X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Prelims course change

Just wanted to let everybody know that we will be switching the Prelims Oct 9-10 to Pier Park like it was last year. First round each day at 9 am.

A few thoughts about the Prelims:
    1. New OTDG players who are not current or past PDGA members and haven't played in a PDGA rated round must play at least one round to set your OTDG rating for the season. You may play as many as you like, please do to get a more accurate rating.
    2. The Prelims attendance is not mandatory and no match points or wins/losses will be awarded. It is just a casual start to the season where you can play your rounds with whoever you like (please no more than 5 players/group). Up to 2 rounds can be played each day.
    3. Players from last year and current PDGA members will have their ratings adjusted by the Prelim rounds.
    4. Round ratings for all team members will be totaled to set an order to seed the divisional alignments of both leagues.

Starting Ratings:
    1. Current PDGA ratings will be used for active members
    2. Non-PDGA & lapsed members will use last years OTDG ratings
    3. New players who are lapsed members will use their PDGA ratings
    4. New players who are Non-PDGA members & have played PDGA rated rounds will use the average of those rounds

Any questions?

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    Starting Ratings:
    2. Non-PDGA & lapsed members will use last years OTDG ratings

Any questions?
    We both know how inflated everyone's rating got to be by the end of the season (50-60 points above PDGA on average). We should *not* use the ending OTDG ratings unaltered. I suggest (surprise) that we use the ending rating minus 50 points.

Comment

Bunched Pantie Alert!

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
      We both know how inflated everyone's rating got to be by the end of the season (50-60 points above PDGA on average). We should *not* use the ending OTDG ratings unaltered. I suggest (surprise) that we use the ending rating minus 50 points.
      These are just starting points. These ratings will be only 1 data point out of an entire season of data points. In fact, if they play a round or two during the Prelims it won't even be the rating that is used for the first OTDG match. So it is certainly not something to get your panties in a bunch over...an easy solution would be to become a current member of the PDGA...I'm just sayin'...

Comment

... or buy some of those hanes "no wedgie" undies... or do they not make those for dudes?

peace,
        em
        Last edited by emmarose; September 30th, 2010, 12:36 PM. Reason: by, bye, buy
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Oh, Jeff's down with ladies undies!

Comment

ifin you got the legs, why not, eh Jeff...lol
            educate your thinking

Comment

Dam Jeff you said Jordan and I would be the only ones to see you in drag. Now everyone wants to see those milk colored legs of yours.
              X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                Dam Jeff you said Jordan and I would be the only ones to see you in drag. Now everyone wants to see those milk colored legs of yours.

Not EVERYONE!

Bob

Comment

May I dare ask why?

Umm, I'm referring to the change of venue, not Jeff's underwear...

Comment

Cross country event being held on the 9th at Milo

Comment

9am start? Up to two rounds? Per day?
                      Is this something that a new player could come Sat. or Sun. at 11am and play a round or two and turn in their scores?
                      5 of 7 on our team have no PDGA rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                        9am start? Up to two rounds? Per day?
                        Is this something that a new player could come Sat. or Sun. at 11am and play a round or two and turn in their scores?
                        A 9am start is the LATEST of the start times AND THEY ONLY GET EARLIER as the daylight goes away. If you can't get up in the morning to play disc golf, you might want to re-think your participation. By December we are teeing off at 8 am! And you may have to drive a distance to get to the course.

Look at THIS thread for a glimpse of the schedule from last year as an example.

If we all just showed up at 11 am we'd be playing the last half of the matches in the dark. It can get close even with the 8 am start in December.

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; October 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM. Reason: I am dumb and my mind doesn't work right...

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                          It is very important that new players without a PDGA rating or any rated rounds, play as many rounds as they can to set their rating. If it helps to play one round each day instead, that would be fine too for the Prelims.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                            Just wanted to let everybody know that we will be switching the Prelims Oct 9-10 to Pier Park like it was last year. First round each day at 9 am.

A few thoughts about the Prelims:
                            1. New OTDG players who are not current or past PDGA members and haven't played in a PDGA rated round must play at least one round to set your OTDG rating for the season. You may play as many as you like, please do to get a more accurate rating.
                            2. The Prelims attendance is not mandatory and no match points or wins/losses will be awarded. It is just a casual start to the season where you can play your rounds with whoever you like

Any questions?

Begging your pardon...
                            I asked based on your post. It seemed to indicate flexibility on prelim day. A non-PDGA can play as many rounds as they like, in a casual atmosphere and with who they want... so I didn't know the start of the first round on prelim day was so set in stone. Seeing as the "as many as you like" rounds could start at 10:47am, 12:34pm, 1:13pm...

Thank you for the informative/colorful clarification. I will tell my teammates to arrive before 9am to begin at the correct time.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X