don't see either of those teams lacking motivation to come out and play for the trophy.

In this format the schedule would look like this:

Preliminaries – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: Pier Park – 9a
                        Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Sorosis Park– 9a
                        Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: Horning’s Canyon Course – 8x
                        Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: N Bonneville – 8x
                        Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Pier Park – 8a
                        Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 10th/11th: Dabney State Park – 8a
                        Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Timber Park – 8x
                        Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: McIver State Park– 8x
                        Playoffs R1 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: Trojan Park – 9a
                        Playoffs R2 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: Adair County Park – 9a

The first 7 weeks would only be used to seed the teams into the tourney giving even the 8th best team from each day a chance to win it all. It also cuts down on the number of peeps that would be forced to come out and play at the end of the season...

Once again you have come up with an excellent and detailed plan that would appear to be solid. I completely support this playoff schedule. My only suggestion would be to add a week or two to the season to allow the playoffs to happen at Milo while not eliminating any of the courses currently in the rotation. Also I think we should consider LL Stub Stewart as another course for TDG.

Comment

Mr. Lewis is again proposing a JAN 1st event. Perhaps Sunday teams should complain NOW rather than wait until mid-December to do so.

That playoff system looks good.

Stewart instead of one of those two Gorge courses! R. Rock? Why travel so far for bad weather and marginal courses when we can get both closer to home?

Blue Lake this year? (When will it be playable?)

Anyone want to play TDG AND will attend 75% or more of all events PM me.
                          3 committed players wanted for Saturday team. Last season's worst team seeks improvement.
                          Prefer either very good golfers or anyone willing to play in crappy conditions after getting up way too early. Sense of humor a must. Cooks welcome. Must have own cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                            Once again you have come up with an excellent and detailed plan that would appear to be solid. I completely support this playoff schedule. My only suggestion would be to add a week or two to the season to allow the playoffs to happen at Milo while not eliminating any of the courses currently in the rotation. Also I think we should consider LL Stub Stewart as another course for TDG.
                            I am loathe to add any more weeks than we already have to the schedule, but we could eliminate the duplications in the schedule, and maybe even the Prelims if enough TDG players have actual ratings (either current PDGA members or played PDGA events this year or played last year). I would love to add Stubb to the mix but it is still a pretty rough course and would take a while to get around the course twice so we would need to use that course early or late.

Here's another whack at it:

Week 1 – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: Sorosis Park– 9a
                            Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Trojan Park - 9a
                            Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: N Bonneville – 8x
                            Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: Horning’s Canyon Course – 8x
                            Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Pier Park – 8a
                            Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 10th/11th: Dabney State Park – 8a
                            Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Timber Park – 8x
                            Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: Adair County Park– 8x
                            Playoffs R1 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: McIver State Park – 9a
                            Playoffs R2 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: McIver State Park – 9a

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; July 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM. Reason: Stubb in January will be snowed in...

Comment

I cant wait to play in the cold.

Comment

Yeah... I won't be able to make it on January 1st. Perhaps we want to not put a TDG event on the biggest hangover day of the year?
                                的 believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that痴 in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I値l know I知 a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I知 not sure, but it痴 possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.
                                ~Annika Srenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X