X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Timber - Injuries

Well, after all the debate, roads were great this morning and all team member arrived safely. Timber though, did not treat the members as nicely. MANY, MANY of our team members fell on and off the course. Mostly were uninjured from them.

Will (Will of Doom) however left in an ambulance. He was not playing and went to the car. While returning to the course he slipped on the sidewalk in front of the bathrooms. He dislocated his left knee. Will, our prayers and well wishes go out to you for a speedy and full recovery.

Also prayers to Jeff Cox on a speedy recovery. He fell on his non-throwing shoulder. After the first round he couldn't even lift his elbow above his shoulder.

To Sunday teams, please be careful!!!

I did get a text from Shannon. She said they got Will's knee cap back in place and were waiting on results from the x-ray. Speedy recovery Will and Jeff.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Hope you get better soon Will and Jeff!

One of our teammates skinned his knee but was able to keep playing. It was so slick on the concrete today.
      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Well Will is doing pretty well... as well as can be expected. Being injured sucks but don't think he is not looking forward to living on the couch and playing video games all week . Not entirely sure how long he will be down and out but it kinda depends on what the Orthopedic doctor says. I can't wait to see his face when he sees us again . Anyway a HUGE thank you to all who helped us out today. Special Thank you to Amber and Christ (sp?) for getting his car back to town and whom ever supplied the heavy green blanket and pillow . We still have said blanket and I can't remember exactly who it belongs to so let me know and i will make sure it get's returned. Hope you all had a great rest of the day.

Comment

Will said he is doing ok. out for a couple months at least. He said Shannon is going to continue on for the team. He will be there when he can in his crutches to support his team

Comment

Originally posted by alphawolf View Post
            Well Will is doing pretty well... as well as can be expected. Being injured sucks but don't think he is not looking forward to living on the couch and playing video games all week . Not entirely sure how long he will be down and out but it kinda depends on what the Orthopedic doctor says. I can't wait to see his face when he sees us again . Anyway a HUGE thank you to all who helped us out today. Special Thank you to Amber and Christ (sp?) for getting his car back to town and whom ever supplied the heavy green blanket and pillow . We still have said blanket and I can't remember exactly who it belongs to so let me know and i will make sure it get's returned. Hope you all had a great rest of the day.
            As Crist would say, he is not "Christ, he doesn't want that kind of responsibility."
            Anyways, not a problem. We didn't get to play, had plenty of time, and live over here too. Not to mention, I kinda felt shitty for getting back in my car and going off (in my mind) on the idiot who was "hangin out" on the ground in the freezing rain.
            If you are asking about the heavy blanket with an animal print on it, kinda fuzzy, it came out of Will and Shannon's car.
            By the way, who is this?

Comment

Oh, just realized this is Shannon. LOL. And if the blanket is wool-like, it came from the rescue truck. They pulled it brand new out of a package and laid it over him.

Comment

If it makes you fel any better Amber, I am still texting Will right now. He is doing ok. He said he was Laying there trying to be tough and work it out. Thats why he wasnt freaking out. I ont blame you for thinking it was nothing. He coul have been just some runk idiot who passed out there. That may have been funny. But it wa swill, a tough guy hurting like hell, trying to stay proud and not show his pain.

Comment

Will just texted me that he wants to thank whoever was there helping him before the EMT's got there. he doesnt know who was there to help him. I am sure he was in shock, been there, done that

Comment

If it makes anyone feel any better i totally thought he was messing with me when i saw him laying on the ground with his head propped up on his hand. Took more then a min to register that he was not in fact getting up and that i should probably get the heck over there. He was trying really hard not to freak out when he realized that his knee was not "fixing itself" like the other one did last time. Thank you again to all who stood by and offered help.

Ps. the drug induced stupor in the hospital before they got the knee cap back in the right place was pretty funny. He had a pretty hard time remembering much about what happened other then the basic fall... and resulting pain.

Comment

If it makes anyone feel any better i totally thought he was messing with me when i saw him laying on the ground with his head propped up on his hand. Took more then a min to register that he was not in fact getting up and that i should probably get the heck over there. He was trying really hard not to freak out when he realized that his knee was not "fixing itself" like the other one did last time. Thank you again to all who stood by and offered help.

Ps. the drug induced stupor in the hospital before they got the knee cap back in the right place was pretty funny. He had a pretty hard time remembering much about what happened other then the basic fall... and resulting pain.

Yeah that was wierd seeing him just lying there like he was relaxing on the beach. That stupid sidewalk was slicker than snot, but the blacktop was fine. That made it even more dangerous because you would just assume it was fine too. Some of the tee pads were fine, but some were really slick as well. Our thoughts are with you guys hopefully he heals fast.

Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Went to the orthopedist this morning and everything looks relatively fine. Nothing is broken of torn. Just a dislocation this time. They have me doing physical therapy again for at least the next 10 days that I'm off of work. I'm hoping to be off the crutches before then and maybe back to playing golf in a few weeks. Just have to see how it goes and be a bit more careful of my footing. Thanks to everyone that was there with me and a special thanks to Amber and Crist for taking my car home for me, sorry about the mess in the car lol, I owe you guys big time.
                        Last edited by Will of Doom; December 14th, 2009, 02:58 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling
                        According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
                          Went to the orthopedist this morning and everything looks relatively fine. Nothing is broken of torn. Just a dislocation this time. They have me doing physical therapy again for at least the next 10 days that I'm off of work. I'm hoping to be off the crutches before then and maybe back to playing golf in a few weeks. Just have to see how it goes and be a bit more careful of my footing. Thanks to everyone that was there with me and a special thanks to Amber and Crist for taking my car home for me, sorry about the mess in the car lol, I owe you guys big time.
                          Glad to hear it Will. Man that knee just did not look right. Before you know it you will be back out on the course.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Oh it looked absolutely horrible. Took a lot of pain killers, a doc and a nurse to get it back into place but it's back in and the healing is under way. Starting PT tomorrow afternoon and crossing my fingers that it heals up fast.
                            According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X