Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: New idea for the Championships

My original Idea:
    Saturday Division winner with best record plays Sunday Division winner with best record. Normal match, just like the rest of the season, 1 round in the AM followed by 1 round in the PM.

Saturday Division winner without the best record plays Sunday Division winner without the best record. Normal match, just like the rest of the season, 1 round in the AM followed by 1 round in the PM.

This formula is followed down the line until you get to the 2 Sunday teams from each division with the worst records battling for DFL.

New Idea:
    Mini playoffs.
    In the AM round the 2 Saturday division winners play each other in 7 singles matches while the Sunday division winners play each other in 7 singles matches. AM Winners play each other in 7 singles matches in the PM round for the championship. AM Losers play each other for 3rd place.

This formula is followed down to the bottom 4 teams who will battle to not be DFL.

Comments or questions?
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

I like the playoff idea!!!! I would suggest that we have 5 singles matches and 1 doubles match per round.

Comment

I suggest that we model it after the college bowl championship series (BCS). Since Sunday teams are better golfers and tougher to beat, then a win against Sunday teams should be worth more.

We could even hold a Fiesta bowl for the two Saturday teams with the best records, because they wouldn't have automatic BCS bids. I think that everyone would agree that this is the simplest and most fair system.

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
        Since Sunday teams are better golfers

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danz View Post
          i suggest that we model it after the college bowl championship series (bcs). Since sunday teams are better golfers and tougher to beat, then a win against sunday teams should be worth more.

We could even hold a fiesta bowl for the two saturday teams with the best records, because they wouldn't have automatic bcs bids. I think that everyone would agree that this is the simplest and most fair system.
          best post of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
            I like the playoff idea!!!! I would suggest that we have 5 singles matches and 1 doubles match per round.
            This is not surprising since your captain was the one who told me about it and said he got the idea from you!

Comment

I like Jordan's/Pinkles playoff idea. But rather that having the 2 Saturday division winners playoff, I think that it would be more fair if we had the 2 Saturday teams with the best records playoff.

Does this mean that the Playoffs would be held on one day? Therefore, would have to be at a course that could accommodate all 16 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                I like Jordan's/Pinkles playoff idea. But rather that having the 2 Saturday division winners playoff, I think that it would be more fair if we had the 2 Saturday teams with the best records playoff.

Does this mean that the Playoffs would be held on one day? Therefore, would have to be at a course that could accommodate all 16 teams?
                If we don't use the divisions to determine playoff seeding what good is dividing them all up into divisions anyway? This is the model that I prefer so that is what we will go with this year.

The question being asked is do we want to have the Champions picked using 1 round of matches or 2 rounds of matches? If we go with 1 round of matches then on the Championship day each team will get to play 2 teams that day instead of just the one. It won't give the 2nd place team in any division a shot at playing for the Championship, but it will give the 1st place team with the worst record a shot to earn their way into the Championship match.

And yes, the Championships will be held at Milo, on one day, so we will (hopefully) be using the 36 hole layout for that day.
                Last edited by Sausage Fingers; December 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Playoffs..

So, it sounds like the Sunday league has better players - like the PAC 10, and the Saturday league is like the BCS?? I also vote that we play at a beer friendly park and that Keith brings a keg. They better make the playoffs...

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                    I also vote that we play at a beer friendly park and that Keith brings a keg. They better make the playoffs...

Cheers.

I endorse this message.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X