X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    As my memory recalls T-Ry, Jeff Hemmerling, Eric Wilson and myself played that first year. That brings in GBP, PT, AC & GBS; half the league.
    Kyle and KT played on the same team in the first year. KT and I weren't on the same team, but Kyle and her played on some Pier Park team with Rich Ray.

So Asshole Casserole is in? Praise be to Cthulhu! Death to all non-believers! "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"
    Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

I think that teams from the previous year with the same rosters should have the top priority for Sundays. 2nd would be returning team names, but with different rosters. The more returning players they have, the higher priority they should have. The 3rd priority should be to teams that have had players on teams in the past. same order for priority. The teams that had the most players on any team in the past should have priority over teams that had maybe 1 or 2 players on a team a few years back.

And no, this has nothing to do with the WSS not having me returning this year. The captain of that team PM'd me and wasnt too happy with the post I did earlier. Jason, I see your point and its cool. no worries.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa... the only precedence that should be given is to those that actually got off of their butts and indicated an interest in this series that starts in just more than two weeks. Kind of like the Oregon Series. Didn't sign up in time? Better luck at the next event.

I think that the teams that told you that they were in should have first dibs. In my opinion, if you leave out Asshole Casserole because Hemmerling has been playing forever, you would be doing the league a disservice and I would definitely need to question my involvement in the whole shebang.

I'm sorry, but... Putt This! should have had their act together and should have indicated that they wanted to have a team in the Sunday league. That they didn't should leave them out and the teams that took the time to form and tell you of their interest should take precedence. Nothing personal. I like each and every one of those guys but come on. It's not like you just now announced the need for teams to form and let you know that they are in.

This leaves two possibilities for Putt This and whoever else signed up too late and one possibility for our league:

1. Give them the option to form the Saturday league

2. Sign up earlier next year

3. figure out a way to have two 5 team divisions. Not every team has to play every team - just the ones in their division.

Smelling some manure here and I don't like it...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Whoa, whoa, whoa... the only precedence that should be given is to those that actually got off of their butts and indicated an interest in this series that starts in just more than two weeks. Kind of like the Oregon Series. Didn't sign up in time? Better luck at the next event.

I think that the teams that told you that they were in should have first dibs. In my opinion, if you leave out Asshole Casserole because Hemmerling has been playing forever, you would be doing the league a disservice and I would definitely need to question my involvement in the whole shebang.

I'm sorry, but... Putt This! should have had their act together and should have indicated that they wanted to have a team in the Sunday league. That they didn't should leave them out and the teams that took the time to form and tell you of their interest should take precedence. Nothing personal. I like each and every one of those guys but come on. It's not like you just now announced the need for teams to form and let you know that they are in.

This leaves two possibilities for Putt This and whoever else signed up too late and one possibility for our league:

1. Give them the option to form the Saturday league

2. Sign up earlier next year

3. figure out a way to have two 5 team divisions. Not every team has to play every team - just the ones in their division.

Smelling some manure here and I don't like it...
          Hey Sam......when did Putt This! contact Jordan about playing this year? When was Putt This! notified when and how it needed to confirm its roster?

Comment

I don't know the answers to that, Jason. I do know that Jordan did post here in the last few days saying that you guys hadn't confirmed your team and were on the brink. I based my post last night on that and on the amount of effort I saw the AC team putting in to getting together.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              I have heard talk from Putt This!, Dark Horse, Big Winds and Valley Beer Drinkers. New teams like Asshole Casserole, Lunchtime Leaguers and Rockwood Roughnecks.

If we had a Saturday league I know of a couple of other teams that might join. I did get a couple of inquiries about running the Saturday side of Team Disc Golf.

I need final rosters from any other returning teams and then maybe a few new teams can join in. But I think that there will be teams left out again this year if nobody steps up. YAR!
              I contacted Jordan last month regarding Putt This! playing this year. I indicated that we had a team and were ready to play. At that time he didn't indicate that he needed our roster. If he had I would have made sure he had it a long time ago. His request for rosters just went out on Tuesday....two days ago (see above quote)! Again, I contacted Jordan and confirmed that we were playing and that I would have our captin send him the Putt This! roster.

It seems to me we have done everything asked of us by Jordan in the time frame indicated in his posts.

Comment

Yep... you're right, Jason. My post was probably a tad knee-jerk.

I don't see the problem with a ten-team league. Perhaps Jordan could explain that to us before I post any more ridiculous crap...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

If each team played the teams in their division once and the teams in the other division once - in a ten team league we would last 9 weeks for the regular season. Add two for playoffs and finals and we're at 11 weeks. Is that too much? Two extra weeks?
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

If each team played the teams in their division once and the teams in the other division once - in a ten team league we would last 9 weeks for the regular season. Add two for playoffs and finals and we're at 11 weeks. Is that too much? Two extra weeks?
                    This is the schedule:
                    5.3. Team Disc Golf matches will be held on Sundays:
                    5.3.1. Prelims - Sunday October 19th: Pier Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.1.1. Match-up: All play singles to set ratings and seed divisions
                    5.3.2. Week 1 - Sunday November 2nd: Sorosis Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.2.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.3. Week 2 - Sunday November 16th: Riverbend @ Milo McIver State Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.3.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.4. Week 3 - Sunday November 30th: Adair County Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.4.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.5. Week 4 - Sunday December 7th: Dabney State Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.5.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.6. Week 5 - Sunday January 4th: Timber Park - 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.6.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.7. Week 6 - Sunday January 18th: Pier Park - 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.7.1. Match-up: TBD
                    5.3.8. Week 7 - Sunday February 8th: Trojan Park Ė 2 rounds of 18 holes
                    5.3.8.1. Match-up: TBD

It works with an 8 team league. These are the only dates that I am willing to run. The first post of the year about TDG mentioned that I need to cut back on my TDG commitment or face the wrath of my wife. Nobody has stepped up to run a Saturday league. People will be disappointed.
                    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Was meant to be a PM. Move it along people.

Comment

Jordan, I would be more than happy to step up and run a couple of weeks and bet others would be, as well. Running a week is a BIG difference from running the whole thing. Why not allow temp-TDs and get the best of both worlds?
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

So who's in and who's out?

Now hypothetically (sp?) speaking..............IF Trojan Nation were not returning, which was IN last year, that leaves room for 1 new team, correct? BUT if Trojan Nation did return but with a bunch of new players would they still be IN? Just curious!

Bob

Comment

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

well lets see i talk to jordan last night and now there is 11 teams that want in and 8 spots cause no one has steped up to run second day to make more room for more teams so as i see it who ever has played before or has team ready and has played before gets in. and yes have have the greatest writing skills look at all the errors lmao i dont care see i <<<< not capped lol oh well you get the point.
                              PDGA # 31451
                              2 Mini Aces
                              75 Aces
                              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                              DISC GOLF OR DIE
                              BOB CABAL
                              DISCVANGO
                              JEFF ELLIOT
                              G-MAN
                              JORDAN LEWIS
                              JEFF HAGERTY
                              JAMES GARCELON
                              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

So should Drunk and Disorderly change our name back to Valley Beer Drinkers? Would it change our chance of getting in? We changed the name after we submitted the roster. We could keep our team motto Not trying to be a douche just asking.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X