12/4-5/2010 Week #4 Matches - [Pier]
    12/11-12/2010 Week #5 Matches - [Dabney]
    MID WINTER BREAK
    1/1-2/2011 Week #6 Matches - [Timber Normal]
    1/15-16/2011 Week #7 Matches - [Milo]
    1/29-30/2011 Week #8 Matches - [Trojan]
    2/12-13/2011 Week #9 Matches - [Adair]
    2/26-27/2011 OTDG Championships - [Milo]

Several criteria were used including daylight hours/length of play and safety to determine courses and dates.

2.0 Dub's stays. We're using a modified Cali, you get one stroke per hole, regardless of hole par, to be used or losed at your discretion.

3.0 No 5th Singles Match, No Match Play

4.0 Injury/Replacement player stays the same as last year. Each team is allowed one replacement, in order to compete in the finals the replacement player must have 4 TDG singles rounds posted.

5.0 Finals - stays

6.0 Ties. No playoffs, if your match ends in a tie then you split the points.

Originally posted by DanD View Post
    1.0 Courses:
    10/9-10/2010 Preliminaries - [Pier]
    10/23-24/2010 Week #1 Matches - [Sorosis]
    11/6-7/2010 Week #2 Matches - [Hornings]
    11/20-21/2010 Week #3 Matches - [Timber Long/Tweaked]
    12/4-5/2010 Week #4 Matches - [Pier]
    12/11-12/2010 Week #5 Matches - [Dabney]
    MID WINTER BREAK
    1/1-2/2011 Week #6 Matches - [Timber Normal]
    1/15-16/2011 Week #7 Matches - [Milo]
    1/29-30/2011 Week #8 Matches - [Trojan]
    2/12-13/2011 Week #9 Matches - [Adair]
    2/26-27/2011 OTDG Championships - [Milo]

Several criteria were used including daylight hours/length of play and safety to determine courses and dates.

2.0 Dub's stays. We're using a modified Cali, you get one stroke per hole, regardless of hole par, to be used or losed at your discretion.

4.0 Injury/Replacement player stays the same as last year. Each team is allowed one replacement, in order to compete in the finals the replacement player must have 4 TDG singles rounds posted.

5.0 Finals - stays

6.0 Ties. No playoffs, if your match ends in a tie then you split the points.
    thank you for the cliff notes

Comment

Thanks, Dan.

See you all Sunday!

Comment

Safety was a factor in the decision making yet we play Timber twice. Curious...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Jordan and I want to clarify some of points.
          The Cali doubles rule is the same as it ever was: The Cali player gets one extra throw per hole, regardless of par. I'm not sure what Dan was referring to by "modified Cali".

Actually we decided that the fifth singles match will stay and is optional. Both teams have to agree to play it. An additional point will be rewarded for that round. The first four singles and the dubs are (still) mandatory.

5.0 Finals - stays
          The championships will be two days. All teams will play both days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Nice observation Sam.

Here's how it went down:
            1. Nobody wanted to play Dexter: too much travel time.
            2. N. Bonneville was rejected on the grounds of safety (and general lameness).
            3. We then had to decide which two courses to play twice. Milo was a no-brainer. It came down to Timber, Dabney, or Horning's. Timber won.

If you can make a compelling argument for another course to use instead (new or existing), have at it.

Comment

Horning's should have won since it is the only one of the three that has not resulted in people going to the hospital... Maybe the captains who met were too "safe" when they discussed this?
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Horning's should have won since it is the only one of the three that has not resulted in people going to the hospital... Maybe the captains who met were too "safe" when they discussed this?
                Actually that ended at the Bob Horning fundraiser tournament. Rick took plastic to the back of his head standing next to teepad 15. 22 holes and 8 stitches later he's feeling better.
                Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                PDGA #37890
                Stumptown #157
                ODW TDG 10-11
                3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

No Jeff, we voted the 5th player out... You and Jordan were the only ones interested in keeping it. Nice try though.

Comment

D-Walk went to the darkside?!?!

Comment

No Jeff, we voted the 5th player out... You and Jordan were the only ones interested in keeping it. Nice try though.
                      Probably the only time I will ever say this . . . Dan is correct. The 5th singles did not pass!

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                        Darkside?? Nah, things are looking quite bright from here. Too bad you won't be around on Saturdays...I always like whooping up on D&D's JV team.
                        Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                        PDGA #37890
                        Stumptown #157
                        ODW TDG 10-11
                        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          We have cookies.

Comment

We voted out Dexter (travel time), North Bonneville (safety), and Rooster (god knows why), so we needed a course. We were contemplating which course to play twice when the idea of a modified Timber, Skellenger type layout was proposed. We voted and it was unanimous in favor of the modified Timber. I think just about every option was looked at, we spent by far the most amount of time on the courses, and keeping Hemmerloins hands to himself.

We'll post more about the exact layout once its been worked out. The course will still be 18 holes.

Comment

All I know is if it's under 45 I'm bringing ice cleats with me.
                              According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X