Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
    Jordan,
    Will there be a captains meeting on the 16th (This Friday)? or will it be a different day?
    I feel like shite today for some reason...but that wasn't the questions asked now was it?

I have gone back and forth on this for a while now and I do not think that we will have a captains meeting this year. We will probably have an informal pow-wow at Trojan with the peeps on Friday evening. I will be out at the course all day helping to set up the course, so we may have a little get together to hammer out the final plan on what courses we play which weeks this year. That seems to be the only thing we need to tackle this year.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      I feel like shite today for some reason...but that wasn't the questions asked now was it?

I have gone back and forth on this for a while now and I do not think that we will have a captains meeting this year. We will probably have an informal pow-wow at Trojan with the peeps on Friday evening. I will be out at the course all day helping to set up the course, so we may have a little get together to hammer out the final plan on what courses we play which weeks this year. That seems to be the only thing we need to tackle this year.

Hmm, Should I pack my Trojan bag (the discs I plan to put in the drink) and get there early to play the ORDGC layout before the meeting?
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Originally posted by jdinteg View Post

Hmm, Should I pack my Trojan bag (the discs I plan to put in the drink) and get there early to play the ORDGC layout before the meeting?
        That sounds like a banner idea!

Comment

Fat Drunk & Stupid is no way to go through life, son...
          But it sure is fun!
          “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
          ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

• Dam it has been way to long since i last posted. Good to see Sam still alive and kicking. This is for Wes we should play in the Dalles twice drop pier off the schedual and make a second trip to the Dalles. Jordan make this happen chop chop old man.

P.S. I think Jeff Hemmerling is a girl dressed like a boy.
            X - Man

Comment

• Chain damage

Our team will play wherever the schedule takes us. Thank you for TEAM GOLF! Chain Damage
              CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                Damn Keith, you better pipe down.
                I see you picked up Joe G. He was too scared to play on Sunday and lose to me again

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                  Damn Keith, you better pipe down.
                  I see you picked up Joe G. He was too scared to play on Sunday and lose to me again
                  Your lucky we were able to pick Joe up because we were going after Hagerty next.
                  X - Man

Comment

• When I first read this, I thought it was going to be the variation on your team name for this year.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    Fat Drunk & Stupid is no way to go through life, son...

Comment

Your lucky we were able to pick Joe up because we were going after Hagerty next.
                      It's about time somebody spells his name right.
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Dam it has been way to long since i last posted. Good to see Sam still alive and kicking. This is for Wes we should play in the Dalles twice drop pier off the schedual and make a second trip to the Dalles. Jordan make this happen chop chop old man.

And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen is how you roll the smack old school! Good to have you back Keith!

Saturday is locked and loaded for the season, all we are waiting on is for Wes to find his full roster for Sunday. So if you are on the outside looking in, better get off the stick and get to bugging Wes to let you on the team!

We are about to kick the tires and light the fires. This is what I am thinking for the schedule for 2011-12:

Preliminaries – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: Pier Park – 9a
                        Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Sorosis Park– 9a
                        Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: N Bonneville – 8x
                        Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: Horning’s Canyon Course – 8x
                        Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Pier Park – 8a
                        Week 5 - Saturday/Sunday December 10th/11th: Dabney State Park – 8a
                        Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Timber Park – 8x
                        Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: McIver State Park– 8x
                        Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: Trojan Park – 9a
                        Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: Adair County Park – 9a
                        Championships - Saturday/Sunday February 25th/26th: McIver State Park – 9a

Please note that the start times change from event to event as the daylight gets shorter and longer throughout the season.

The PRELIMINARIES:

4 rounds of disc golf over 2 days Sat & Sun Oct 8 & 9.

The first weekend is for setting handicaps for the new players that do not have current PDGA ratings. If you are a new player to TDG please make sure that you get at least 1 round in sometime during this weekend's 4 rounds. If you fail to do so you will play your first match with a rating of 1000.

All players may show up and play as many of these 4 rounds as they wish. We will have a short hello and explanation of how TDG works and I'll hand out scorecards and you can figure out your own groups to play the course. Please do not play in groups larger than 5 for speed of play. The morning round will go faster than the afternoon round.

Each round will get a rating and the sum of the round ratings for all team members will be used to seed each day's 10 teams into 2 divisions for regular season head-to-head play.

The scores will be recorded and the head-to-head schedule will be posted and away we go with Oregon Team Disc Golf 2011-2012...

Comment

• Chain damage

CHAIN DAMAGE

Comment

And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen is how

The first weekend is for setting handicaps for the new players that do not have current PDGA ratings. If you are a new player to TDG please make sure that you get at least 1 round in sometime during this weekend's 4 rounds. If you fail to do so you will play your first match with a rating of 1000.

oh ok sweet, so ill just miss the first weekend and get a lower rating by default. see you guys on the 23rd!

Comment

And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen is how you roll the smack old school! Good to have you back Keith!

Saturday is locked and loaded for the season, all we are waiting on is for Wes to find his full roster for Sunday. So if you are on the outside looking in, better get off the stick and get to bugging Wes to let you on the team!

We are about to kick the tires and light the fires. This is what I am thinking for the schedule for 2011-12:

Please note that the start times change from event to event as the daylight gets shorter and longer throughout the season.

The PRELIMINARIES:

4 rounds of disc golf over 2 days Sat & Sun Oct 8 & 9.

All players may show up and play as many of these 4 rounds as they wish. We will have a short hello and explanation of how TDG works and I'll hand out scorecards and you can figure out your own groups to play the course. Please do not play in groups larger than 5 for speed of play. The morning round will go faster than the afternoon round.

Each round will get a rating and the sum of the round ratings for all team members will be used to seed each day's 10 teams into 2 divisions for regular season head-to-head play.

The scores will be recorded and the head-to-head schedule will be posted and away we go with Oregon Team Disc Golf 2011-2012...

Can't wait to get started!!!

Comment

This is my ideas for this year's schedule. I think we should have the Pre-lims at Milo, as maybe the 36 layout would still be up from Hab-rec. I also think we should play Pier on New Year's day as it is the most centrally located, and would be easier for people to get to in bad weather. If we Pre-lim at Milo, we could drop Milo from the late season schedule and add rooster. I also think we should start EVERY week at 8am to make it consistent and avoid confusion. It will also give us more time at the end of the days.

Preliminaries – Saturday/Sunday October 8th/9th: McIver – 8a
                                Week 1 - Saturday/Sunday October 22nd/23rd: Sorosis Park– 8a
                                Week 2 - Saturday/Sunday November 5th/6th: N Bonneville – 8a
                                Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday November 19th/20th: Horning’s Canyon – 8a
                                Week 4 - Saturday/Sunday December 3rd/4th: Timber Park – 8a
                                Week 6 - Saturday/Sunday December 31st/1st: Pier Park – 8x
                                Week 7 - Saturday/Sunday January 14th/15th: Rooster Rock - 8a
                                Week 8 - Saturday/Sunday January 28th/29th: Trojan Park – 8a
                                Week 9 - Saturday/Sunday February 11th/12th: Adair County Park – 8a
                                Championships - Saturday/Sunday February 25th/26th: McIver State Park – 8a

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X