X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGOD - Ace or Die!

Will be there. Address to Stoney McGee's?
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      DGOD - Ace or Die!

Will be there. Address to Stoney McGee's?
      Stoney McGee's is eastsiiide, PM me for the directions. I may need to get them myself so it may take me a day or so...

We will be voting on the schedule mostly, new captains get 1 vote and returning captains get 2 votes and the commish gets a vote and ultimate veto power. But we can entertain rules changes like how we figure ratings etc.

Yes, Mr. Stern, you are again acting captain for Good Bad & Sassy and would hold two votes to cast at the meeting. Thanks Wes, I will endeavor to cast your two votes wisely.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• I will be there ..and need to know were to go :-)

Comment

• A final schedule thought....
          re: Gorge courses vs. blue lake/other courses vs. time to play....
          Why not start early one week and play blue lake rather than a Gorge course?
          Then we have time to play and most folks still get to sleep longer than if they had to drive half way to Boise to play. Blue Lake compared to Bonnie or The D is a no brainer and with the cost of gas it's a wise move as well. Any course close is better than poor courses far away.
          And why don't we play Rooster Rock?!

Comment

• Blue Lake isn't a course yet. Some would argue that Rooster Rock is still not a course.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• My understanding was BL would be in during the season.

RR not a course? Who says? It has more characteristics of a course than Lunchtime or several other courses. (Though Lunchtime would make for a better location than either Gorge course.)

The Dalles is dangerous, boring and not worth the drive. It would make a nice 9-hole course though.

Comment

• Wes you should talk to big winds about driving...and I wouldn't bash there courses

Just my 2 cents

Comment

• Wes that's two Sunday teams
                  For you

Comment

• I'm not bashing "anyone's" course. I'm stating my opinion of "a" course.
                    For a couple years the 9 hole in Eugene was "my" course. It really sucked as "a" course.

And I realize BW drives far to nearly every event... and that they make up just 5% of TDG.
                    I was thinking of the other 95% of TDG.

I got 3c!

(You can't go back and edit your double post to respond to a post I made after your post. It makes you look like a clairvoyant or a genius!)
                    Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Big Winds ROCKS!

1. As long as Big Winds fields a team and drives a lot farther than any other team we WILL be playing the 2 courses with tee pads in the gorge. I am trying to get them both played early in the season this year to try and keep us out of the snow/ice problems that can plague those courses later in the winter.

2. Blue Lake does not have a disc golf course in the ground yet, and when it does it will be longer than Milo without the nice shelters for TC that you get at Milo. We are playing Winter golf, we need daylight to play. So maybe after this course is in and has had some time to mature we could add it to the list either early or late in the season when we have more daylight. The same could be said for Stubb Stewart, but I don't see you championing the use of that course...probably because it isn't right near where you live...

3. Rooster Rock is not a course because no other course separates their 9 hole sets with a mile drive between them. 'Nuff Said!

4. You will notice that we will be playing more short courses than long courses during OTDG. This is a handicapped league designed for all levels of play and doesn't cater to the long arm players.

5. Starting early may sound like it is easy to do, but would you be in favor of starting early at The Dalles? You know, when it is YOU that has to drive the long distance just to get to the course...

These are long held gripes that seem to come up each and every season, and I respond with the same logical reasons to these questions time and time again.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by George A. View Post
                        I will be there ..and need to know were to go :-)
                        You know where to go. Have you not noticed the "Stoney McGees" sign in my basement?

Comment

• And THAT (being Mr. Lewis' post) is why I proxy my votes to the Commissioner...
                          I might have 3c and George another 2c, but that Jordan Lewis has a whole dollar!

Comment

• I retract my Friday availability, at least on any Friday preceding a 2-day PDGA tourney I am playing in. Therefore, Friday Sep. 16 does not work for me, but Friday, Sep. 23 would be OK.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                              And THAT (being Mr. Lewis' post) is why I proxy my votes to the Commissioner...
                              I might have 3c and George another 2c, but that Jordan Lewis has a whole dollar!
                              Just my 2cents but I believe Mr. Fingers has more "cents" than all of us put together.

BTW.........Did I ever mention how good is going to feel to knock some "cents" into Vapor Trails on the course?

Bob

Comment

• Looks like my weekday availability is going to be changing as of Monday. I may have someone else go in my stead or give my votes to the commish to do as he see's best for us all.
                                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X