X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Week 8 Trojan ~ under water

I went out to Trojan yesterday with Sines, and we both shot really well given the conditions and water levels. If you want to see the pictures they are posted on my FB page. The only area in trouble because of high water was hole 8, where the basket was actually completely surrounded by water. 10 was close to the water, about a foot, but we both still birdied it. The path from 8 to 9 was however under a foot of water. I think with waterproof boots it should be fun!

Trojan Water

It would be nice to have a final determination on conditions by someone out there before the match - Alternate holes could be setup if needed. It would also be nice to have predetermined drop zones on all water holes, so we don't have to keep throwing discs into the water from the t-pad.

Maybe Tom and the OLE crew can determine some of these things - this weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

OLE this weekend? Sunday?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        OLE this weekend? Sunday?
        Saturday.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Damn... same day as Ice Bowl...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

where the action always is.

anyways, unless there is a mass of rain coming over the next week or so, I personally dont think any changes will be needed for the course.
            most of the places that were "too deep" were in places that were not part of the course.
            If anything, the course will just play a little tighter.

stephen

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Damn... same day as Ice Bowl...
              I feel your pain Sam. I really wish it was Sunday too. See you at Ice Bowl LT.
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I'm concerned about the environmental impact on Trojan if we play out there in two weeks. It's underwater now and certainly won't dry out in the next couple of weeks. The ground has to be saturated now and isn't going to get better. If they have the Ole out there next weekend and run 50-60 people around the course for two rounds, then in just another week we hold OTDG out there and run 70 people a day two rounds around the course it will tear the hell of it. Do we really want to do this?

Bob

Comment

Land Shark

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  I'm concerned about the environmental impact on Trojan if we play out there in two weeks......?

Bob
                  If I step on a six legged frog, or smash my disk into a 3-eyed fish, I would feel terrible.

All joking aside, it could be a muddy mess when everyone gets done with both OLY and OTDG. I will be over there tomorrow morning, and possibly Friday to practice my hopeful victory over Disc-ruptures , and avoiding the doughnut Darr so aptly pointed out. I'm happy to report my finds and take a few pics of the bad spots.

DMZ and Steve Sines took some great pics out there Sunday. Those two might be the best people to tell us what they thought about the course, and if it would sustain that much foot traffic in its current condition.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Nice, maybe we will get to play Adair after all...

*** NOT AN OFFICIAL OTDG POST ***
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Nice, maybe we will get to play Adair after all...

*** NOT AN OFFICIAL OTDG POST ***
                      It is my understanding that we ARE playing Adair the last regular season match.

While I am not worried about playing Trojan in the knee deep water I think Bob brings up a valid point. The impact of that many players would create a mess. I think that we should see how the OLE goes this weekend and make our decision based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                        While I am not worried about playing Trojan in the knee deep water I think Bob brings up a valid point. The impact of that many players would create a mess. I think that we should see how the OLE goes this weekend and make our decision based on that.
                        and then are you going to go to each player's house and let them all know the venue has changed...and then again just before the match for all of those players who 'forgot' the match venue has changed...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                          If I step on a six legged frog, or smash my disk into a 3-eyed fish, I would feel terrible.

All joking aside, it could be a muddy mess when everyone gets done with both OLY and OTDG. I will be over there tomorrow morning, and possibly Friday to practice my hopeful victory over Disc-ruptures , and avoiding the doughnut Darr so aptly pointed out. I'm happy to report my finds and take a few pics of the bad spots.

DMZ and Steve Sines took some great pics out there Sunday. Those two might be the best people to tell us what they thought about the course, and if it would sustain that much foot traffic in its current condition.
                          i believe i sold u your wahoo...and im a discrupter ....gameon
                          sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                            and then are you going to go to each player's house and let them all know the venue has changed...and then again just before the match for all of those players who 'forgot' the match venue has changed...

It didn't seem to be a problem moving from Timber to N. Bonnie.

Comment

memory like a cornerback playing TO

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                              It didn't seem to be a problem moving from Timber to N. Bonnie.
                              did you forget the prolonged bitch fest over the holiday break or were you more successful than i at blocking it from your memory...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X