Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Will Odom replaced? Really?

Why was Will replaced?

Bob

Injury... though he did give me the thumbs up sign when I saw him and blocked him in the circle at Pier on Saturday.

If Climo becomes available, how bad of a hangnail would I need to have in order to pull an injury replacement?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Honestly, I think the most surprised person in this whole transaction was Will.
      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
      PDGA #37890
      Stumptown #157
      ODW TDG 10-11
      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

As I understand it, the rule (new this year) is that if a player is injured and CAN NOT play they can be replaced. Will WAS injured, but IS able to play. How can he be replaced? AND shouldn't the injured player be consulted? And a TEAM decision made? What is happening this year? This is NOT the spirit of Team Golf as I know it.

I'm sure glad my Team didn't replace me when I coughed. You know, at my age it could be assumed I was dying.

Bob

Comment

Oh yeah, I just wanted to add:

THIS IS TOTAL B... S...!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Over the Hill" Bob;47643]Oh yeah, I just wanted to add:

[SIZE="3
            THIS IS TOTAL[/SIZE] B... S...!

Bob
            Bob is mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore.

Personally I think the biggest travesty was not pairing up 3C & Me with D&D. A Dave vs Bob match would have been talked about for years to come. Some day Spencer Stewart will be telling his grandkids about the old guys he beat when he was 11.
            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
            PDGA #37890
            Stumptown #157
            ODW TDG 10-11
            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by Over the Hill" Bob;47643]Oh yeah, I just wanted to add:

[SIZE="3
              THIS IS TOTAL[/SIZE] B... S...!

Bob
              I would have to agree Bob. As far as I knew Will ha no idea, Jordan had no idea. Will showed up to play and he found out he was off the team. He did end up shooting a round and shot a 63. Not bad at all being just a few weeks off from a dislocated knee.
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                Honestly, I think the most surprised person in this whole transaction was Will.
                I do believe your right! What's puzzling to me is this is supposed to be for my own good. Since when did I become unable to care for myself. I did just fine last year after dislocating my right kneecap and tearing my mcl.
                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

I'm sure glad my Team didn't replace me when I coughed. You know, at my age it could be assumed I was dying.

Bob
                  Bob-
                  We did replace you but thought actually telling you might mean you meeting BIG and 2 pac in that big ole steak and titty bar in the sky a little early.
                  We still welcome you to come out to TDG though.
                  Love
                  D&D

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
                    I do believe your right! What's puzzling to me is this is supposed to be for my own good. Since when did I become unable to care for myself. I did just fine last year after dislocating my right kneecap and tearing my mcl.
                    Um that is just weird Are we not all adults here, and able to decide for ourselves wether or not something is in our best interest.

Sounds like a huge miss on the communication in this situation also. A phone call should have been made at the very least.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

It doesn't seem like the rule for replacement was followed. It was pretty clear that it was only there for when someone COULDN'T return for the ENTIRE season. Even if Will had to sit out at Pier and was back at the next or even just the last TDG event, he was not eligible to be replaced.

Comment

Chompy was injured and replaced. He cant return and wont return this season. Therefore a replacement was made. Will obviously can play, although not 100%, so a replacement should not have been allowed. I know Will didnt make this decision so nothing against him, and nothing against Gwillim for taking his spot. This was a very bad decision made by the captain, and no offense to Jordan, but this move should not have been allowed. Maybe Jordan was thinking that the team was all ok with it. I know Will was there ready to play before the cards were finalized and we were sent off to play.
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

i had to play with a torn calf muscle in a walking cast..........

VETOED/FAIL
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                            Chompy was injured and replaced. He cant return and wont return this season. Therefore a replacement was made. Will obviously can play, although not 100%, so a replacement should not have been allowed. I know Will didnt make this decision so nothing against him, and nothing against Gwillim for taking his spot. This was a very bad decision made by the captain, and no offense to Jordan, but this move should not have been allowed. Maybe Jordan was thinking that the team was all ok with it. I know Will was there ready to play before the cards were finalized and we were sent off to play.
                            Yes, not Gwillim's problem (unless he actually crow barred Will and it wasn't a slip on ice ), certainly a bad or misinformed decision. How is this all set right then? My thought is to throw out the round played by Gwillim, points adjusted, and Will continues on the team?

Bob

Comment

WTF?

This IS and SHOULD be between Will and his team captain. We made an injury replacement rule this year and it has been used more than once so far this season.

There are very few perks to being a team captain, but replacing an injured player is one of them. The final decision rests with the team captain. I would have loved to see better team communication so that the change wouldn't have been the shock that it ended up being.

Communication is always hard during the Holiday season, it is why I try to not schedule any matches this time of year.

So basically this is just a big 'shut your trap and worry about your own team Bob'. (But you know that I still gots nothin but luv for ya old guy.)

I am finally getting better from my 100į temp Sunday night and Jeff is heading over to help with stats. So hopefully we will get the final results posted up soon. Sorry for the delay.
                              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X