X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Team Whiskey Discs

I have a question. To me a very valid question. Why was our second round forfeited? Why throw 3 possible points out the window in the afternoon?
    According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
    I have a question. To me a very valid question. Why was our second round forfeited? Why throw 3 possible points out the window in the afternoon?
    Because a team has to have at least field 4 members before a match can continue.

I think that was a new team golf rule for this year.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

I don't remember anything about that but I have a horrible memory and it's a bit late to worry about it. I'll just have to try and make up points in our remaining matches.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        Because a team has to have at least field 4 members before a match can continue.

I think that was a new team golf rule for this year.

Cindy
        What?!?! There is no such rule. Even if only 1 team member shows up they can still play for 1 point in each round. It takes at least 3 players to have a chance at winning the match, but they can still play with less.

If the 2 teams would like to meet soon to make it up, I will still allow it. But only the players who were at Timber that day can be eligible to play. The team that didn't get to pick the matchups in the morning round gets to pick the matchups for the makeup round.

When an injury like that happens it is hard to continue the rounds. So I will make an exception for this. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          What?!?! There is no such rule. Even if only 1 team member shows up they can still play for 1 point in each round. It takes at least 3 players to have a chance at winning the match, but they can still play with less.

If the 2 teams would like to meet soon to make it up, I will still allow it. But only the players who were at Timber that day can be eligible to play. The team that didn't get to pick the matchups in the morning round gets to pick the matchups for the makeup round.

When an injury like that happens it is hard to continue the rounds. So I will make an exception for this. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.
          We screwed up. We offered first off to susspend the match, and make it up before the next match. Whiskey disc did not want to do that, and then it went right into the disscussion of forfiet. It was never suggested that we contine with the 3 person match-up, so I think we assumed it was not an opption. I now feel like a big dork for assuming that.

The 5 3Cs and a D that were present that day are tottally willing to meet the 5 Whiskey Disc team members that were present to make up the afternoon round. Scotty B let me know what you want to do.
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Though I'm not sure I should be eligible for said match if it does happen, Shannon's willing to play provided she's not the only one there.
            As Cindy says, let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
              Though I'm not sure I should be eligible for said match if it does happen, Shannon's willing to play provided she's not the only one there.
              Only the players who were there at Timber on 12/12/09 would be eligible to compete in a re-match of that round. Since you were there, I have no problem with you playing to defend your match point.

[soapbox]My only concern is that you try to come back too early from your injury just to win a stupid match point. You have many years of disc golf in your future, don't do something now that you will regret later.[/soapbox]

Comment

My 2 cents

Granted I took off fairly soon after my morning round, but here is what I have gotten from the various conversations I had.

All morning rounds were completed. Cindy talked with the other players about suspending the afternoon round. It was decided that with the holidays and such that it would be a huge pain in the ass to try and reschedule. So the talk moved to the afternoon round where a consensus was made to forfeit the afternoon matches. I believe Jordan, you were consulted by phone and I also believe that Keith was consulted as well in the matter and what should be done.

It seems to me that if all players that were present came to a consensus on the outcomes then that should be it. Personally I don't think it was a good choice, but can we really say we changed our minds?

I am willing to go out and play anyone on that team with great pleasure as I enjoy envery single one of them, but I don't see that happening next weekend being right after Christmas, and the following weekend is TDG again.

It royally sucks what happened to one of our golfing family and Will, I wish you a speedy recovery so we can have a matchup. Right now though a final decision needs to be made by someone so we can move on and get ready for Pier. I believe there are some green bowls to be packed and sent home.

Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                PDGA #37890
                Stumptown #157
                ODW TDG 10-11
                3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                  My 2 cents

Granted I took off fairly soon after my morning round, but here is what I have gotten from the various conversations I had.

All morning rounds were completed. Cindy talked with the other players about suspending the afternoon round. It was decided that with the holidays and such that it would be a huge pain in the ass to try and reschedule. So the talk moved to the afternoon round where a consensus was made to forfeit the afternoon matches. I believe Jordan, you were consulted by phone and I also believe that Keith was consulted as well in the matter and what should be done.

It seems to me that if all players that were present came to a consensus on the outcomes then that should be it. Personally I don't think it was a good choice, but can we really say we changed our minds?

I am willing to go out and play anyone on that team with great pleasure as I enjoy envery single one of them, but I don't see that happening next weekend being right after Christmas, and the following weekend is TDG again.

It royally sucks what happened to one of our golfing family and Will, I wish you a speedy recovery so we can have a matchup. Right now though a final decision needs to be made by someone so we can move on and get ready for Pier. I believe there are some green bowls to be packed and sent home.

The only option that was not brought up was to continue with their 3 players, so I think we all assumed it was not an option. I wish we would have thought to ask about completing the afternoon matches with their three remaining players. Rookie mistake on all of our parts, but now we know.

I did PM Scotty, but have not heard from him. D-Walk is right though with the holidays and such coming up it is going to be hard to arrange it.

Cindy
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

The choice to not reschedule was made we are unable to field a team I have people out of town and the x-mas weekend is upon us so that is why we decided to not play the rematch so yes it is a forfiet. I don't like this anymore then the next guy but it was decided and that is what we have to do because of the situation I appreciate the second chance but we will have to decline at this time sorry see you all at Pier for the next rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
                      The choice to not reschedule was made we are unable to field a team I have people out of town and the x-mas weekend is upon us so that is why we decided to not play the rematch so yes it is a forfiet. I don't like this anymore then the next guy but it was decided and that is what we have to do because of the situation I appreciate the second chance but we will have to decline at this time sorry see you all at Pier for the next rounds.
                      I just wanted to offer the extra chance due to the unforeseen circumstances that occurred.

Happy Holidays Team Disc Golfers!

Comment

Some members of the team that was HANDED these points believe they should automatically go to the Saturday/Sunday championship
                        if they have the most points at the end of the season.

Sunday=10 teams tougher schedule, versus Minors only twice
                        Saturday=6 teams repeating matchups, versus Majors only twice

If you're scared to playoff, you've already lost.
                        There, I said it...

Merry Xmas
                        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                          Some members of the team that was HANDED these points believe they should automatically go to the Saturday/Sunday championship
                          if they have the most points at the end of the season.

Sunday=10 teams tougher schedule, versus Minors only twice
                          Saturday=6 teams repeating matchups, versus Majors only twice

If you're scared to playoff, you've already lost.
                          There, I said it...

Merry Xmas

Which members?? Nobody from my team responded to that other tread. I can't speak for the rest of my team, but I don't care who we play Saturday, Sunday, Monday....team whatever Bring it. Playoff, points, it does not matter we have the confidence that we will be in the big game at the end. Talk all you want you Sunday Primadonnas I think we have proved ourselves.

Merry Christmas

Cindy
                          Last edited by LegoRules; December 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                            Which members?? Nobody from my team responded to that other tread. I can't speak for the rest of my team, but I don't care who we play Saturday, Sunday, Monday....team whatever Bring it. Playoff, points, it does not matter we have the confidence that we will be in the big game at the end. Talk all you want you Sunday Primadonnas I think we have proved ourselves.

Merry Christmas

Cindy
                            Amber and Crist talked to me about this last night. I'm glad to hear you feel that way Cindy. With all of the details to TDG it's easy for teams to make excuses. It did seem like a strange standpoint.
                            Sunday Primadonnas huh? sounds like a badass team name!
                            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                              Amber and Crist talked to me about this last night. I'm glad to hear you feel that way Cindy. With all of the details to TDG it's easy for teams to make excuses. It did seem like a strange standpoint.
                              Sunday Primadonnas huh? sounds like a badass team name!
                              Not 100% sure what Crist was saying to you but I did hear something about comparing it to other sports, AFC vs NFC and so on. Regardless of what was and wasn't said, my point remains the same. No sport ever changes the rules, finals or anything, in the middle of the season.

And I am with Cindy on the fact that no matter who we play we always bring our game and aren't afraid of any team. We don't sandbag like some teams. We always try to play our best, no matter how far ahead we are. And we will enjoy taking down any team that comes our way.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X