Comment

7th player points....

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

So far on my double check list:
      Quadruple check OD&W
      Discrupters 7 player point
      Cindy's afternoon singles match & rating
      DH vs GBP scores

Any more questions? Lots of scoring juice was consumed last night so errors could have crept into the scoring pretty easily...

One more to add to your list:
      Westside Slingers fielded all seven members in primary singles matches yet were not awarded the 7 player point either....

Comment

WSS should have gotten 7 man point. Everyone on our team played at least 1 singles match.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
          WSS should have gotten 7 man point. Everyone on our team played at least 1 singles match.
          Added to my list to check tonight after the Red Cross appointment...thanks for catching it.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Actually the corollary to that rule means you do not get the 7 player point because you placed your 7th player's match in the bonus singles match and the opposing team declined to compete for that point. To earn the 7 player point all players on a team must compete in a singles match.

And because that player competed in the morning dubs match and did not compete in an afternoon singles match you forfeit the morning dubs match.

So not putting that player in one of the first 4 singles matches cost you the 7 player point AND the morning dubs match point.

So far on my double check list:
            Quadruple check OD&W
            Discrupters 7 player point
            Cindy's afternoon singles match & rating
            DH vs GBP scores

Any more questions? Lots of scoring juice was consumed last night so errors could have crept into the scoring pretty easily...

I would definitely check our match sheet. I am pretty sure Grahams name was on the sheet in the afternoon for the extra singles match. This would give us the 7 man point, that BONUS SEASON point, and the morning dubs point, just sayin'
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Really

Originally posted by Darr View Post
              I would definitely check our match sheet. I am pretty sure Grahams name was on the sheet in the afternoon for the extra singles match. This would give us the 7 man point, that BONUS SEASON point, and the morning dubs point, just sayin'
              Let' see, you are using, as your proof, the mysterious match sheet that wasn't turned in AT the match but had to be tracked down the next day to be turned in...

And NOT the player in question who was told by his captain that he wasn't playing in the afternoon AND that captain's statement on this board to the same effect?

Comment

Yeah, well the Saturday teams had an epic FAIL out there today with multiple groups not being able to finish in the daylight.

As I see it, it always comes down to a few things every single time:

1 Captains being slow filling out the match ups.
                I am going to get each day a 4' long 4x4 and chain the clipboards so they cannot wander off to the parking lot! You people all suck!

2 Not starting on assigned holes.
                You can't all start on the same damn hole people! If you have to get in your car and drive to get closer to your starting hole then get in the f'ing car and drive to your damn hole! The match sheets have a place for starting hole to be assigned and I have yet to see them EVER filled out by the Saturday groups. We may not be playing for the Championship of World, but if you don't do things like we are playing in 'real' tourney you won't be able get around the course in the daylight.

3 Slow play.
                WE ARE NOT PLAYING FOR THE F'IN CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD PEOPLE!!! YOU ARE NOT KEN CLIMO WITH $20k RIDING ON THE MATCH!!! Don't drop your bag 75' behind your lie, approach your lie and then decide to change the disc you are going to throw. Either bring your bag up next to your lie OR THROW THE DAMN DISC YOU BROUGHT TO YOUR DAMN LIE!!! We are playing in inclement weather people, just pick a damn disc and f'in DO IT! Pull your f'in head out and get through the damn course in the daylight people!

THIS IS NOT BRAIN SURGERY OR ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!

Jordan Lewis is my new role model. You rock!

Comment

I think I have the 2011 Team Golf Milo Afternoon East Course Jordan special #2 record at 49.

Par 58 - 9 RPs/Stroke
                  14-Am pad - Par 3
                  15-Only pad - Par 3
                  16-Only pad - Par 3
                  17-Only pad - Par 3
                  18-Only pad - Par 3
                  19-Pro pad - Par 3
                  20-Am pad - Par 3
                  21-Genius pad - Par 5 road OB
                  22-Pro pad - Par 3
                  23-Am pad - Par 4
                  24-Pro pad - Par 3
                  25-Pro pad - Par 3
                  26-Pro pad - Par 4
                  9-Am pad - Par 3
                  10-Am pad - Par 3
                  11-Am pad - Par 3
                  12-Am pad - Par 3
                  13-Am pad - Par 3

Comment

This is funny. We may be sitting on a goose egg, but at least George knows how to fill out a match sheet. Way to go ODW!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                      I think I have the 2011 Team Golf Milo Afternoon East Course Jordan special #2 record at 49.

Par 58 - 9 RPs/Stroke
                      14-Am pad - Par 3
                      15-Only pad - Par 3
                      16-Only pad - Par 3
                      17-Only pad - Par 3
                      18-Only pad - Par 3
                      19-Pro pad - Par 3
                      20-Am pad - Par 3
                      21-Genius pad - Par 5 road OB
                      22-Pro pad - Par 3
                      23-Am pad - Par 4
                      24-Pro pad - Par 3
                      25-Pro pad - Par 3
                      26-Pro pad - Par 4
                      9-Am pad - Par 3
                      10-Am pad - Par 3
                      11-Am pad - Par 3
                      12-Am pad - Par 3
                      13-Am pad - Par 3
                      And that was an amazing round to watch! Didn't you finish with 5 straight birdies? You nearly got the 3 on the genius hole...and that was your only poor putt of the round! Congrats on the 1082 rated round!

Comment

And that was an amazing round to watch! Didn't you finish with 5 straight birdies? You nearly got the 3 on the genius hole...and that was your only poor putt of the round! Congrats on the 1082 rated round!

WHOA, 1082!!! I like it.

Comment

Let' see, you are using, as your proof, the mysterious match sheet that wasn't turned in AT the match but had to be tracked down the next day to be turned in...

And NOT the player in question who was told by his captain that he wasn't playing in the afternoon AND that captain's statement on this board to the same effect?

His name was filled into the 5th man slot on the master sheet as he was our extra player. Just as Jason's name was filled in the same spot for the morning, as he was our extra player there.
                          I may be wrong here and if I am I'll own up to that but unless his name goes down on the scorecard there is no extra match to be played.
                          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Let's say you're a team captain. You have a certain player who you intend to NOT play a certain round. Do you:

A) WRITE the player's name on the match sheet for that round
                            or
                            B) DO NOT WRITE the player's name on the match sheet for that round

Anyone? This one seems pretty straightforward to me.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              Let's say you're a team captain. You have a certain player who you intend to NOT play a certain round. Do you:

or

You're not playing by the rules, TL. Logic has no place in this discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

or

I've filled out the match sheet the same way all year and it has never been a problem. I see how the way I filled out the sheet can be confusing and I won't do it like that again, but with my not filling him in on the score card there can not be a match. Having the opposing team fill his name in on the score card does not constitute a match.

Once again, If I am in the wrong then I'll own up to that and take my licks.
                                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X