Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Disc Golf: Final Call Out for team rosters!

I posted a big long post under the rules thread but I thought that I'd better give this a whole new thread so it is easier to see.

Here's my thoughts on this year's rules:

1. Teams

1.1. Team Disc Golf 08-09 will consist of 8 teams in 2 divisions: East & West. Each team will compete in Match Play against each of the other teams once.

1.1.1. Each team must consist of 7 players. Any 7 players can make up a team, but players on the starting roster are the only ones eligible to compete for your team all year long.
    1.1.2. There are no substitutes or replacement players allowed, even due to injury.

1.2. Division assignment will be determined by seeding by scores at the first event.

1.2.1. The East division champion will play the West Division champion one match for the Team Disc Golf Championship. At the same Championship match all of the other teams will play off for 3rd through 8th place finishes.

1.2.1.1. The team in each division with the most Match Points will be the division champion.
    1.2.1.1.1. First Tie Breaker will be Head-to-Head Match Points.
    1.2.1.1.2. Second Tie Breaker will be Total Head-to-Head strokes.
    1.2.1.1.3. Third Tie Breaker will be higher Team rating total.
    1.2.1.1.4. Fourth Tie Breaker will be coin flip.

2. Player Ratings

2.1. Each team member has a Player Rating. A player's current PDGA Rating sets the beginning rating the Team Disc Golf season.

2.1.1. For any player who does not have a current PDGA player rating, the score in the first event shall set their player rating. If they are returning players, that score will be averaged with their final ratings from last year.

2.1.2. Player ratings will be modified during the season based on play. All player's matches will adjust their ratings for the following event.

2.1.3. When a PDGA player rating update happens, those ratings will be used at the next event replacing the modified ratings from the previous event for PDGA members.

2.2. Handicap: When a player with a higher rating plays against a player with a lower rating the higher rated player has a handicap based on the difference between the ratings during their singles match.

2.2.1. Based on the SSA of the course being played the number of rating points per stroke are determined:
    SSA of 42-43 = 14 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 44-45 = 13 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 46-47 = 12 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 48-49 = 11 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 50-54 = 10 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 55-59 = 9 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 60-64 = 8 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 65-67 = 7 ratings points per stroke
    SSA of 68-71 = 6 ratings points per stroke

2.2.1. Team 1 fields a 940 rated player while Team 2 fields a 975 rated player (975-940=35). On a course with a 50 SSA Team 2 has a 3 stroke handicap (35/10=3.5).

3. Match Play

3.1. We will follow the PDGA Rule Book for Singles and Best Shot Doubles competition with regard to actual play. If it's in their rule book then that's how we'll deal with it. 804.05 A(4) is not used during Team Disc Golf.

3.2. A match consists of two rounds of four singles matches. In each round a team can use any four players on its roster.

3.2.1 Bonus Match - If, after fielding 4 players in any 1 round, a team can field two other players they can compete for an extra point by playing a doubles round.

3.2.2 If the opponent cannot field two extra players, they may have 1 extra player play Cali. If the opponent has no extra players they forfeit the Bonus Match point.

3.2.3 If neither team can field the two extra players the Bonus Match point cannot be earned.

3.3. Each match will have a “Home Team” for the purposes of selecting the match-ups only; there is no other use for the “Home Team” designation.

3.3.1. In Round One the Visiting Team selects the players who will compete in the round first. Then the Home Team selects the players who compete against them.

3.3.2. In Round Two the Home Team selects the players who will compete in the round first. Then the Visiting Team selects the players who compete against them.

3.4. In both rounds the Visiting Team throws first until they lose the tee.

3.5. All tied morning matches will not play to a decision using sudden death. The Match Point shall be split evenly.

3.6. All afternoon matches must play to a decision using sudden death if necessary, starting on the next logical hole from where you ended the match. Do not return to central, just play on to finish it.

3.7. The only exception to this rule is in case of darkness. The match can be called due to darkness as a tie with the point being split evenly between the teams.

4. Scoring

4.1. Each match is worth 1 point for a total of 4 points possible per round.

4.1.1. If less than 4 players are available, you can field what you have and forfeit the match points for matches you don’t have players to compete. All forfeited matches count as 108 strokes towards any tie breaker.

4.1.1.1. In Doubles: One person can play California, picking only one shot on each hole to take a second throw.

4.2. Match Point: The team with the most points earns 1 extra point for winning the match.

4.2.1. Ties: In the event of a tie, all strokes, including handicap strokes, from the round are added up by each team and the team with the lowest number of total strokes wins the match point.

4.2.1.1. If that is tied then lower total team rating wins the match point.

4.3. GBP Team Bonus: One bonus point is awarded to any team that plays all 7 of its team members in a match. In other words, if your team has seven people and all seven of them play in at least one round during a match, your team receives one bonus point. The Team bonus point is not awarded until after the Match Point is decided.

5. Schedule:

5.1. All teams will play 7 matches over the course of the Team Disc Golf season from October to February. All teams will play their matches on the same day at the same course. The 7 courses to be used in Team Disc Golf this year are: Riverbend, Timber, Dabney, Pier, Adair, Sorosis and Trojan.

5.2. The start time for the first round starts at 10 am. In the months with shorter daylight that can be as early as 8:30 or 9 am. The start time of the second round is 1 pm allowing for a lunch break.

5.2.1. Optionally the second round can start immediately after the first round with the approval of the two team captains.

5.3. Team Disc Golf matches will be held on Sundays:
    5.3.1. Prelims - Sunday October 19th: Pier Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.1.1. Match-up: All play singles to set ratings and seed divisions
    5.3.2. Week 1 - Sunday November 2nd: Sorosis Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.2.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.3. Week 2 - Sunday November 16th: Riverbend @ Milo McIver State Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.3.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.4. Week 3 - Sunday November 30th: Adair County Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.4.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.5. Week 4 - Sunday December 7th: Dabney State Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.5.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.6. Week 5 - Sunday January 4th: Timber Park - 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.6.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.7. Week 6 - Sunday January 18th: Pier Park - 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.7.1. Match-up: TBD
    5.3.8. Week 7 - Sunday February 8th: Trojan Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes
    5.3.8.1. Match-up: TBD

5.4. The 2 teams that win their divisions will play one match to decide the Team Disc Golf Championship. The second place teams play off for third, the third place teams play off for fifth and the fourth place teams play off for seventh.
    5.4.1. Championship Week - Sunday February 22nd: Championships: Riverbend @ Milo McIver State Park – 2 rounds of 18 holes

6. Late Penalty:

6.1. When start is called you may begin your round. Score each hole of the opposing team with 7's until they arrive at the tee of a hole that no second shots have been taken.

6.2. If the opposing team member has not arrived by the time you have reached the 18th hole of the first round they forfeit the opportunity to play in the second round. THINKING OF DROPPING THIS RULE

After some talking at WOX I have come up with this set of rules for the new year. Instead of coming up with a change for handicapping doubles, I decided to just make the whole thing singles matches. This also should help with ratings as every round played will effect your rating. No more hiding in the dubs to keep an artificially low rating, Chompy.

So this is the official call out to all teams! Get your line-ups in ASAP. The league went from 12 openings to only 8.
    I know lineups for 3 teams:
    Good Bad & Sassy
    Jordan Lewis 923
    Gawain Stern 919
    Jeff Elliott 937
    Jamie Gibson ???
    Sam Gibson ???
    Teresa Bellinger 891
    Cris Bellinger ???

Green Bowl Packers
    Same Baggers as last year

Vapor Trail
    George Adams 841
    James Moore 967?
    Chris Graham 901?
    Patrick Darr 890
    Jim Nims ???
    Roger Anderson ???
    Lonel Greene 878

I have heard talk from Putt This!, Dark Horse, Big Winds and Valley Beer Drinkers. New teams like Asshole Casserole, Lunchtime Leaguers and Rockwood Roughnecks.

If we had a Saturday league I know of a couple of other teams that might join. I did get a couple of inquiries about running the Saturday side of Team Disc Golf.

I need final rosters from any other returning teams and then maybe a few new teams can join in. But I think that there will be teams left out again this year if nobody steps up. YAR!
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

return of the jedi...I mean the WS-Slingers!

Here is the current roster for this year's version of
    WEST SIDE SLINGERS:

Jason McGrew (captain)
    Ken Gilmore
    Albert Ricker
    Tim Price
    Dustin Keys
    Brody Cannon
    (Scott Searles--maybe )

The seventh player has not committed quite yet...
    When do you need a final roster? Does our team have any advantage this year, after placing second last year, even though we only have three returning players?

I couldn't research initial ratings for you because PDGA.com is still down!

Thanks for all that you do fine sir! You rock!

Comment

Now my math is off!

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
      Here is the current roster for this year's version of
      WEST SIDE SLINGERS:

Jason McGrew (captain)
      Ken Gilmore
      Albert Ricker
      Tim Price
      Dustin Keys
      Brody Cannon
      (Scott Searles--maybe )

The seventh player has not committed quite yet...
      When do you need a final roster? Does our team have any advantage this year, after placing second last year, even though we only have three returning players?

I couldn't research initial ratings for you because PDGA.com is still down!

Thanks for all that you do fine sir! You rock!
      Scott was thinking about playing in the Saturday league so maybe he and Wes could team up to run that side of the league? I wasn't sure what was gonna happen with the WSS this year, so if you add them to the mix I see 11 teams that want to play and players that want to join but don't have a team. This is begging for a second league!

Comment

From T-Ry

Do what you want to the rules…the Green Bowl Packers will prevail!!! We’ll figure out how to manipulate the system…like we have done every year.

It’s nice that the rules have wording in there only pertaining to the number one team…GREEN BOWL PACKERS.

4.3. GBP Team Bonus: One bonus point is awarded to any team that plays all 7 of its team members in a match. In other words, if your team has seven people and all seven of them play in at least one round during a match, your team receives one bonus point. The Team bonus point is not awarded until after the Match Point is decided.
        TOTALLY COOL our own bonus

After some talking at WOX I have come up with this set of rules for the new year. Instead of coming up with a change for handicapping doubles, I decided to just make the whole thing singles matches. This also should help with ratings as every round played will effect your rating. No more hiding in the dubs to keep an artificially low rating, Chompy.
        You don’t want to mess with CHOMPY !

Can’t wait for all of you to see our new design…even better than last year…oh yeah our BACK TO BACK DESIGN!!

Going for our “THREE-PEAT” and still waiting for the plaques and something that put it on …not counting the nice end table Scott S. made .

Captain of the GREEN BOWL PACKERS

T-Ry

__________________________________________________ ______________

06-07 Team Golf
        07-08 Team Golf
        08-09 Smokin' our way to a "three-peat"

Comment

Beating your asses down is only going to taste that much sweeter now...
          “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
          ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Just like the Cubs on your sorry ass Dodgers.

Hey Sam this year are you going to win a match ! What was your record last year... 0-?...I can't remember .

Sam...FYI Back to Back Champs... don't forgot it.

Comment

Darker than ever and back for this season

Eric Langsam
              Rob Smith
              Eric Mathius
              "the" Jeff Mittl
              Dan Zents
              Tom Moore
              Kel Carver

be afraid . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                Just like the Cubs on your sorry ass Dodgers.
                Oh yeah? You guys are going to get swept? Sweet...

Hey Sam this year are you going to win a match ! What was your record last year... 0-?...I can't remember .
                Dunno. Don't care. Last year sucked and I strongly feel that the best team did not win.

Sam...FYI Back to Back Champs... don't forgot it.
                Remember the words... hollow victory.
                “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Remember the words... hollow victory
                  Feeling the love...

Comment

Team Drunk and Disorderly!!!

You might win but we'll be drunker!

Shawn Wilberscheid (unrated)
                    Eric Wilberscheid (unrated)
                    Joe Wesley (unrated)
                    Claude Koch (unrated)
                    Celeste Scandiffio (750)
                    Kirsten Voyer (809)
                    'Over the Hill' Bob (bagger)
                    Last edited by Celeste; September 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                      Feeling the love...
                      You know I got nothing but love for each and every one of you. That said, you even admitted that you looked for the loophole in the rules to give you an advantage. Come on, now... if that's not hollow, I don't know what is.

You beat Jordan and his system. Well done!
                      ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Sam... That post was from TRy on the earlier post. I didn't say it TRy did. I know you have love for us...this is just Team Golf Smack talk.

I did notice last year that You and Jamie tried the same thing that we did with Dizzy and Amanda (loop hole)... Unfortunately Jamie can only carry you soooo far (j/K)

Serious note....DODGERS SUCK AND GOING DOWN QUICKLY HERE WE GO CUBBIES HERE WE GO!!!!!

Comment

LOL - that's what this is all about, aint it? Smack talk, baby!

Yeah... Jamie is strong and we did attempt to do the same thing. Unfortunately, when we met Dizzy and Amanda and had to give THEM strokes, it was clear the system was flawed and needed fixing. Again, way to beat the system.

As for who said it, you should tell T-Ry to get his ass registered here and talk his own smack.

Serious note? That was the funniest thing you wrote today, Kevin. Go Dodger BLUE!
                          ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Things are rolling fast now!

Teams with 7 players ready to go:

Good Bad & Sassy
                            Jordan Lewis 923
                            Gawain Stern 919
                            Jeff Elliott 937
                            Jamie Gibson ???
                            Sam Gibson ???
                            Teresa Bellinger 891
                            Cris Bellinger ???

Green Bowl Packers
                            Same Baggers as last year

Vapor Trail
                            George Adams 841
                            James Moore 967?
                            Chris Graham 901?
                            Patrick Darr 890
                            Jim Nims ???
                            Roger Anderson ???
                            Lonell Greene 878

Dark Horse
                            Eric Langsam
                            Rob Smith
                            Eric Mathius
                            "the" Jeff Mittl
                            Dan Zents
                            Tom Moore
                            Kel Carver

Drunk and Disorderly
                            Joe Wesley (unrated)
                            Claude Koch (unrated)
                            Celeste Scandiffio (750)
                            Kirsten Voyer (809)

Teams with rosters not nailed down:

Asshole Casserole
                            Kyle 931
                            KT Wilson 806?
                            Erik Wilson 935?
                            Jevon Schooley 840?
                            Matt Atkins 870?
                            Cam Levine 890?

West Side Slingers:
                            Jason McGrew (captain)
                            Ken Gilmore
                            Albert Ricker
                            Tim Price
                            Dustin Keys
                            Brody Cannon
                            (Scott Searles--maybe)

Teams yet to turn in rosters:
                            Putt This!
                            Big Winds
                            Rockwood Roughnecks

If I hear from all of these teams that puts us at 10 and we'd need to come up with a Saturday league!!!

Hopefully the PDGA will fix their problems and let me back into the site to check ratings! YAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                              Team Drunk and Disorderly!!!

You might win but we'll be drunker!

Joe Wesley (unrated)
                              Claude Koch (unrated)
                              Celeste Scandiffio (750)
                              Kirsten Voyer (809)
                              Woohooooooooo! I'm soooooooooo looking forward to this. And my "bagger" rating is currently 723.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X