X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Disc Golf: Week 3 @ Adair

Let's have a separate topic for each week's competition, including lunch plans, the schedule, results, smack talk, etc. I'll start this one off...

Putt This!, more specifically Carie Coleman, has offered to host lunch at Adair. Let's hear it for Carie! If some other team already has dibs then we'll do it another week.

I can't believe I'm suggesting this but how about we start a half hour earlier at Adair due to limited daylight? Didn't people finish in semi-darkness at Milo?

Captains should be there by 8am to submit rosters. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
      I can't believe I'm suggesting this but how about we start a half hour earlier at Adair due to limited daylight? Didn't people finish in semi-darkness at Milo?

I can't believe I'm saying this earlier but I do agree with you.

And the lunch offer will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Comment

Since I can buy delicious Sparks starting at 7AM I am cool with starting early.
        It is a bit awkward asking them to unlock the case though.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
          Since I can buy delicious Sparks starting at 7AM I am cool with starting early.
          It is a bit awkward asking them to unlock the case though.
          I will rain on everyone's parade by saying that I would rather start at the announced time of 9:00. It's a bit of a drive for the vast majority of teams, and starting at 8:00 would likely result in less people being there to play.
          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
            I will rain on everyone's parade by saying that I would rather start at the announced time of 9:00. It's a bit of a drive for the vast majority of teams, and starting at 8:00 would likely result in less people being there to play.
            Thanks for the perfect segue Eric...

Playing at Milo (close to Portland) on Sunday didn't stop most of your team from not showing up. So your rational isn't too convincing.

Comment

Well let's see...maybe if Putt This! could turn in their lineups in a timely fashion like the other teams we wouldn't have been running so late at Milo.

How's THAT for some smack talk baby!

Hopefully things will go smoother at Adair than they ran at Milo. Chances are we will not have the insanely nice weather and the course packed with casual golfers that we experienced at Milo on Sunday. Also I hope to figure out my power problems with my laptop. I think I was lazy and just shut the top of my laptop instead of powering it down like I should have.
              Hell, I'll take the damn battery out of the laptop during the first round if I have to!

And while I am always in favor of starting earlier Eric has a good point. At what point are we hardcore enough to get together before sunup to play TDG?

That doesn't mean I won't open the topic up for discussion.

I'd also like to see a change in how we sign up for the matches. I'd like to NOT see the sheets go off to God knows where while they are being filled out. I am think about getting clipboards and chains and hooking them all up to tournament central where each team can fill out their match ups and I don't get asked 'Where's the match up sheet?' each week. That way when slow pokes hog the sheet for too long it is out in front of everyone and we can smack talk you easier!
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                I am think about getting clipboards and chains and hooking them all up to tournament central where each team can fill out their match ups and I don't get asked 'Where's the match up sheet?' each week. That way when slow pokes hog the sheet for too long it is out in front of everyone and we can smack talk you easier!
                VAPOR TRAILS is on it! I'll have them ready for Adair.
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

And another thing...

Since we are new at the whole Dubs Bonus point thing this year, maybe we need some new rules about (or better - some clearer rules) this part of TDG.

There was some concern about how the dubs match was handled in the afternoon for our match. We were the home team and only had 5 players who were staying for the afternoon. So we put down our 4 singles players and gave the sheet to Westside. (Our 5th player was going to play casual along with us anyway) They match up against our 4 players and then assign 2 players to the bonus dubs. When we see this we write our 5th player in to play Cali so we don't have to forfeit that point. Westside was not pleased. (and I can understand why) But when the team that puts down the match ups first doesn't have the players to initiate the bonus dubs what can you do? I offered them the chance to change their match ups after seeing that we were defending the bonus dubs.

I can't think of a better way to do it than that. Can anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    Since we are new at the whole Dubs Bonus point thing this year, maybe we need some new rules about (or better - some clearer rules) this part of TDG.

There was some concern about how the dubs match was handled in the afternoon for our match. We were the home team and only had 5 players who were staying for the afternoon. So we put down our 4 singles players and gave the sheet to Westside. (Our 5th player was going to play casual along with us anyway) They match up against our 4 players and then assign 2 players to the bonus dubs. When we see this we write our 5th player in to play Cali so we don't have to forfeit that point. Westside was not pleased. (and I can understand why) But when the team that puts down the match ups first doesn't have the players to initiate the bonus dubs what can you do? I offered them the chance to change their match ups after seeing that we were defending the bonus dubs.

I can't think of a better way to do it than that. Can anyone else?
                    Play it safe and put you're extra person down anyways even if you're pretty sure there won't be a doubles match. You should never be able to put down more people after everything is set. I'm not saying this because I'm a WSS, I'm saying this because the WSS team was smart by putting down doubles partners against a blank spot.

Comment

I am with Brody. Once a team fills the home team turns over the match-up card to the other away team the home team can make NO changes.....at all. This includes indicating if a Cali player is available for dubs.

Comment

Thanks for the perfect segue Eric...

Playing at Milo (close to Portland) on Sunday didn't stop most of your team from not showing up. So your rational isn't too convincing.
                        Jeff:

One member of my team had a birthday. Two were studying for law school finals (which I should have been doing too). I don't see why my "rational" has to make sense to you or why it has to be justified by my team. I am just voicing an opinion different than yours.

Why not just adhere to the schedule that Jordan published already (via the TreeLove calendar)?
                        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                          One member of my team had a birthday.
                          If I had known, I'd have brought a birthday cake...

Comment

Yeah... WSS had told us that they were not going to field a dubs team which is why we didn't put anything down. I don't know if they were trying to pull a fast one or what the situation was but from not being able to field a doubles' team to losing to a girl playing Cali must have hurt...
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I was upset at the Asshole Casserole exodus because had you guys played half as well against the Packers as you did against us, we would be in first place. To leave and just hand the defending champs the points seemed kind of sucky to me. My $.02.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X