Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
    No land beyond path OB?
    That's what I mean. I am not setting the course up like we did for ORDGC either!

This isn't a tourney for the best Pro golfers in our state, it is a winter handicapped league with players of all skill levels. SO unless you are in the water that is there year-round or on a path, road or parking lot you are safe this weekend.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

And being safe is ODW's #1 goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
        That's what I mean. I am not setting the course up like we did for ORDGC either!

This isn't a tourney for the best Pro golfers in our state, it is a winter handicapped league with players of all skill levels. SO unless you are in the water that is there year-round or on a path, road or parking lot you are safe this weekend.

You da man!

Drop Zones for us girls that can't throw far?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          You da man!

Bob
          ... mmmm... you're gonna have to either go with reality here bob and say "old men that can't throw far" or clarify the girls statement to "sissy little school girls that cry for their moms" 'cause us bitches don't need no drop zones...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
            Originally Posted by "Over the Hill" Bob
            You da man!

Bob

... mmmm... you're gonna have to either go with reality here bob and say "old men that can't throw far" or clarify the girls statement to "sissy little school girls that cry for their moms" 'cause us bitches don't need no drop zones...
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            Um.......let me rephrase: Drop Zones for us "sissy little school girls that cry for their moms" that can't throw far?

Bob

Comment

Um.......let me rephrase: Drop Zones for us "sissy little school girls that cry for their moms" that can't throw far?

Bob
              p.s.
              i love you very much, bob
              no question about it
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

where do we find ratings????????? every two weeks i show up to team golf and have to ask dave, what the hell is my rating??

Comment

It ain't easy.
                  First go to www.teamdiscgolf.com . Log in and join - you'll need a free Yahoo account.
                  Then click Files, 2010-2011 , then click TDG_1011_MASTER2_Rosters_&_Ratings.xls
                  (You need Excel (Office), or OpenOffice, to open the workbook)
                  Make sure you're on the first tab, "Ratings", and there they are.
                  Good luck!

GripLok
                  Joel Jones 950
                  Stephen Sines 952
                  Chad Carter 928
                  Kris Pine 942
                  Crist Garcia 982
                  Amber Cochran 834
                  David Zimmerman 915
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Oh yeah

This is probably a good time to mention that we have reached week 8. This is important because with the replacement rule this year any replacement player has to play at least 4 rated singles rounds to be able to play in the Championships. That means if you don't play at least these last two matches AND play singles both rounds you don't qualify for the finals.

DGOD is exercising their move this week and bringing in up and coming youngster Danny Brown Jr to their roster. He comes in with a rating of 894 for this event and will be playing some singles matches, so make sure to say hi and welcome him to OTDG!

Bob
                    My view on drop zones is for any hole that you are forced to throw over water 8, 12 & 13 we should use one.

Hole 8: On the path where it turns left towards tee 9.
                    Hole 12: First cement square.
                    Hole 13: Beginning of path next to the benches.

If you do not want to risk your plastic you may move to the drop zone and shoot your 3rd shot.

Comment

A Few Ruling Questions

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

Jordan,
                      I've played Trojan 3-times in the last 2-weeks and encountered a few OB scenarios I want to clarify.

#1 What will be the actual end of tee pad line? Will it be marked?

#6 Start of the real $h!7, Anhyzer route into a leafy muddy mess on the banks left side touching water, or The Hyzer route where you land right of the path. I understand your saying those would not be OB?

#8 Peninsula Disc eater: Left of the path in the woods, on the edge of the peninsula banks touching water, or anywhere in the swampy peninsula is not OB?

#9 The whole area is a bog. But if you can play it, and the disc is not in the water past the grass (Submerged), Then it is not OB?

#10 River of water flowing from the street, only dry area is on rocky bank above, some ankle high muddy areas. If I can reach my disc and stand (Sink) to putt it is not OB?

#11 You go all out with a hyzer and accidentally land on #8 peninsula with a tombstone disc on the edge of the banks. Then putt across the peninsula for Birdie. Any extra penalty strokes given in that scenario?

#12 Casual water everywhere. Throw a safe anhyzer, disc lands on left side of path that is covered by water and floats over path that is fully submerged. Disc is floating over an OB path, but the water is casual water. What's the call?

#13 Will there be any spray paint fix for the 30' x 30' tee pad to assure exact throwing area, or just pick a white mark at whim per group?

#14 Mando off the far end tree before the right turn, or an earlier tree mando, or no Mando?

#15 Mossy path hidden just after the wood pile cutting across fairway. If you land on it is this path OB?

#16 Touching lamp pole or bark OK, but on the Asphalt OB, Right?

Phew, I'm totally gonna catch flack for this one. But I really want to know, as I encountered everyone of these far fetched, bad throw scenarios. Saturday is supposed to be soggy, so these will all come into play for someone.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                        Jordan,
                        I've played Trojan 3-times in the last 2-weeks and encountered a few OB scenarios I want to clarify.

#1 What will be the actual end of tee pad line? Will it be marked?
                        There used to be a faint line, just be careful not to slip. Relief to the left on the grass if the footing is better.
                        Only OB is parking lot or deep water

#2 No Mando, Only in the deep water and on road is OB
                        #3 Only OB is path or deep water
                        #4 Only in the deep water is OB
                        #5 Only OB is path or deep water

#6 Start of the real $h!7, Anhyzer route into a leafy muddy mess on the banks left side touching water, or The Hyzer route where you land right of the path. I understand your saying those would not be OB?
                        Only in the deep water is OB
                        #7 Only OB is path, deep water or road

#8 Peninsula Disc eater: Left of the path in the woods, on the edge of the peninsula banks touching water, or anywhere in the swampy peninsula is not OB?
                        DROP ZONE

#9 The whole area is a bog. But if you can play it, and the disc is not in the water past the grass (Submerged), Then it is not OB?
                        #10 River of water flowing from the street, only dry area is on rocky bank above, some ankle high muddy areas. If I can reach my disc and stand (Sink) to putt it is not OB?
                        Only in the deep water or road is OB
                        #11 You go all out with a hyzer and accidentally land on #8 peninsula with a tombstone disc on the edge of the banks. Then putt across the peninsula for Birdie. Any extra penalty strokes given in that scenario?
                        No, but please be careful of players on hole 8
                        Only in the deep water or road is OB

#12 Casual water everywhere. Throw a safe anhyzer, disc lands on left side of path that is covered by water and floats over path that is fully submerged. Disc is floating over an OB path, but the water is casual water. What's the call?
                        DROP ZONE

#13 Will there be any spray paint fix for the 30' x 30' tee pad to assure exact throwing area, or just pick a white mark at whim per group?
                        Any spot on cement will be fine
                        DROP ZONE

#14 Mando off the far end tree before the right turn, or an earlier tree mando, or no Mando?
                        Mando left of last tree
                        Throw from Mando for OB or Missed Mando

#15 Mossy path hidden just after the wood pile cutting across fairway. If you land on it is this path OB?
                        Only OB is path and gravel parking lot
                        #16 Touching lamp pole or bark OK, but on the Asphalt OB, Right?
                        Only OB is on road
                        #17 Only OB is on road
                        #18 Only OB is on road

Comment

Thank you Jordan!
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353

Comment

Hey everyone if interested i have about ten first run wahoos left ill be at trojan sat for team golf they float and fly really nice
                            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you jdinteg and Sausage Fingers for the OB clarifications.
                              Hopefully they won't be an issue for Putt This!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                                Thank you jdinteg and Sausage Fingers for the OB clarifications.
                                Hopefully they won't be an issue for Putt This!
                                Agreed, Hopefully they won't be an issue for Ript either. But I wouldn't mind so much if Discruptors encountered a few of them.
                                PDGA# 49616
                                Stumptown# 353

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X