X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan,
    I am trying to review the rules to make sure I'm correct....
    but I see nothing that says a single player can defend a doubles match against no one for a point.
    We had the same issue a couple matches ago. We didn't get a point for having a fifth player there when the other team had four, so i don't think your team gets that point either.
    I THINK it takes at least SIX players to defend the doubles point.
    Where are the final rules posted? I found the prelim rules, but know doubles rules were changed a little.
    Jordan?

Comment

I believe doubles are mandatory and you only need to have one player to field a doubles team, since the Disrupters only brought 4 players you had to forfeit each doubles match.

Even if this isnt the case, ODW won on strokes, giving us the match point and a 5-4 win.
      Last edited by DanD; January 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I have now read the rules.
        One team must have SIX players to defend the doubles point. If the other team has a fifth, then there is a match.
        Neither of our teams had enough players to defend the doubles match.
        No point.
        If I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it.
        However, in this case I think I'll wait for you to acknowledge your error.

Comment

From post #18 from Jordan in Capt. Mtgs results;
          So I'll break it down:

1. The first 4 members of each team will play singles matches, each for a match point.
          2. If at least 1 team has 6 players then they can set the dubs match. The other team can put up a Cali player to defend the point if they only have 5 players. If they cannot, then they forfeit the match point.
          3. If both teams can & want to play all 7 players, then they can compete for another match point. If only 1 team has all 7 players they do not get this match point like they would in dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
            I believe doubles are mandatory and you only need to have one player to field a doubles team, since the Disrupters only brought 4 players you had to forfeit each doubles match.

Even if this isnt the case, ODW won on strokes, giving us the match point and a 5-4 win.
            We were in the same boat in the morning on Saturday we had 5 & DGod had 4after fulfilling the 4 singles first that only left one player. One player can't defend a dubs match. Also you can't play a dubs cali against cali. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is my understanding of the rules.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Works for me... we still won on strokes. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I think Wes and Cindy are right. That is my understanding of the rules, as well.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

We are making progress.
                  You've acknowledged that maybe you are wrong (you are) regarding the doubles point and that you're false claim of a 6-4 win SHOULD have been a false claim of a 7-4 win and now you THINK you may have won the match on stroke points (might be).
                  I have NO idea who won on strokes...
                  and I wonder if you do.
                  I lost confidence in your math a few posts back.

Comment

Wes, what's with the attitude? Careful where you throw stones.

Comment

Zimmerman is a bagger.

*munches popcorn*
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Zimmerman is a bagger.

*munches popcorn*
                        And Sam is the champion stone thrower!

That tanslates as "feces flinger."
                        Last edited by Captain Save-A-Ho; January 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM. Reason: Translation

Comment

You were wrong and I pointed it out.
                          I'm sorry you see that as "throwing stones."
                          But not surprised.

Why not just tell me the stroke total you seem to be aware of and gloat on that?
                          I'll be extremely surprised if you have that total.

If the team you are on beat us, great. Congratulations.
                          My feeling is simply that you should have some idea what you are talking about before you start.

Thanks for one more reason to be grateful that match is over.

Comment

Tonight a few of get together at Jordan's to review all of the scorecards in duplicate and at that time all match final data will be known.

There is a difference between good natured feces flinging and personal attacks, and I have no idea what it is. We should ask the king of fling. Sam can you clarify this topic for us please?

Comment

and keep the poop out of zimm's eye.
                              I need him to get our 7th man point.
                              and we dont need red-eye going around, so keep thatto yourself sammy boy

Comment

Wow, Wes. This thread is for people to post results, thats all I did, no gloating.

All that losing must be making you more sensitive than normal... Must be rough when not even your teammates want to show and play with you.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you. Did you ever get that money your ex-wife "stole" from Stumptown back? Wasnt it like $1K?
                                Last edited by DanD; January 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X