Captains Meeting Results Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'm sure it was posted somewhere, buried in a thread, so I'll ask just for the heck of it..........what time are meeting this weekend?

    Bob

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      I'm sure it was posted somewhere, buried in a thread, so I'll ask just for the heck of it..........what time are meeting this weekend?

      Bob
      9 am
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by kel View Post
        Probably the only time I will ever say this . . . Dan is correct. The 5th singles did not pass!
        No what didn't pass was the full 7 players playing every round. And it was not unanimous. The logic was to allow at least 1 player to only play one round in a match and not get penalized.

        What did pass was a way to play all 7 players IF BOTH TEAMS have 7 players that want to play. And if one of the teams declines there is no point awarded.

        So I'll break it down:

        1. The first 4 members of each team will play singles matches, each for a match point.
        2. If at least 1 team has 6 players then they can set the dubs match. The other team can put up a Cali player to defend the point if they only have 5 players. If they cannot, then they forfeit the match point.
        3. If both teams can & want to play all 7 players, then they can compete for another match point. If only 1 team has all 7 players they do not get this match point like they would in dubs.

        The only other vote that was carried by the NAYs all night was the close vote to not include the 7-player bonus point in the Win-Loss determination. That point would have only been counted to break W/L/T record ties at the end of the year. It failed 5-4.

        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DanD View Post
          We'll post more about the exact layout once its been worked out. The course will still be 18 holes.
          We'll see how well this works. All I know is that I am not setting up jack for extra baskets. So if someone else is gonna do it, then it has to be done for both days. It sounded much better when I was safe...

          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

          Comment


          • #20
            AWSOME!!!!!!
            ________
            Lx platform
            Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              ok. That's not the notes I have. We didn't like the 5th singles match because its too random. A team could have all 7 players show all season and never get to play a 5th singles simply because the teams they played couldn't match that particular week. Thats unfair since tie breakers come down to points and that team would be wrongly penalized when they actually had all 7 show.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DanD View Post
                We didn't like the 5th singles match because its too random. A team could have all 7 players show all season and never get to play a 5th singles simply because the teams they played couldn't match that particular week. Thats unfair since tie breakers come down to points and that team would be wrongly penalized when they actually had all 7 show.
                Teams already try to field seven players for the bonus point. This has been true for many years. We are just trying to give the seventh player for each round (who would normally sit out) the option of a meaningful match. These extra points will help decide the match outcome and possibly be a tie-breaker at the end of the year if two teams finish with identical records.

                If a team doesn't like the extra singles match then don't play it. If you only have six players for a match you won't forfeit any points and you won't get the 7-player bonus, just like it's been.

                To my mind this new rule has hardly any downside and makes the matches a lot more fun, especially when traveling far away from town. It always bothered me that two of my players drove all the way to Sorosis/Adair/Trojan and only got to play one match. This isn't a big change and I definitely think we should try it this year.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                  Teams already try to field seven players for the bonus point. This has been true for many years. We are just trying to give the seventh player for each round (who would normally sit out) the option of a meaningful match. These extra points will help decide the match outcome and possibly be a tie-breaker at the end of the year if two teams finish with identical records.

                  If a team doesn't like the extra singles match then don't play it. If you only have six players for a match you won't forfeit any points and you won't get the 7-player bonus, just like it's been.

                  To my mind this new rule has hardly any downside and makes the matches a lot more fun, especially when traveling far away from town. It always bothered me that two of my players drove all the way to Sorosis/Adair/Trojan and only got to play one match. This isn't a big change and I definitely think we should try it this year.
                  So, is this a lock? I want to be sure before I head out to partay!! ODW style
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Darr View Post
                    So, is this a lock? I want to be sure before I head out to partay!! ODW style
                    Yes. And as long as all 7 team members play at least 1 singles match you could field only 5 players each match and defend all points. Thus netting the 7 player bonus point while forfeiting nothing.

                    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My team will play the 5th single match every time because we hate to sit out. So I hope that all teams that we play want to play the extra match.
                      X - Man

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        Yes. And as long as all 7 team members play at least 1 singles match you could field only 5 players each match and defend all points. Thus netting the 7 player bonus point while forfeiting nothing.

                        Just have to say we got screwed in this deal. We fielded all 7 morning and afternoon but of course they didn't have a 7th person. Next time, I hope people bring their whole team.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Amber View Post
                          Just have to say we got screwed in this deal. We fielded all 7 morning and afternoon but of course they didn't have a 7th person. Next time, I hope people bring their whole team.
                          Must suck to be in first place, you guys got screwed big time

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by The Brodys View Post
                            Must suck to be in first place, you guys got screwed big time
                            I understand this is your first year with team golf but the first week means nothing and a couple points can make a huge difference..... For us or them. Last year was the first year I played and the extra point we got for the 7th player made a difference in the big picture. Those extra points that people get will make a difference in the end. When you join team golf, you should expect to be at everyone or have an excuse. When the whole team has no clue where there 7th man is, it hurts the team. And my point is not to bitch that we could have had another 2 points. My point is to put this in front of people again and try to get people to make sure there team is there. I mean if your roommate is there and know nothing about them being sick or working or out of town.... Maybe they just shouldn't have been let back on a team this year since they did the same thing last year. Oh well, not my team mate. I do though look forward to the match ups to come. Win or lose, I love being out on the course surrounded by people who have the same passion as I do.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Amber View Post
                              I understand this is your first year with team golf
                              not sure what that has to do with anything. I do understand how it works.

                              Originally posted by Amber View Post
                              but the first week means nothing and a couple points can make a huge difference
                              I do not get this. First week means nothing, but a couple of points makes a huge difference... That would mean that the first week does mean something.

                              We can only be responsible for ourselves and we can only hope others will be responsible for themselves. I am sure no one wants to miss the fun of OTDG on purpose.

                              Originally posted by Amber View Post
                              I do though look forward to the match ups to come. Win or lose, I love being out on the course surrounded by people who have the same passion as I do.
                              I do agree with you on this point.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by The Brodys View Post
                                I do not get this. First week means nothing, but a couple of points makes a huge difference... That would mean that the first week does mean something.
                                Sorry, I should have said "First weeks standings mean nothing but at the end of the season a couple point can make the difference for teams." You can win one match and bomb the rest. It is about how you play your matches through out the season, not just week one.

                                And I wasn't saying that you don't understand how it works. I was saying that I was able to watch the standings all last year and see how big of a difference one point makes.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X