Oregon Team Disc Golf Championships Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
    I will bet that at least one team (probably from Saturday) will not return next year. Besides, there is not enough room on an 18 hole course for twelve teams.

    This brings up a question for you Jordan:

    If one of the current Sunday teams does not return next year does that mean that no Sunday team needs to be relegated to Saturday?

    I am upset that either D&D or Vapor Trails will be sent to the "minors". Both those teams have been with us for many years and I will miss playing (and seeing) long-time friends.
    Not to worry Jeff, if our team were to be relegated to moving to Saturday it would be without me, and I wouldn't be playing TDG next.

    Bob

    Comment


    • #17
      Griplok is looking forward to quaffers!!!!!! why does everyone want to play on sundays anyway?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
        Why does everyone want to play on sundays anyway?
        Good question. Better competition? Jordan runs Sundays better than Keith runs Saturday? Better quaffers?

        Not everyone does though. Some of the Rockwood members want to move to Saturday next year. I think many of the Saturday players are happy with that day because it works with their schedule, as are Sunday players. I know if Putt This were forced to move to Saturday I would lose at least two members because it conflicts with work. Sometimes I wish we played on Saturday because it would be nice to have a "day off" before work on Monday.

        All that said, I am looking forward to seeing and playing with the whole Saturday crew on championship weekend.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DanD View Post
          Looks like each team only plays one round each day, am I missing something? I keep seeing 4rounds of golf for the finals posted.
          I got the same impression at first glance, but carefully re-read, and you will see that you will play one round on East and one round on West each day.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
            Good question. Better competition? Jordan runs Sundays better than Keith runs Saturday? Better quaffers?

            Not everyone does though. Some of the Rockwood members want to move to Saturday next year. I think many of the Saturday players are happy with that day because it works with their schedule, as are Sunday players. I know if Putt This were forced to move to Saturday I would lose at least two members because it conflicts with work. Sometimes I wish we played on Saturday because it would be nice to have a "day off" before work on Monday.

            All that said, I am looking forward to seeing and playing with the whole Saturday crew on championship weekend.
            We like Saturdays because Hemmerling is on Sundays and we dont have to see him in that dress bending over all the time. I have heard that Sam likes to watch Jeff bend over and pick up dimes that is why he plays Sundays.
            X - Man

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
              Griplok is looking forward to quaffers!!!!!! why does everyone want to play on sundays anyway?


              Hot Poop likes Saturday's Our team last year was given the option to move to Sunday when Crusties turned down the move, and we turned it down too. I think their may be fewer teams than you think that want to move.

              Cindy
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                If one of the current Sunday teams does not return next year does that mean that no Sunday team needs to be relegated to Saturday?
                yes

                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                  I am expecting the Saturday TDs to bring lots of quaffer material too!
                  It will be like a buffet of alcoholic bliss..

                  Speaking of alcoholic bliss, we will be bringing our delicious Apple Pie drink to share with everyone for the championships.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Oh Yeah!

                    Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                    Speaking of alcoholic bliss, we will be bringing our delicious Apple Pie drink to share with everyone for the championships.
                    Nothin says Championship better than hot Apple Pie drinks!

                    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                      Speaking of alcoholic bliss, we will be bringing our delicious Apple Pie drink to share with everyone for the championships.
                      LOVE button!!
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        LOVE button!!
                        Isn't that Dan's nickname for you?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          Isn't that Dan's nickname for you?
                          No smack from donut teams!
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You may find this hard to believe, but I think all the smack talk has been sucked right out of me.
                            0-8/9 tends to do that.
                            What...







                            - no, no smack talk.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                              You may find this hard to believe, but I think all the smack talk has been sucked right out of me.
                              Another sign of the apocalypse.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                                Another sign of the apocalypse.
                                PDGA # 31451
                                2 Mini Aces
                                74 Aces
                                PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                                DISC GOLF OR DIE
                                BOB CABAL
                                DISCVANGO
                                JEFF ELLIOT
                                G-MAN
                                JORDAN LEWIS
                                JEFF HAGERTY
                                JAMES GARCELON
                                SAM GIBSON

                                And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

                                George Carlin

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X