Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR Team DG: Week 4 at HH

FOOD FOOD FOOD

So are we going to try and do a big potluck or shall we still fend for ourselves??

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

I think it would be better if we did a large potluck. There aren't many places to eat around Horning's Hideout. We're running up against shorter days for this week of Team Golf as well as the next, so a long lunch break just won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by motherhucker View Post
      I think it would be better if we did a large potluck. There aren't many places to eat around Horning's Hideout. We're running up against shorter days for this week of Team Golf as well as the next, so a long lunch break just won't work.
      I agree and besides. ............potluck would be FUN! Too soon for Chili again?

Bob

Comment

Well, if 112 people each bring something, that ought to about feed my team!

I think a potluck is a great idea, and may I suggest HOT foods?

As it is, I may just see if I can camp out there, hitting the SDG event on Sat., and TDG on Sun. In which case, I will have a stove, heater, canopy, tables, and more!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
          FOOD FOOD FOOD

So are we going to try and do a big potluck or shall we still fend for ourselves??

I like the idea of a potluck, but I think it might be better if each team did there own. I worry not everyone will bring items to contribute, and there won't be enough food for everyone. I mean we are talking 100 plus people. Also there is an entire team who I think is not even on this forum. It would suck if those who come in later get shortchanged on food, but if each team was doing their own they would lookout for their team mates hopefully to make sure food was saved for them. Just my two cents.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Well, if 112 people each bring something, that ought to about feed my team!

I think a potluck is a great idea, and may I suggest HOT foods?

As it is, I may just see if I can camp out there, hitting the SDG event on Sat., and TDG on Sun. In which case, I will have a stove, heater, canopy, tables, and more!
            SDG event? If that was the Stumptown tourney it was cancelled as far as I know. But what do I know.

Bob

Comment

I thought it was on, since I saw it mentioned at http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues...isc_Golf_09-10 . Too bad if it was canceled; I was looking forward to a possible winter camping opportunity....
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

well if the weather holds for this coming weekend HAND WARMERS,FIRE and HOT FOOD will be very important... i know this is Oregon and its 6 days away but the High for next SUNDAY is 35/Clear

Comment

well if the weather holds for this coming weekend HAND WARMERS,FIRE and HOT FOOD will be very important... i know this is Oregon and its 6 days away but the High for next SUNDAY is 35/Clear
                  What weather service do you use Scott? Doesn't look clear or that cold. That said, I will have extra hand warmers for those in need.

forecast.weather.gov:
                  Sunday:
                  A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

www.intellicast.com:
                  Details for Sunday, December 06

Showers possible. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                    What weather service do you use Scott? Doesn't look clear or that cold. That said, I will have extra hand warmers for those in need.

forecast.weather.gov:
                    Sunday:

www.intellicast.com:

Bob Horning is going to have a fire pit ready for us but we need to bring wood. I have a couple of bundles that I will bring. Who else will bring wood?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post

forecast.weather.gov:
                      Sunday:

www.intellicast.com:

Faux news Andy Carson

then the channel 8 guy said a high 40

According to the 10 day from NOAA

so this looks like windy 40's and around quarter inch of rain

i'm glad we live in Oregon cause we all know this will change at least twice before sunday

Comment

I bought 3 big cans of stagg chili that I will heat up. so if people would bring chips and maybe salads,rolls or whatever we won't have to go anywhere for lunch or fend for ourselves, maybe some input?

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
                          I bought 3 big cans of stagg chili that I will heat up. so if people would bring chips and maybe salads,rolls or whatever we won't have to go anywhere for lunch or fend for ourselves, maybe some input?
                          I talked to Jordan last weekend when we were all out at Horning's about the potluck thing, and he said each team should do their own if they like. It would be to hard to organize a big potluck for everyone. I know our team is doing our own potluck.
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Faux news Andy Carson

so this looks like windy 40's and around quarter inch of rain

i'm glad we live in Oregon cause we all know this will change at least twice before sunday
                            It's now suppose to be cloudy with some sun breaks, but cold (high of 37 degrees) http://www.accuweather.com/us/or/nor...ler=0&metric=0

I will have two large fire pits in the parking lot, bring wood.

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post

I'll have a BIG Ol' can of Whoop Ass for the Roughnecks!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X