X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: 2010-11 Week 7 @ Milo: Results

Will GripLok stay undefeated after meeting the Crusties?
    Will the Green Bowl Packers stay on track for a division crown?
    Will the Sunday teams need lifeboats for all the rain?

SATURDAY

Disc Golf or Die vs Chain Damage
    Hot Poop vs R.I.P. Trozzle
    Dancing Cows vs Discrupters
    Oregon Disc & Wildlife vs Aceholes
    GripLok vs Eastside Crusties

SUNDAY
    Big Winds vs Vapor Trails
    Rockwood Roughnecks vs Team Skinny
    Putt This! vs Drunk & Disorderly
    Green Bowl Packers vs Dark Horse
    Old, Bad & Sassy vs Westside Slingers

Humanity is one big FAIL!

Yeah, well the Saturday teams had an epic FAIL out there today with multiple groups not being able to finish in the daylight.

As I see it, it always comes down to a few things every single time:

1 Captains being slow filling out the match ups.
    I am going to get each day a 4' long 4x4 and chain the clipboards so they cannot wander off to the parking lot! You people all suck!

2 Not starting on assigned holes.
    You can't all start on the same damn hole people! If you have to get in your car and drive to get closer to your starting hole then get in the f'ing car and drive to your damn hole! The match sheets have a place for starting hole to be assigned and I have yet to see them EVER filled out by the Saturday groups. We may not be playing for the Championship of World, but if you don't do things like we are playing in 'real' tourney you won't be able get around the course in the daylight.

3 Slow play.
    WE ARE NOT PLAYING FOR THE F'IN CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD PEOPLE!!! YOU ARE NOT KEN CLIMO WITH $20k RIDING ON THE MATCH!!! Don't drop your bag 75' behind your lie, approach your lie and then decide to change the disc you are going to throw. Either bring your bag up next to your lie OR THROW THE DAMN DISC YOU BROUGHT TO YOUR DAMN LIE!!! We are playing in inclement weather people, just pick a damn disc and f'in DO IT! Pull your f'in head out and get through the damn course in the daylight people!

THIS IS NOT BRAIN SURGERY OR ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      Yeah, well the Saturday teams had an epic FAIL out there today with multiple groups not being able to finish in the daylight.

As I see it, it always comes down to a few things every single time:

1 Captains being slow filling out the match ups.
      I am going to get each day a 4' long 4x4 and chain the clipboards so they cannot wander off to the parking lot! You people all suck!

2 Not starting on assigned holes.
      You can't all start on the same damn hole people! If you have to get in your car and drive to get closer to your starting hole then get in the f'ing car and drive to your damn hole! The match sheets have a place for starting hole to be assigned and I have yet to see them EVER filled out by the Saturday groups. We may not be playing for the Championship of World, but if you don't do things like we are playing in 'real' tourney you won't be able get around the course in the daylight.

3 Slow play.
      WE ARE NOT PLAYING FOR THE F'IN CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD PEOPLE!!! YOU ARE NOT KEN CLIMO WITH $20k RIDING ON THE MATCH!!! Don't drop your bag 75' behind your lie, approach your lie and then decide to change the disc you are going to throw. Either bring your bag up next to your lie OR THROW THE DAMN DISC YOU BROUGHT TO YOUR DAMN LIE!!! We are playing in inclement weather people, just pick a damn disc and f'in DO IT! Pull your f'in head out and get through the damn course in the daylight people!

THIS IS NOT BRAIN SURGERY OR ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!

our 1st round started out on 12,our 2nd on 17 and we had a card of 6 and still finished with daylight....drove out of the park before 430 and caught the end of Pitt/Balt.Speed of play can be an issue especially at Milo in any layout.Still had a great time playin Griplockers....

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
        our 1st round started out on 12,our 2nd on 17 and we had a card of 6 and still finished with daylight....drove out of the park before 430 and caught the end of Pitt/Balt.Speed of play can be an issue especially at Milo in any layout.Still had a great time playin Griplockers....
        Thanks for the update Tom. What time did the rounds start?

Who won?

Comment

If my math is correct Aceholes won
          3.5-1.5 in the morning
          2-3 in the afternoon
          7th man points for each team
          6.5-5.5
          Match Point gives us a 7.5-5.5 victory

Had a great time out there. Darr, Emma and Rich. Thanks for the great company today. Hopefully we meet in the finals
          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

GripLok finally was taken down. Funny thing is I told Keith way back in the beginning at Pier that we would whoop them anywhere besides Milo. Of course that was where we ended up matching up. We knew it was a long shot taking them on there. It was a great day of golf and we had plenty of time, even when we didn't start where we were supposed to because there were too many people starting there. All in all, Crusties, we had a blast. And sorry I had to whoop on you so hard Keith but maybe you shouldn't call me out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
              Thanks for the update Tom. What time did the rounds start?

Who won?
              We started our second round at 12:30. Some other teams had already started though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
                GripLok finally was taken down. Funny thing is I told Keith way back in the beginning at Pier that we would whoop them anywhere besides Milo. Of course that was where we ended up matching up. We knew it was a long shot taking them on there. It was a great day of golf and we had plenty of time, even when we didn't start where we were supposed to because there were too many people starting there. All in all, Crusties, we had a blast. And sorry I had to whoop on you so hard Keith but maybe you shouldn't call me out like that.
                Amber, it was fun playing with you and Dave today in spite of the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
                  Epic match today! First I got beat down on by Dooly, then Pops shot a 54 to crush me in the afternoon. It was great playing with the Crusties and getting a tour from the owners of the park. Some of my highlights from today were watching Amber own Keith so perfectly in the morning that he had to go hide in his car durring the afternoon round, I heard he was crying. Having the morning rounds finish in a tie, and then the afternoon rounds all go down to the last holes and minimal stroke differentials. This was the greatest match of the season and everyone involved played with great sportsmanship. I had a blast playing with Tom and Pops and sorry you do not feel well Keith.

Comment

VT 8-4 over BW.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                      VT 8-4 over BW.
                      Ha ha!!
                      I was responding to this post with a "good job" guys until I realized that it hasn't happened yet!
                      Jevon, don't talk trash like that, it confuses this old guy.

Better get to bed...

Comment

Wow, a Vapor Trails win, and a Griplok loss! That's why they play the games!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I think RIPT beat HP. But I could not see all the results to confirm that, As we were one of several groups that did have to leave before our 2nd round was finished. It would be very nice to avoid the Donut.

Jordan,
                          I agree with your frustration. What I notice with my untrained eye that slowed our group:

-Second round starting hole assignments not clear for many groups including mine. Not sure who's baby that was but it didn't get done.
                          -We all should have only taken 1/2 hour lunch instead, but no one cooking would be happy with that scenario.
                          -4-groups I counted 2nd round, that crossed our path, not part of OTDG. (No one able to forecast that)
                          -Everyone slowing due to rain, wiping hands and discs. (Gotta love the Oregon)
                          -10-minute waits on almost every hole second round while other groups threw. We kept tight to the group in front of us throwing our 1st throw as they walked away from their second throw. Minimum of 3-groups in front of us every time we landed at the next tee.
                          -Unable to skip ahead holes due to filled tee boxes and fairways as far as the eye could see.
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Apparently my afternoon card chose the perfect place to start. After our lil 3 min mixup on what hole was next it was clear sailing for the rest or the course. Nobody riding our tails and nobody in front of us either.

Thanks you again mr gorman!!
                            According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Thanks to GRIPLOCK what fun day of golf, even though it never stopped raining. A great doubles match came down to the last few holes for a tie. Then Amber showed the crushers what quality golfer she really is. Our match came down to the last hole. Hope to see GRIPLOCK in the finals.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X