X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap...

Can I play on GBS and run the Saturday league? I would be willing to go out there with cards and whatnot and send off the morning groups and then golf while they do and then collect the morning cards and send out the afternoon cards and then come home. Then I could convene with the captains via telephone in the evening to find out how the afternoon went.

Does that sound reasonable? Of course, then we would need teams for Saturday and that might throw everything out of whack.

I think we need to poll the captains and find out who can and who cannot move from Sunday to Saturday and go from there. Optimally, it would be nice if one of the teams who moved had someone who could volunteer to run that day...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Putt This! Roster

Putt This! roster:

989 Jason Pinkal
      936 Jeff Hemmerling (captain)
      914 Stan Herzog
      909 Stuart Hicks
      909 Sean "Tubbs" Benson
      854 Carie Coleman (?)
      TBD

I haven't polled the team yet but we might be willing play on Saturday.

Comment

You forgot TBD's rating...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

*tap* *tap* *tap*

Is this thing on? Jordan? Thoughts on how to do this equitably for all?
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Kyle Art of A$$hole Casserole here.

My current rating is 924.

Comment

I am at work and we are in the middle of our Fall Membership Drive. I will post about this when/if I get home.
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                *tap* *tap* *tap*

Is this thing on? Jordan? Thoughts on how to do this equitably for all?
                I thought that I was quite clear on the criteria that I used to determine who gets in and who doesn't. Longest time playing TDG. If you played TDG the first year, your team gets highest priority. If you played TDG the second year, your team gets second priority, etc.

The order then would be:
                Good Bad & Sassy
                Green Bowl Packers
                Putt This!
                Asshole Casserole
                Vapor Trail
                Big Winds
                West Side Slingers
                Dark Horse
                Drunk & Disorderly
                Rockwood Roughnecks
                McMinnville Maulers

Can the bottom 5 even play on Saturdays? Do we have a twelfth team that wants to play on Saturday? If so, then I can go with Sam's offer of running the cards.
                With the rule changes this year, having all of your team present will really pay off more than any previous year. So maybe for next year the priority for coming back to TDG will be total number of players that attend events. With forewarning, it will be fair to all teams.
                Since we are coming down to the wire and we haven't ironed out the particulars, I think we should have all teams show up the first week on Sunday and see where we stand. Hopefully some people will show up wanting to play and not having a team. Everybody can play a round to set their rating and we can hash out if we can split the thing into 2 leagues.
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post

DODGERS SUCK AND GOING DOWN QUICKLY HERE WE GO CUBBIES HERE WE GO!!!!!
                  Poor Kevin
                  The curse of the goat lives!
                  Let's go Dodgers!!!!
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Way to step up and show you colors Darr...after the fact. At least Sam started up before and during the series (if you want to call it that ) I had fun with Sam up till about the bottom of the 5th of GAME ONE .

100 YEARS DOWN...101 ON THE WAY.... THAT WILL BE THE YEAR!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey... we'll take the fans however we can get them! Even the band-wagonners!

May 101 be the year you guys do it. Just not against my team.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Not sure about the rest of Drunk & Disorderly, but I can't play on Saturdays due to prior commitments that I scheduled around TDG. Big Bummer.

Comment

Joe can't play Saturdays either, as he works, and Eric also works the occasional Saturday. Big bummer indeed!

Comment

I think we could still rep on some Sundays. It just might be more of a mob and less of a team.

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                            Joe can't play Saturdays either, as he works, and Eric also works the occasional Saturday. Big bummer indeed!

Comment

Haha!! I love this guy:

Comment

I wanna play!!!

Who needs another player?

I'll even bring beer...

Peter

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...