• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteEkstrom View Post
    Who needs another player?

I'll even bring beer...

Peter
    Make sure that you come out to the first event even if you don't have a team. I am trying to put together a last team to round out Team Disc golf with 12 teams.

Out of the Mouths of Babes: Brody Cannon came up with a new idea! We can still split the thing into 2 divisions that both play on Sundays. 6 play at one park and 6 play at another park. It isn't the solution that I was hoping for, but it may be the way we end up going this year.

I just hope that everybody shows up on Sunday October 19th at Pier Park so we can figure this thing out and get it going!
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sausage Fingers;2216]
      Out of the Mouths of Babes: Brody Cannon came up with a new idea! We can still split the thing into 2 divisions that both play on Sundays. 6 play at one park and 6 play at another park. QUOTE]

I like it! Our team can't play Saturdays but we are fully commited to Sundays at church!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteEkstrom View Post
        Who needs another player?

I'll even bring beer...

Peter

Unwritten rule 7.0 Always bring beer!

Comment

You know what goes good with beer on these cold/rainy/damp tournies mornings

THE QUAFFERS!! mmmmm Quaffers!!!

Comment

What will the time line be like on the first day? I only ask because I have a doubleheader later in the afternoon.

Comment

The quaffers will be sorely missed by those of us kicked down to the D-league.

There will be delicious SPARKS though

Comment

Why would the two divisions need to be at different parks? Wouldn't six teams only take up six holes for singles and three holes for doubles? Granted, we would fill the course wherever we went but I don't see that as much of a problem in the winter...

Celeste, that's nasty!
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                  There will be delicious SPARKS though
                  Oh my. You and your new team mate Joe are going to get along fabulously. He drinks that shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Why would the two divisions need to be at different parks? Wouldn't six teams only take up six holes for singles and three holes for doubles? Granted, we would fill the course wherever we went but I don't see that as much of a problem in the winter...
                    Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                      Agreed!

This could be even more fun than last year, though last will be hard to beat. Lets gitt'er done!

Bob

Love this guy too, Susie Sunshine!

Comment

if anyone needs a last minute team member, I am available
                        "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          What will the time line be like on the first day? I only ask because I have a doubleheader later in the afternoon.
                          We will have a morning round, break for lunch and then an afternoon round. All random draw singles for all players who don't have a current PDGA rating. If you do not have a current PDGA rating then you'll need to play at least one of the rounds. If you do have a current PDGA rating I'd like you to play to help set the propagators for the rest of the players.

Note: the afternoon round we will be playing with the Pier Park Winter Series so it may be crowded, so bring your knives so we can represent!
                          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                            We will have a morning round, break for lunch and then an afternoon round. All random draw singles for all players who don't have a current PDGA rating. If you do not have a current PDGA rating then you'll need to play at least one of the rounds. If you do have a current PDGA rating I'd like you to play to help set the propagators for the rest of the players.

Note: the afternoon round we will be playing with the Pier Park Winter Series so it may be crowded, so bring your knives so we can represent!
                            Thanks for the info. I do not have a rating so I will definitely be there for the morning round. Hopefully I will have time for a second round as well, just so you can see that my first round is not a fluke. What can I say? I like hitting trees!

Comment

Pier... team disc golf... There ARE good things to say about winter.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

So, maybe I missed it but - Is there a Sat league?
                                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X